• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Game Sonic VS Game Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the funny thing about game Sonic is that his enemies are overpowering, but he isn't because his bad portrayal cancels out his power scaling from defeating them.That being said I think Mario takes this if he has Pure Hearts.

see, the biggest problem with game Sonic is that he doesn't use his 1 particular ability that could give him a fighting chance against more powerful characters (chaos control)

So unless you make him out of character, he is severely limited by PIS. I's why I think people should use Shadow instead of Sonic when making VS topics against other powerful characters....

anyways, which Sonic vs which Mario? if both at base (and non galaxy for mario) with no items sonic would win.If both at their most powerful possible forms Mario wins.

At their most base of base forms it's 7-B+ for Sonic to 7-B to 7-A, possibly 6-C for Mario, but Sonic has the mass speed advantage and has some good hax so I say both at base Sonic wins high difficulty.

Let's say Mario now comes back with the Crystal Stars and is now 5-B, defeating Sonic with ease.

Sonic now gets his Super Sonic form, which as I recall is 5-A or so, and that plus the speed advantage here I think wins this for Sonic mid-difficulty.

Mario then gets his Galaxy form which right is 3-B, more than enough to stomp Super Sonic.

Sonic then goes Hyper Sonic, which I believe we have at 4-C right now, and still gets stomped with ease.

Then we get Darkspine Sonic which is 3-A, and while now at a speed disadvantage due to reactions, his omnidirectional reality warping on a universal scale should be enough to put down Mario with ease.

Then Mario brings out the Pure Hearts and stooooomps Sonic super hard with his 2-B power. Even Archie Sonic would have difficulty with this form of Mario, and Game Sonic just gets crushed.

In conclusion: Mario wins.

Pikachu942 said:
At their most base of base forms it's 7-B+ for Sonic to 7-B to 7-A, possibly 6-C for Mario, but Sonic has the mass speed advantage and has some good hax so I say both at base Sonic wins high difficulty.
Let's say Mario now comes back with the Crystal Stars and is now 5-B, defeating Sonic with ease.

Sonic now gets his Super Sonic form, which as I recall is 5-A or so, and that plus the speed advantage here I think wins this for Sonic mid-difficulty.

Mario then gets his Galaxy form which right is 3-B, more than enough to stomp Super Sonic.

Sonic then goes Hyper Sonic, which I believe we have at 4-C right now, and still gets stomped with ease.

Then we get Darkspine Sonic which is 3-A, and while now at a speed disadvantage due to reactions, his omnidirectional reality warping on a universal scale should be enough to put down Mario with ease.

Then Mario brings out the Pure Hearts and stooooomps Sonic super hard with his 2-B power. Even Archie Sonic would have difficulty with this form of Mario, and Game Sonic just gets crushed.

In conclusion: Mario wins.
Pure hearts are Paper Mario...

"Galaxy Mario" isn't some special super form that Mario needs to take. It's just what Mario is. It only has a separate tier because people aren't comfortable with the fact that Mario casually solos Final Fantasy 7 and Bayonetta.

Speed cannot save someone who is an entire tier lower. You're way faster than a wall, but that doesn't mean you can take it down.

How the heck is that relevant? Take away Paper and SMG feats and you still have an island level character, which is 20 times more powerful than a city level character. Sonic's attacks aren't doing anything to Mario, and Mario only needs to land one punch. Sonic's rather lacking in the range department compared to Mario, so that's not as farfetched as it sounds.

The page literally says "Small City level+ to Mountain Level+ (casually punts Larry's castle in Super Mario World), potentially Island level+, higher with power-ups and equipment"

OP should have specified a lot more...

Hyper, you're only looking at the stats on the page and not why the stats are like that. Obviously Mario being really powerful is not something people are very willing to accept, which is why SMG Mario has a separate tier, so he often gets lowballed as much as possible.

Hiei312, the topic title says "Game Sonic vs. Game Mario." In absolutely no game is base Sonic a match for base Mario in terms of SMG, and SMG Mario is the same Mario as any other.

SonicFan177 said:
Base Sonic will beat Mario, Sonic is FTL+ Mario's fast reactions are not fast anough to keep up with base Sonic
I'd point out your name but I'm kinda living in a glass house myself.

Why can't it be an actual race, and not just a fight? And shouldn't this thread be closed like one of the users say? Unless Mario fights against somebody who is on his tier and won for real against Mario, this is going to be not end well for Sonic. It is never going to end well for Sonic the Hedgehog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back