• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gaara vs Erza Scarlet (speed equalized)

don't see a lot of sense in this battle gaara would be costrect to protect his body with sand completly so it depends if Erza can break his armor or not and well considering she cuts steel with air pressure i am pretty sure she could that's pretty much all.

I'm not sure. Gaara doesn't like getting into close combat and he can create a sand platform to stand on while keeping away from Erza. Unlike Part 1 where he remains stationary expecting his sand to defend him from everything. Thinking Gaara for now but I'm not sure.

that's more or less what i was talking about it really only is a question Can Erza break his defence i am sure she can but i don't know how "tough" gaara's sand is

Gaara was able to defend himself from bone with higher density than steal, and that's Season 1-3 Gaara.

Gaara's defense should be able to keep Erza at bay and Gaara's offense should be able to swarm Erza in sand and crush her.

@pokemon trainer jacob well you need to consider Erza cut steel with nothing more than air pressure and she pierced the entier plutogrim using Kyoka's body so she can pass his deffence plus she has many magical base attacks and diffrent elements thou i guess if he succeds at sealing he would win but honestly i would still stick with Erza since she has water element attacks too that are shown to be super effective against Gaara and without his sand he is in big trouble and there is also wind based armor now and Gaara's offence is only probably on city lvl so not necessarily would he be able to hurt in particular as i said before with her sea empress armor so yeah.

Vote for Erza

@cropfist guess we need imputs about the place they are fighting cause if there is no sand around Gaara is almost at her mercy with water attacks.

@burning full fingers Gold dust is used by Gaara only when his father summoned it so he can't use it on his own and magnet realease is shukaku's abilty and Gaara no longer has Shukaku.

Gaara has another armor under his skin. Also I don't really remember her fight with Kyōka but if she did that in close proximity, she would have a hard time doing so here as Gaara wouldn't get into close combat with her. But I think Gaara's close combat skill has increased since he could keep up with Kinshiki or something. I'm not sure when it was revealed that water was Gaara's weakness. It says oil on his page. Can you remind me, please? What does Wind God Armor have to do with this? Also, Erza needs to get in range for her water attack as far as I know and that won't be decisive anyway since he keeps sand in his gourd. It's not like he's made of sand or can transform into sand like Ajeel. He has Magnet Release and can use a clone as a decoy or to lure her into an attack or something.

I need to find it and it's night for me so i am gonna do it tomorrow but it's basicly when he is figthing like ten water use ninja but they use water and he becomes unable to use almost all of his sand.

Magnet realease is shukaku's abilty so he can't use it.

Wind god armor was shown very usefull against Ajeel so it's just an assumption it should be useful against Gaara as well,

If he uses his sand to attack and she uses water to block it that sand becomes worthless to him so she can gradually come closer to him and as i said magical base attack would be very usefull as well and i am not sure how big her range is so i can't tell you about that in specific i simply think she wins cause she has quite a lot of advantage since she can use telekinesis to attack with hundred of sword and then just rush in attack or magic attacks element attacks as water to give her huge advantage with so much diffrent options,

Anyway tomorrow i will find ya where water weaknes is showed but i think it's filler episode so maybe for that it wasn't added to his page since we only took data from manga still even without that wekaness Erza has so much options against him so i would kinda say mid difficulty win for her.

Oh and Gaara's defence depends on how much sand he has so if in the battle area there isn't enough sand than his defence is rated only town level.

Okay. Because I don't remember water being stated as a weakness.

He gained access to that after the war. I think it's from his lineage. Just like he retained the ability to use sand.

If I remember correctly, that was when Ajeel transformed into sand which Gaara doesn't do. Also, he has access to Wind Release, so he can counter Erza's techniques.

Proof of Gaara's sand being susceptible to water? Anyway, Gaara summons large amounts of sand to attack. Erza might not be able to take care of it immediately and Gaara can capitalize. Even if she can do so, she's going to use time no matter how little and Gaara can use that window to leave a clone in his place to attack Erza or seal her either when she's busy with the clone or when her guard is down. No, Gaara's range is far superior to hers. Meaning he can easily keep away from her and attack like he prefers to do. Meanwhile, Erza would try to get in close combat which wouldn't be possible with Gaara's unwillingness to fight in close proximity and his much more superior range. Her telekinesis won't work since Gaara can pretty much stay out of the range of her attacks. And if we assume it can, why can't Gaara just crush them with a large wave of sand or use his sand shield to defend himself from them? And he won't be caught off guard because he can use a clone to cover for him or use his third eye to observe her.

