• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, so will Garou's martial arts be ineligible to just do what it does to stronger opponents?
Garou's Martial arts help a bit but Natsu is skilled enough that it doesn't even out the AP gap. Natsu can fight and defeat people above his own and has his own stat amp by using Rage Power. And as I mentioned Garou's Precog isn't an Issue as Natsu by the Tenrou arc is comparable to Erza in skill who fought Cobra, who had a massive stat advantage at the time, and had his passive mind reading that's comparable if not better than Garou's Precog.

A 7.5 figure difference is needed for Natsu to one shot Garou, here he's only 4x stronger and has up scaling from that. Which is a nice advantage but Natsu isn't one shotting Garou with his AP. However his fire is a lot hotter than anything Garou has resisted so that'll most likely be Natsu's best way of damaging Garou to their fullest extent.
Garou's Martial arts help a bit but Natsu is skilled enough that it doesn't even out the AP gap. Natsu can fight and defeat people above his own and has his own stat amp by using Rage Power. And as I mentioned Garou's Precog isn't an Issue as Natsu by the Tenrou arc is comparable to Erza in skill who fought Cobra, who had a massive stat advantage at the time, and had his passive mind reading that's comparable if not better than Garou's Precog.
This is also complete and utter nonsense. Garou is massively more skilled than Natsu is, Erza competing with Cobra is irrelevant here as Natsu isn't comparable to Erza in terms of skill, Erza excels at her comabt skill and her versatility. Natsu isn't known for either one, and Natsu performed much worse against Cobra in his fight against him so that's wonky.

Even then these are two very different forms of Precognition, Garou's isn't mind based, he doesn't read minds but rather his mechanics work on muscle movements, which allow him to read upcoming moves. For example, I wouldn't say that Kuroki Gensai or Tokia Ohma can counter Mind Reading based Precognition just because they can counter muscle movement and future sight based Precognition. Natsu can only amp via rage power, I'm not sure why he'd get sufficiently angry enough at Garou for that to actually mean much here.

Also I thought Natsu can't eat the fire he makes?

For the record, if Natsu has good heat feats ar this point in time (melting steel iirc.) then he should take this comfortably, he's already stronger than Garou but both combatants can stat amp (Garou's is much better however.) and both have comparable levels of stamina although there's issues here since the users here are using feats from later keys for both characters which doesn't slide.)

Garou's advantage are in the following

* Vastly more skilled than Natsu

* Can reflect Natsu's attacks back at him or away from Garou

* Stat amps and precognition.

Natsu's are as the following.

*Much better fire power

* Higher AP, which can increase if he gets angry.

*Much, much better range and AoE than Garou

Natsu once got a giant hole on his stomach, stabbed by a giant mech dragon and he still keeps on fighting. He also got poisoned which weakened for a bit and fought dragons on several occasions while still heavily injured.

Reading on both Stamina sections, I think Natsu will outlast Garou.
main-qimg-1c2dccb7f7adfaa74ddf81ba44d9d8bc

The exact same thing happened to Garou as well, you see a hole in his torso through his body where he just got impaled.

This version of Garou is a little bit stronger than the above Garou (he's evolving all the time and always finishes a fight stronger than when he started), so getting his vital organs crushed or being impaled may momentarily incapicitate him but will not kill him. And if Natsu doesn't completely destroy him after injuring like that, Garou will just get an AP boost from being roasted, melted or crushed and a regen buff.

Thanks for mentioning that though, Garou's stamina definitely needs to be raised to "extremely high" or a similar category since he actually grows the more energy he exerts and benefits from long, consecutive matches with challenging opponents.

I vote for Garou based on his reactive evolution and stamina, but I'm not familiar with Natsu at all so if he has an ability that can annihilate Garou I will change my vote.

Reactive Evolution is useless if Garou just gets one or two shot or burnt to a crisp as soon as the fight starts. Also Natsu has his own amps as well to keep his AP advantage massively in his favor.

Reactive Evolution is useless if Garou just gets one or two shot or burnt to a crisp as soon as the fight starts. Also Natsu has his own amps as well to keep his AP advantage massively in his favor.
True if he gets one-shot. But burning attacks are a bad idea, they'll have to be massively higher in AP to hurt Garou since his heat resistance is so crazy by the time he reaches 7-B. At first he could only handle superheated water, then it was 7-B energy blasts, then even hotter deflag blasts- don't know if those would be 7-B or 7-A.

What's Natsu's starting AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back