• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hold on a moment, doesn't this turn into a Raiden vs Armstrong scenario because Chakax doesn't have any dura neg on his profile to bypass Garou's eventual RE buffs who will just be able to unga bunga his way to victory?

Piercing damage.
Which will trigger his RE and make the AP gap impossible to overcome. Also-
So APPARENTLY, Aethyr resistance TECHNICALLY doesn't cover physical phenomena or techniques outside of the supernatural that don't produce some form of energy like heat or any other form of energy outside of pure air or physical attacks. SOOOO technically Garou's shit SHOULD be able to work on Chakax, which would include the shockwave dura neg and the attack reflection, as they don't produce some form of energy and are pure physical techniques. APPARENTLY Aethyr resistance is really confusing in these cases so we should judge it based on feats.

TL;DR Garou's attack reflection/dura neg/skill garbage should be effective and definitely NOT hard resisted.
-what stops Garou from copying Chakax's skill and Skill stomping him?

Great argument.
That sarcastic? Would you like me to go into the science of piercing damage? It's quite simple. The thinner the surface being used, the sharper it is, and how fast it's going.

The fastest bullet is around 1800 MPH, Chakax swings his sword at around 140,000 MPH, and it is also a sharp object, this means Garou is being hit by something that makes Bullet piercing damage look like a joke.

Which will trigger his RE and make the AP gap impossible to overcome. Also-

-what stops Garou from copying Chakax's skill and Skill stomping him?

Because Garou dies before he can copy any of the moves, each hit he takes, makes him literally stupid, and it stacks making him dumber and dumber with each hit, which is incredibly likely as the skill gap here is astronomically massive, throw in that this sword can even work on greater daemons like Lords of Change and Bloodthirsters, meaning even IF Garou survived the first blow, it's unlikely that he'd be able to adapt to resist the sword's effects, meaning he'll turn into a slobbering mess in short time, leaving him completely open for a follow up attack, then throw in that Chakax will always have a slight speed advantage as well and it's a done deal.

Because Garou dies before he can copy any of the moves, each hit he takes, makes him literally stupid, and it stacks making him dumber and dumber with each hit, which is incredibly likely as the skill gap here is astronomically massive, throw in that this sword can even work on greater daemons like Lords of Change and Bloodthirsters, meaning even IF Garou survived the first blow, it's unlikely that he'd be able to adapt to resist the sword's effects, meaning he'll turn into a slobbering mess in short time, leaving him completely open for a follow up attack, then throw in that Chakax will always have a slight speed advantage as well and it's a done deal.
RE and IR aren't dependent on his intelligence.

Prove that Chakax' sword literally erases instinct, which allows Garou to do all that was mentioned before (create a huge gap in ap, multiple forms of dura neg, reflection, deflection, and more)

RE and IR aren't dependent on his intelligence.

Prove that Chakax' sword literally erases instinct, which allows Garou to do all that was mentioned before (create a huge gap in ap, multiple forms of dura neg, reflection, deflection, and more)
I didn't say it would and I wasn't talking about his RE or Instinctive Reactions, I'm saying Garou gets taken out before any of that, with the sword forcing more openings, and also it does work on IR actually, because you can apply stupidity to characters with instinctive reactions and functionally mindless creatures and even abstract beings made of concepts.

All of this is just to force the fact that Garou dies before he adapts, by a massively more skilled opponent who also has the speed advantage and drains intelligence with every touch of the sword.

forcing more openings
How?
also it does work on IR actually, because you can apply stupidity to characters with instinctive reactions and functionally mindless creatures and even abstract beings made of concepts.
Garou's IR works when he's not even awake. When he's not thinking. He fights experienced martial artists and wins while sleeping using his IR alone. Prove that Chakax can neg that.

How?

Garou's IR works when he's not even awake. When he's not thinking. He fights experienced martial artists and wins while sleeping using his IR alone. Prove that Chakax can neg that.
the stupidity rule in the game can be applied to functionally mindless creatures such as Mutalith Vortex Beasts and Chaos Spawn, can be applied to Saurus Warriors and other fodder who have IR themselves, and can even be applied to beings that are literally from a higher dimension and are abstract entities made of concepts, ideas and are non-existent by their very nature. All of these things, can be affected and have been affected by the Tormentor Sword, and again, that's IF Garou even survives the first blow in the first place, which isn't likely because of the massive skill advantage and speed advantage.

I really don't like that we're treating Chakax's sword as some kind of durability negation.... The AP gap is large yet it seems the general consensus is that he somehow one-shots with it...

I really don't like that we're treating Chakax's sword as some kind of durability negation.... The AP gap is large yet it seems the general consensus is that he somehow one-shots with it...
Some shit about piercing damage being broken idk lol.

Honestly I don't like it myself, but I have to go with the most scientifically correct and logical way of going about it and... well, Piercing Damage is such bullshit.

You're wanking swords lmao. Never thought I'd live to see the day.
Even an averagely sharp sword can cut well above its AP at far less speeds than Massively Hypersonic, there's a reason bullets are considered practically instant win, they have a **** ton of piercing damage, a sword moving at the exact same speed as a bullet, disregarding the higher KE making it pierce more anyway, it wold have lesser Piercing Damage unless the edge is extremely fine, but now we're not moving at Supersonic speeds, 1800 MPH for the fastest bullet even, we're moving at the speed of lightning. Mach 200 or so even, the sheer amount of piercing damage is apsolutely asinine at these speeds.

Okay mini rant over

You're wanking swords lmao. Never thought I'd live to see the day.
You can have a redo, or request the thread be deleted (or both), but at this point you're just trying to bring a dead horse back to life.

For the record, your points do seem valid. But this isn't really the place to argue them since grace is already over.

Chakax not using his fists.
Garou has copied the skill of characters who don't use fists.
Bro this is monster garou not cosmic garou
He can still copy skill as a monster.
I have a question: why are we still arguing/debating on this thread when I'm 559.9% sure grace already ended?
I'm pretty sure Grace isn't reached until a character gets 7 votes.
Even an averagely sharp sword can cut well above its AP at far less speeds than Massively Hypersonic, there's a reason bullets are considered practically instant win, they have a **** ton of piercing damage, a sword moving at the exact same speed as a bullet, disregarding the higher KE making it pierce more anyway, it wold have lesser Piercing Damage unless the edge is extremely fine, but now we're not moving at Supersonic speeds, 1800 MPH for the fastest bullet even, we're moving at the speed of lightning. Mach 200 or so even, the sheer amount of piercing damage is apsolutely asinine at these speeds.
1: I just want to say i'm surprised I've never seen this kind of argument before on the wiki even for skill meme characters like Ikki and any Musashi or Sasaki.
2: Why would Chakax even open with piercing damage instead of a normal slash when he doesn't have anything to tell him about the stat difference or RE buffs?

Back