• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This one is pretty tough

Byleth can rewind time 13 times (via divine pulse), has a decent AP advantage, effective attacks (bane of monsters), has pretty good healing (via crest, items, healing focus, magic, etc), prevent counter attacks, arguably a speed advantage when injured (via vantage), and a much better range advantage.

Garou on the other hand has very good enhanced senses/instinctive reaction, very high accelerated development, better in close combat, Low-mid regen, technique mimicry, type 2 immortality, and if prolonged long enough, should be able to turn into his awakened form, MUCH better stamina, and has great pain tolerance.

Garou would probably immediately aim for vitals such as the heart, but the thing is, Byleth's heart doesn't even beat so that would make it a lot less effective. If Byleth uses anything that doesn't involve weapons (such as magic and certain brawling combat arts) Garou can mimic them. Even if Byleth were to get a good hit on him, it wouldn't do too much since Garou has great pain tolerance and much better stamina. (not to mention low-mid regen). This is assuming that Byleth can even land a hit on Garou, as he has instinctive reactions. In short, Garou would probably stomp Byleth first time around. That is, first time around.

Byleth has 13 divine pulse uses, so that should be more than enough to get around their enhanced/instinctive reactions. Seeing how the sword of the creator has the range to carve mountains in half, they should also outrange. It's not like Byleth can't tank any hits either, as they have lots of healing, and can possibly even heal all the way. Byleth can also prevent them from counterattacking via windsweep, and has bane of monsters which is effective against monsters. Byleth shouldn't have too much of a problem with the regen, as they can easily decapitate people or even tear them into small pieces. (as seen when he basically split edelgard in half and the slicing animation in sublime heaven.) Pain tolerance can be helpful, but it doesn't really do anything in terms of reducing damage. Also, if it counts, vantage makse byleth always attack first when injured. Byleth will probably be aware of his awakening in the first few divine pulses, so they will know to take them out quickly via decapitation or shredding them to pieces.

I'll vote Byleth high diff.

if only byleth had chalice of beginnings

This specific version of Garou is like barely a couple steps away from fully transforming. So even if they have 13 tries I feel like it will always end the same.

Byleth literally has no way of killing them immediately. Heavily injure? Yes. But I somewhat doubt that Byleth could decapitate Garou instantly due to lacking enough AP. Maybe with bane of monsters, but I'm not too sure even that will be enough

Yeah I still say Garou takes the win overall

While Byleth does have 13 tries he is massively outskilled and will have difficulty hitting Garou in a fatal way due to analytical prediction and Precognition, made even worse so by the fact that Byleth isn't aware of his regen.

Range spam can help but without flight its made especailly problematic due to Garou's innate agility, and to top it all off he can speed amp.

I say that Skill and Analytical Prediction allow Garou the time he needs to evolve each time.

isnt precognition = analytical prediction in Garou's profile? Byleth will probably be made aware of his regen in the first few rewinds.

Garou is probably more skilled yea, but Byleth is no slouche either, as they have been fighting as a mercenary for their entire life, and has probably taken down quite a few monsters in their lifetime.

Byleth also always attacks first via Vantage (when injured). Garou does have great agility, but Byleth has great AoE to help counteract that. I have yet to test this out myself, but I believe that all magic users actually have flight as seen in their gambit animation. We can also clearly see Nemesis in the opening cutscene have either great jumping ability or arguably flight as seen in the opening cutscene, Byleth should be able to do the same.

I still think that Byleth would probably have what it takes to kill Garou since they do have at least 13 tries to do so. With those rewinds, he could be made aware of all of Garou's abilities, and decapitate them via bane of monsters, or use windsweep to prevent them from counterattacking and then decapitate them.

Byleth being no slouch is irrelevant, without the skill necessary to outskill Garou before he can adapt quickly it's ultimately not going to get a win for him.

Getting Injured is bd when Garou understands pressure points, also WSRCF Compltely massacres Byleth if he gets in CQC due to damage reflection an attack flurry.

Gambits are game mechanics I believe, I'll double check that, then again flying and range spamming gives Garou time to evolve, which means insta loss for Byleth given the immense stat difference.

13 tries to do so yes but they have very little oppurtunity and time to work with to defeat him in that time, with the little time they have they are forced to do a killing blow, which means getting in CQC, which Garou is MUCH better in and is more versatile and has regen, and WSRCF can reflect Windsweep and Bane of Monsters.

Just for reference, it only took a couple panels of fighting for Garou to limit break and go to High 6A, landing a killing blow before he jumps to Low End 6B tkes very little time.

Garou was able to fight Darkshine while the latter was strong enough to break through WSRSF and his ribs simultaneously, and overwhelm him despite being unable to actually harm him at the time.( His fighting style was described as "Being cornered by a dozen martial artist at once")

Melee is also kinda though since his analytical prediction let him dodge Saitama, who was fast enough to blitz his movement speed and reflexes by his own statement, Magic is reliable since depending on the Aoe he will be forced to tank it, but keep in mind even at a lesser state he was able to evolve resistance to Fire and poison quickly in keys with worst RE.

And last but not least he has Abandonment who serves as an AP and Speed amp that allows him to blitz and One-shot previously close opponents.

Personally i think Garou can develop pretty heavy injuries, but should be able to survive said rounds long enough to evolve past byleth, considering one time he got slashed so bad even a psycho killer monster was sure he was already dead.

I mean if its that short of a timeframe, and assuming this isn't a mismatch or stomp in Garou's favor, I take back my vote for Byleth and vote Garou.

Back