His sand defense doesn't rely on how much sand he has, iirc. Isn't that an ability given to him by his mother. Anyway, I think Standard Battle Assumptions takes care of that. Also, can you remind me of when Gaara ran out of sand? Because I don't remember.

[weakness with water] minute 9:18-10:04 they explain why Gaara can't use his sand and it's shown him trying but failing and he runs out of sand.

Now go read Gaara's profile here he is only possibly city lvl with enough sand in both ap and durabilty which means a battlefiled like desert.

So Erza breaks his deffence and he can make maybe a scratch on her since she is at least city lvl in both.

So yeah the only chance he has is sealing since Erza can break his defence rather easy with stronger AP and has a lot of different elemental attacks.

Vote for Erza

P.S Sorry it took long to find the video but i was busy yesterday.

Okay. That is not a problem as Gaara can easily outrange her. He can also use Replacement Technique. Additionally, if Erza uses water to attack if she's in Gaara's range for some reason, there's nothing stopping him from flying away from it or possibly using Wind Release to blow it away.

I already said Standard Battle Assumptions takes care of this.

Huh? Erza can break Gaara's shield but that wouldn't happen because he wouldn't entertain close combat and her weapons can't reach him. Also that's like saying Saitama would only be able to scratch a character that's At least Planet level, because he's possibly At least Planet level himself.

Erza won't be breaking anything she can't touch. Also, Gaara has a sand armor under his skin. I thought I mentioned this already. And why can't Gaara do anything to her when he has superior range and the ability to make decoys? Possibly City level is not far off from At least City level at all. I only really entertained Erza winning because I assumed they had the same range. Now that I know Gaara's is much more superior, I don't see why he can't take it.

I know. You already said this, I think.

No problem.

First Saitama is likely much higher since he beat a planet lvl while barely trying.

Second all those things like superior range and possibly city lvl only with enough sand which means a large battlefield with sand not his own if you watch the video i posted before about his weakness you will se how much range and sand he has not to mention Erza took down Laxus's thunder palace which was way above magnolia while standing on ground so their range in that case is pretty much the same not to mention since Gaara'a defence is only likely city lvl and likely means not confirmed at least probably even stronger.

But anyway i see your point and disscusing any further would be just spam i anyway stick with Erza since she can break trough his defence and gradually get closer to a minimum of range necessary and not to mention she can throw dozens of blades at him at the same time and of course a huge variety of attacks in confront to Gaara.

So i stick with Erza.

I'm voting Erza for these reasons:

1. Erza is an expert in both close range and long range fighting. Now Gaara may outrange her, but she can close the gap since she can dish out more simultaneous attacks than Gaara. Also Gaara tends to stay very stationary when battling.

2. Flight. Yes, I know Gaara can fly also but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Since Erza can fly, Gaara's sand will have a harder time catching her since it will have to rise from the ground up (or from his gourd). If Gaara makes the sand levitate all the time, he'll exhaust his chakra reserver faster as he's not known for having large reservers and also since sand techniques require quite an amount of chakra.

3. Erza's Piercing Armor (namely her lance) will make it easier to pierce through Gaara's defenses. If she combines it with the Giant's Armor, increasing her throwing power, it makes it that much easier to get the job done.

4. When struck by lightning (which Erza has in her arsenal), sand will crystallize and turn into fulgurite (substance extremely similar to glass) and Gaara won't be able to control it anymore. Also since his Sand techniques are Earth-based they have a natural weakness to Lightning.

5. Erza went up against Ajeel, who could also control sand. She used her Neptune Sword to harden his sand and make it ineffective. Also she used her Wind God's Sword to blow the sand away.

