• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Galaxy=Uni in dragon ball super manga?

I always found it odd that after the B.O.G clash in the DBS manga, every other huge feat capped out at galaxy level. After rereading the manga a couple times I noticed something that I thought might worth discussing. It appears on numerous occasions, the word "galaxy" is used interchangeably with "the universe" (more specifically the living universe, nothing really indicating otherworld).
I'll post all evidence I have found indicating this.

Merus saying he's come to loving the galaxy, then switches to saying " this universe full of excitement" and asks goku to protect it ALL.
Goku then saying he made a promise to Merus to protect the galaxy, when he, again asked goku to protect the entire universe.
Furthermore Goku said Merus wanted him to protect the universe and he inherited his will, so in this case galaxy clearly means universe.
Merus saying the galactic patrol protects the universe, then saying they protect the galaxy
Jaco saying he joined the galactic patrol to preserve peace in the galaxy, goku replies "since im galactic patrol, i want to protect the peace in the universe too"
Whis saying the universe was in discord, even though it was stated Moro and his goons were only messing with the galaxy. And then after Moro was defeated, the narrator tells us that the universe was at peace, when again it was stated was that Moro and his goons were messing with the galaxy.
Moro about to destroy the galaxy, and then its stated that they can't just use the super dragon balls to bring earth back because the galaxy was going to be destroyed, even though we know the super dragon balls exist not just throughout not just the galaxy, but the entire universe.
And then the Grand Supreme Kai, after goku beats Moro, tells Uub straight up that he is the savior of the universe, when again, the statements all point only to the "Galaxy" being nuked.
Last but not least Zamasu saying he does not need this cosmos or the earth anymore, and that he was gonna nuke the galaxy.
The word cosmos being defined as, surprise surprise, the universe seen as a well-ordered whole. (oxford dictionary).
So the Zamasu statement saying he doesn't need the universe, then threatening to wipe out the galaxy would only make sense if the word "galaxy" and "universe" is interchangeable within dragon ball, which I, again showed several examples of.

And before anyone says it, no, this doesn't mean the dragon ball living universe is 3-C, we do know that the universes contains multiple galaxies.

Why does this matter?
Potentially upgrades both Moro's and Zamasu's feats to 3-A
Depending on the context, this may upgrade future "galaxy" busting feats within dragon ball.
I was planning to make this a CRT, but wanted everyones thoughts on galaxy potentially being used to refer to the living world, before making it an actual CRT.

Moro threatening the super dragon balls is actually good evidence for universe busting because there is a very little probability that in all of the billions of galaxies in the universe, one of the super dragon balls would be in the milky way.
I like this, interpreting galaxy as universe would actually be consistent with the SSG feat.
Also beerus champa and belmod should all scale to universe level because beerus and champa were gonna destroy u7, jiren should scale above belmod.
Good job here.

Zamasu's character is that he hates The Mortals but he loves the universe and its celestial bodies. So when he threatens to destroy the Galaxy it is because he is going to make an exception and just destroy the specific Galaxy they are in. Obviously he can one shot the Galaxy Our Heroes reside in but it is unclear if you can one shot the quadrant.

This is why even in the anime he doesn't destroy the celestial bodies but holds back enough to try and destroy all of the living Mortals on the planet.

Back