• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou's Lifting Strength

Currently, Garou has Unknown Lifting Strength in his "Human Garou" key.
"At least Class 25 (Knocked a large tree down with his legs and lifted an even larger tree, before spinning it around at high-speeds. Uprooted a tree with ease, launched Smile Man's kendama at high-speed with one hand, twice, launched a manhole cover at high-speeds, and twisted Royal Ripper's arm after countering his attempts to stab Tareo), likely Class M (Clashed with Genos, deflected his Machine Gun Blows, and redirected a rocket-propelled punch with a kick. Reflected Tanktop Master's strength onto himself twofold), possibly Class G (Redirected one of Metal Bat's regular swings and clashed with Metal Bat during the initiation of his Killer Move, before deflecting all of Metal Bat's Brutal Tornado, although Metal Bat could have killed Garou with one strike)"

He should also have Resistance to Electricity, since he was unaffected after being electrocuted by a power line. On the other hand, his Resistance to Poison should be removed, as he was still affected by the poison, with it hindering his physical ability severely. A very good stamina feat, which it is already listed as, but not resistance.

Everyone seems to support the change so far. How many perspectives do you think we should get before we have a bureaucrat or somebody look it over and apply the change? We have 6 in favor now, maybe 10.

Also... shouldn't this mean we should upgrade half monster Garou to "at least Class M, possibly class G"?

If Human Garou is "At least Class 25, likely Class M, possibly Class G", or straight up "Class M, possibly Class G", then Half-Monster Garou would be "At least Class M, possibly Class G, higher via Reactive Evolution". Along with that:
  • Superalloy Darkshine: At least Class G, likely higher
  • Post-Superfight Genos: At least Class M, possibly Class G
  • Tanktop Master: At least Class M, possibly Class G

If Human Garou is "At least Class 25, likely Class M, possibly Class G", or straight up "Class M, possibly Class G", then Half-Monster Garou would be "At least Class M, possibly Class G, higher via Reactive Evolution". Along with that:
  • Superalloy Darkshine: At least Class G, likely higher
  • Post-Superfight Genos: At least Class M, possibly Class G
  • Tanktop Master: At least Class M, possibly Class G
I think starting with '' Class M '' is better

Also, that's ten votes in favor now and none against. I think we can implement this if Antvasima or AKM_Sama is okay with it

If deflecting someone's strikes makes your lifting strength scale to them, then I'm fine with it. Human Garou is definitely physically weaker than TTM, MB, Genos and Bang though. He beat two of them because of his superior techniques and martial arts skills. I can see this affects many characters, especially Dragon-level threats and such.

WSRSF's "reflection" is treated as something that is done through martial arts skill and redirecting an opponent's own energy as opposed to physical strength. (Though of course there comes a certain point where an opponent is too strong to reflect). But either way I don't think that should be counted as lifting strength. Also you do not necessarily need to be able to bench press as much as someone to be capable of blocking their arm. Plus lifting strength and striking strength is generally treated as different.

I guess you could argue Limiter Break Garou's physical strength is at least somewhat comparable to Darkshine's since he was able to grapple on top of him while having the dominant hold. But I don't know.

I personally would just stick to the direct lifting feats he did like the tree and whatnot

Last edited:
In my opinion, Garou's physical strength scales to Darkshine's is totally fine. We know that Darkshine's durability scales above his own AP to a significant degree, and Garou could match his full power attacks and later hurt him. We are just uncertain about scaling Garou's lifting strength via redirecting attacks though.

But you said, there is a limit to how much he can deflect, when things are much higher, he just can't, as it was at the beginning of the fight against Darkshine.

Back