6. Stat advantage. Erza is at least 7-B, while Gaara is possibly 7-B.

First off Gaara can makes clones that are intangible and can stretch, im not saying his sand clones are as strong as gaara himself but it has very high defence (made of sand) and can possibly be reformed if cut down soo honestly the clone itself is gonna challenge for erza

Next the fight with the clone will NOT be quick which leaves gaara time to plot and strategize and will possibly turn the tide of battle in gaara's favor

gaara will like devour her in sand with a giant sand tsunami which unless she is fast enough to dodge which is unlikely because gaara at this formwe all know the tsunami will be massive

A giant sand tsunami means a dessert battlefiled and since that is way to much of advantage it's not considered not to mention water slices trough sand and makes it heavy so Gaara wouldn't able to use it just like Ajeel couldn't attack Erza after she did and apparently wind is very useful too.

Okay. Still not seeing Erza defeating Gaara so easily. If he finds out that she can beat him in a few hits he's going to keep his distance and analyze the situation carefully and use his techniques and the location to his advantage. If she uses water on his sand, he won't be helpless or something because he can actually attack her from behind with a new wave of sand acquired from his surroundings.

If you feel Erza's range is higher than what it currently is, open a thread in the appropriate forum. Again, Standard Battle Assumptions takes care of this.

True. If we continue arguing, the thread will get clogged up.

Regardless, Gaara was able to use his sand to cover Suna. I don't think Erza can get rid of such a massive amount of sand at once. Meaning that Gaara can leave a clone in his place and catch Erza off guard after she thinks she's defeated him and incapacitate her by restricting her movements (I think his Golden Sand can do this too) or seal her with Magnet Release. Even Henge could create an opening as it has been shown to be effective in high level battles. Gaara was shown to be able to use his sand in multiple places simultaneously in The Last. So he would be able to defend and attack effectively. He could cover himself with multiple layers of sand (on top of his passive Absolute Defence) or cover himself with his circular shield and observe her with his third eye and attack Erza simultaneously with large amounts of sand from behind or the sides which would make it difficult for Erza to come closer. He could also do this with the aid of his clones and make multiple barrage(s?) of sand to attack Erza. And when she's busy dealing with his attacks, he could crush her legs from underneath (depends on situation but I wouldn't want that to happen). Though Erza is tenacious, it would still present a solid advantage for Gaara. And his clones can also transform into inanimate objects that can fit in with the surroundings to make an elaborate trap for Erza (though this sounds more like what Naruto would do).

Unfortunately like you said, Gaara's only City level with enough sand (I don't know why this is as Lee's at least City level for destroying half of a meteor while Gaara stopped several of them casually but okay) which means the battle has to take place in a desert like area. Okay, I don't see the problem here. He still has massive amounts of sand to use from surroundings and some in his gourd. Golden Sand was noted to be much heavier than normal sand which is why Rasa was able to deal with multiple assaults from Shukaku. And Gaara could use it. And it was in a far inferior version to the one being used here. Also again Gaara's not limited to sand. He has other abilities.

it's because he simply stop them from falling he couldn't destroy them or anything sure it's an impresive feat but since it's not confirmed as AP it's written only likely while Rock Lee quite casually actually blow half the meteor he would of taken out all of it probably but he has mistaken the point of impact on the other hand Gaara can use gold sand only if summons the gold sand for him but he doesn't have that abilty himself and yes Gaara might not be limited but it's nothing in confront to the number of attacks Erza has where some of those are Gaara's weakness like posiedon's sword which is a water weapon and since he was shown not able to use weat sand that only makes it more diffucult so i think Erza would get this high difficulty since Gaara has a certain advantage of range.

why is everyone limiting gaara, he will Never run out of sand, so saying he cant control wet sand or this sand will be destroyed or something is BS no matter the surrounding gaara can make more sand and honestly if the battle location is actually in the desert this is a stomp

I think Erza will win...she already defeated Ajeel and he and Gaara ARE a lot alike. Not only that, but Gaara can't dehydrate his foes like Ajeel could.

arguments can be made for both to win.

with the stuff erza has taken, i kinda doubt that regular sand coffin would be enough to crush even a defenceless erza.

if erza pulls out a piercing armor, then it could be something like gaara vs kimimaro.

erza has armor that counter sand - like sea empress and wind god. and erza could resist a massive sand burial with adamantine armor.

gaara could just bury erza deep underground, or seal her away like he did to the edo-tenseis.

