• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gae Bolg Magical Energy Weakness (and Berserker God Hand's Profile Note)

Let me make this brief

The description for Gáe Bolg: Barbed Spear includes a section that describes the weaknesses of the technique
However, the image that was linked in order to confirm such weaknesses is no longer appearing (or at least it is not appearing to me in specific)
I'm creating this thread so that it may be replaced by a more accessible image or, in case whatever revision led to the linking of the image is no longer valid, deleted

On that note, I have been informed that the note in Berserker's profile about his God Hand participation in versus threads might need some revision if not outright deletion

Hopefully, Fate supporters aren't too occupied for this

Last edited:
Let me make this brief

First can be taken Fate/complete material II: Character Material - Characters: Lancer, p.070-073, Fate/side material - Encyclopedia: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm], p.061-062, Fate/EXTRA material - Encyclopedia: Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death [Noble Phantasm], p.178, Fate/complete material III: World Material - The Servants of the Fifth Holy Grail War: Lancer, p.022-023... basically ANYWHERE Gae Bolg is mentioned. Are the images needed? I dont think these are translated officially, so any image is basically fan-made.

Now, Herakles' God Hand - Twelve Labors... It is actually a problem even in-verse, because it God Hand has been treated one way in the original VN, one way in the UBW anime and is "sealed"/weakened in FGO... Even ignoring the problem that it generally lacks much internal cohesion (it's basically a way to say Herakles is the greatest of them all / conditional plot armor that when needed can be ignored - Emiya Archer killing Herakles multiple times, like WTF), is there even a way to "classify" the attack of other verses without it being completely subjective? Please remember that this classification IS NOT REALLY = to POWER or STRENGTH, or at least, it's not only that:
Q. I have a question about the Servants vs. other character answer in the 9th issue of Comptiq. About a Servant with an average Noble Phantasm, who would have one and what rank would that have been?

A:
That's a serious question. The level of the Noble Phantasm would be B, and ability being represented by numbers would be called an average Noble Phantasm. Broken Phantasm, Barrier of the Wind King (C), Gae Bolg (thrown) (B), that sort.
On the other hand, those with conceptual effects, destiny interference types fall into a special category. With Gae Bolg (regular), no matter how much Arcueid might be superior to Lancer in numbers, she will be killed depending on her luck, you see.
And:
Q: What effect does a "– (minus sign)" as far as stats are concerned? I've been wondering this forever and I've been losing hair trying to figure this one out. Please help me and give me an answer! <Lord Baldy>

Nasu: That's a tricky one. A minus sign is like that one thing, you know? It's like a B in terms of rank, but for your ability it's less than a B, maybe even a C. Something like that. Think of it as a number that's not very stable. Also, take care of your hair.
Takeuchi: I see. Kind of like when a new game you've been waiting for causes your writing speed to become unstable.
Nasu: A clear, perfect example, thank you... Please be gentle to mushrooms.
There are many more, but I think this demonstrates my point.

Back