• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Garou Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This calculation assumes that the combined attack was as fast as a high pressure water jet when it's actually a water jet being used to propel mass.

Is it probably as fast as one anyway? Yes. Let's be honest here, it should realistically be way faster than any bullet given the level of characters we're talking about. But, for calculation purposes only, I don't think it's useable due to the lack of hard evidence.

Plus, it's not even shown that Showerhead can do stuff like cut through concrete or anything. All he does is blast Garou with hot water, claim to be capable of changing the properties of water, and fire a jet of water (which can be as meaningless as a fountain) with some vague level of maximum pressure that he didn't even use against Garou. So assuming it's this fast or powerful is a really, really big stretch if his Disaster level wasn't known.

Though, maybe we could calculate the level of speed needed for the water to move in a straight line against gravity?

On a final note, 'barely moving' doesn't necessarily mean snail speed. Relative to human terms, I'd say even the lowest result in the calculation (3 cm/s) would be more than reasonable.

Last edited:
This calculation assumes that the combined attack was as fast as a high pressure water jet when it's actually a water jet being used to propel mass.

Is it probably as fast as one anyway? Yes. Let's be honest here, it should realistically be way faster than any bullet given the level of characters we're talking about. But, for calculation purposes only, I don't think it's useable due to the lack of hard evidence.
Huh... Yeah, I have to admit you're right here. From a calcing perspective, that assumption shouldn't be used.

Plus, it's not even shown that Showerhead can do stuff like cut through concrete or anything. All he does is blast Garou with hot water, claim to be capable of changing the properties of water, and fire a jet of water (which can be as meaningless as a fountain) with some vague level of maximum pressure that he didn't even use against Garou. So assuming it's this fast or powerful is a really, really big stretch if his Disaster level wasn't known.
Also true.

What do you propose Garou's ratings be changed to instead?

And do you have a list of characters who would be affected by this change?

Though, maybe we could calculate the level of speed needed for the water to move in a straight line against gravity?

On a final note, 'barely moving' doesn't necessarily mean snail speed. Relative to human terms, I'd say even the lowest result in the calculation (3 cm/s) would be more than reasonable.
I don't think it makes much sense to use that calc on the profile if the value Human Garou scales to is higher than that

On that note Human Garou has a MHS calc for deflecting Death Gatling's Death Shower which is accepted

This calculation is still on the profile? Was pretty sure it got discarded or debunked a long time ago... weird.
Agree FRA

Shower head should scale above actual showers tbh
How fast even is the water propelled by a shower.
What do you propose Garou's ratings be changed to instead?

And do you have a list of characters who would be affected by this change?
Idk.

I'll compile the list later.
I don't think it makes much sense to use that calc on the profile if the value Human Garou scales to is higher than that
That's totally irrelevant. Higher characters do have feats lower than weaker versions of themselves.

That's totally irrelevant. Higher characters do have feats lower than weaker versions of themselves.
Yes, I know. But I don't understand why is the calc linked on his profile if the speed he scales to is much superior, it should be linked as an image instead.

On that note Human Garou has a MHS calc for deflecting Death Gatling's Death Shower which is accepted
Left a comment on that. I don't think the assumptions used for it are right.

On another note, there's a weird amount of circular (especially when it comes to Sonic, Garou and Genos) and blatantly illogical scaling.

TTM and Pig God are MHS, but the Genos they scale to is MHS+.

And pretty much everyone scales to MHS+ because Genos is faster than Fubuki, who scales to Do-S, who scales to Bushdrill, who scales to Iaian, who scales to Evil Natural Water, Atomic Samurai, Black Sperm, etc.

I shouldn't have to point out the contradictions here. But I'll regulate it to another thread.
KLOL accepted it, so I guess it should be fine.
Yes, I know. But I don't understand why is the calc linked on his profile if the speed he scales to is much superior, it should be linked as an image instead.
Oh, I thought you meant something else.

KLOL accepted it, so I guess it should be fine.
It was fine. But another calc group member has issues with it now.

On another note, there's a weird amount of circular and blatantly illogical scaling.

And pretty much everyone scales to MHS+ because Genos is faster than Fubuki, who scales to Do-S, who scales to Bushdrill, who scales to Iaian, who scales to Evil Natural Water, Atomic Samurai, Black Sperm, etc.

I shouldn't have to point out the contradictions here. But I'll regulate it to another thread.
Yeesh, I didn't realize the speed scaling was that bad.

Doubt OP is gonna respond, he hasn't been active for a long while. Might be best if someone recalcs the feat.
Using a more suitable .295 m as the distance of Garou’s arm is moved you get 28,640 m/s or Mach 83.5 for the calc

I'll leave this open for some time before I make the sequel to this thread removing all the shoddy scaling.

On another note, there's a weird amount of circular (especially when it comes to Sonic, Garou and Genos) and blatantly illogical scaling.

I'm of the opinion that Gums shouldn't scale to Genos MHS+ since it was clearly a surprise attack which removes a lot of the issues. Gums should probably just scale to TTM who is somewhat comparable to Human Garou who should also get downgraded to any calculable speed feat he has.

I was planning to apply it after part 2 was done.

I might as well just leave this open in that case, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back