Bury her underground yeah that won't work since she can repeal his sand and he needs a lot of sand for that and yeah sealing might as well be his possibility but he needs to be helped by someone since for sealing he needs to immobilize her for a certain period which could barely work since she can blow his sand away or make it worthless with water or actually to do something like deadly injury to Erza like it was done with edo-tenseis.

well, gaara is using sand in much higher density than ajeel's sandstorm, so its not exactly the same

much higher density? It's the same sand bro sandstorm is just a spell but he uses sand in general like from the ground or creates his own if you need to see it just read the manga.

Gold dust doesn't count since Gaara can manipulate it but not use it on his own that is he can't summon it.

ScarletFirefly said:
Ragazz said:
well, gaara is using sand in much higher density than ajeel's sandstorm, so its not exactly the same
Uhmm...Ajeel covered the whole Magnolia in sand
density is something different from AoE.

what would be harder? to bend a meter of steel using wind. or blow away a meter of sand with win? or twenty meters? i still bet on steel.

maybe that was a bad example, here is a better one, what has a bigger mass? 1. a sandstorm? 2. a desert of the exact same perimeter? same aoe, different mass = difference in density.

You do realize that since he can control that much sand from far away, his control in close range is even higher right? He can just gather that sand up in a small place and the density would be higher.

it doesnt matter what he COULD do, it matters what he and erza DID.

its like discussing what saitama could do...

He used sand against Makarov and Natsu and Erza and Lucy and gray all at once and mest as well you only saw Erza vs Ajeel apparently so you shouldn't judge instead go and see all of his battles.

i am not talking about what he could or can do, im talking about what he did with erza and what erza countered, those are the only things that apply to erza from ajeel.

as i said, both can win.

Lol it doesn't have sense to ignore his abilities just because against Erza he didn't use all of them and anyway it's obvious they can both win same speed, same AP,not that much difference in hax thou Erza can ignore durabilty as well.

Anyway is for you inconclusive than?

Erza has magic hax, but then again, Gaara's a freaking ninja whose job is to analyze his opponents and deceive them.

- The speed of Gaara's sand makes Erza's attacks completely futile. It blocked Amaterasu and even deflected the Raikage's attacks. Yeah, the girl can destroy a small island, but Gaara's sand has been through some serious shit so I don't see her getting through it. Add in Gaara's ninja skills, and she is NEVER touching him. I don't care how fast she is, if he sees it coming he'll just reposition himself.

- Erza has a stupid amount of durability. Seriously, this chick never dies. Unless Gaara seals her, she just simply isn't dying - not easily anyway. Add that durability with her armor - how the hell is Gaara supposed to kill her?

- Following the statement above, the characters in Naruto are pretty crafty. Maybe Gaara can make all of her armor useless by having his sand slip through the open gaps and spaces. ACTUALLY, He's stopped MADARA UCHIHA by having the sand go into his blood stream and stop his movements. Erza can't counter that.

I think my money's on Gaara. He has better versatility and the reason above. I had to go over his feats. Erza's attack power and speed are impressive, but that matters little when you can control your opponent's movements.

Gaara would win, mid to high difficulty.

GoldTempest said:
Erza has magic hax, but then again, Gaara's a freaking ninja whose job is to analyze his opponents and deceive them.
Erza is a far better strategical thinker then Gaara. She was able to see through Midnight's Reflector even though that magic is very hard to analyze. And yet she found 3 weaknesses to it immediately.

GoldTempest said:
- The speed of Gaara's sand makes Erza's attacks completely futile.
Speed is equalized. Case closed.
GoldTempest said:
- TFollowing the statement above, the characters in Naruto are pretty crafty. Maybe Gaara can make all of her armor useless by having his sand slip through the open gaps and spaces.
You do realize Erza is not a puppet right? She can easily dematerialize armor and materialize it right back.

GoldTempest said:
ACTUALLY, He's stopped MADARA UCHIHA by having the sand go into his blood stream and stop his movements. Erza can't counter that.
Is that why Madara wrecked both him and 4 other Kages to hell and back? Because if he was restricting his movements, he wouldn't be able to do that.

Back