• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Futuristic Badasses-Booster Gold vs Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now both are 8-C, looks like Cable cant pass the shields of Booster, and Booster cant pass the shields of Booster... But Cable have hacking and technopathy abilities, but in dont know in what level. Is likely cable can Hack Booster and just kill Booster, but i dont know. If he cant, inconclusive because nobody cant hurt the other.

Cropfist said:
Yeah, cable's hacking basically destroys goldie
After doing some research and watching a few videos for context, Booster Gold actually does take this. I particularly want to use this [[1]] (the one by webcam parrot) video as my current standing for why Booster Gold would be able to win and counter the majority of Cabel's hacks, while I locate the proper scans.

Cable mindhaxes (Low 1-C mindhax vs. Planetary), transmutes, tk-crush, teleports away from that bullshit forcefield crush, and does literally anything.

It comes from him being comparable to other Omega-Level Telepaths, who are superior to Moondragon and Co, which are = to Umar, Low 1-Cs.

Zark2099 said:
Cable mindhaxes (Low 1-C mindhax vs. Planetary), transmutes, tk-crush, teleports away from that bullshit forcefield crush, and does literally anything.
Low 1-C? Can you provide a scan and take into account that this is base cable we're talking about, since his full potential is listed as 4-B after freeing/keeping at bay the techno organic virus's effects. Also Booster Gold's forcefield pretty much counteracts the majority of what Cable can do to him at his base.

He has shown a decent level of telepathic resistance without his forcefields

Screenshot 2020-04-23 at 1.12.29 AM

Although being obscure, Mindancer used 900 men's minds to bolster her telepathic attacks, which Booster survived.

https://i.imgur.com/TFhfH53.jpg

Resisted a telepathic attack from Maxwell Lord, who managed to take over Superman when he had access to Torquasm-Rao and Vo, which makes him spiritually and mentally as strong or even stronger as he is on the physical plane.

His forcefield was shown to protect him from planetary to solar system level attacks, from the likes of Trigo , Sinestro , Supernova (who hits with the force of a white dwarf star) and many more . He also apparentlysurvived the universe changing effects of Flashpoint , which changed and altered reality.

Also Booster has access to Skeets as his optional equipment, which can do this (12:57 is where his abiltiies start). Note also that Cable needs to physically hit Skeets to actually hack him, which can be troublesome since Skeets (post upgrade) has been shown to keep up with Booster Gold. Booster Gold was able to outfly a blood lusted Martian Manhunter (Never take his Oreos tbh), dodge gunfire/laser beams and evidentally attacks from Sinestro, and reacted to attacks from Lightweaver and Rainbow Raider.

On the profile itself, his full potential has moreso to do with his Telekinetic capabilities, he can't do Phoenix Force level stuff expansively. His base can straight up ignore Emma Frost and overpower Psi-Shields, something Professor X can't even do.

How does Booster Gold's forcefield counteract any of what I said? Because poorly researched Death Battles said it?

Low 1-C, doesn't matter how many he survives.

My listed abilities bypass the forcefields, thanks for reminding me stuff already on the profile.

Nothing states Cable needs to touch him to hack him, and speed Equalized.

Torquasm Rao is a physical martial art that allows them to basically enter an Ultra Instinct-type state, which happens to defend them from psychic attacks as well. Torquasm Vo is a purely mental martial art that allows two practitioners, or a practitioner and a telepath, to take their battle to a mental plane, waging psychic warfare against one another. Although not being a full summary, this is a brief rundown on what these forms of mental martial arts are. So Superman with these two mental forms of martial arts was stated to be too powerful for Dominus (A lord of Chaos) to mentally attack him.

3B4844A1-7421-4DCF-86A2-4AA9D841026B

Also he evidentially resisted the mental attacks of the Eradictor while he also used this (Which he dominated while he was doing said mental martial arts and amped. Here's some scans and feats of what these martial arts can actually do on the mental plane [1]

I'm telling you this, since Maxwell Lord (who received an amp from Dreamslayer) managed to dominate and break beyond repair the mind of Superman.

https://m.imgur.com/63cBu9U?r His Amp way back when post crisis started

https://m.imgur.com/a/QExum

Surprisingly not even post crisis Martian Manhunter can fix his mind. You know Martian Manhunter, a being that did similar if not even more impressive feats that Emma Frost when it comes to telepathy. Also him and Maxwell (who once again was amped) evidentially did battle during the story where I got the booster gold scan of him resisting Maxwell's telepathy.

https://m.imgur.com/a/ThkB8

You gotta love time travel shenanigans like these, especially the ones that would've become cannon if Booster Gold wasn't competent enough to fix the timeline he changed. Anyways though, I'm also gonna need some help from you @Zark and @Captain Cryptid, because Cable evidentially has had some major power fluctuations from what I've gathered.

-1990-1995: Cable almost never used powers in his early appearances, and on the rare instances he did, he was fairly limited. The comics later revealed this was because Cable was infected with a TO Virus; Cable had to constantly use his Tk to keep the virus from spreading and killing him and he could spare very little of his powers elsewhere. -1995-2003: Cable's powers eventually began to grow, particularly once the comics fully established he was the son of Scott and Jean Grey (or at least her genetic template). Barring some ups and downs, he began to use his powers increasingly often and to greater effect. -2003-2007: Cable achieved his highest levels of power and became a globe-changing force wielding incredible psionic power (sometimes fans call him Omega or Savior Cable). However, Cable's body was unable to sustain such power for very long and his powers burned out. He was able to approximate his high-level psionic abilities with technology for some time, but he eventually lost that as well. -2007-2012: After Cable's powers burned out, he could barely use them; it was even dangerous to do so because of the TO virus had returned. This might be Cable's weakest period. He was often in poor health and had few resources as he traveled the future with Hope. -2012-2015: In 2012, Hope cured Cable of the TO virus, but his powers remained stunted. Cable began using cybernetic arms and an eye and had significant technological resources. During this time, Cable developed premonitions about future disasters. Such visions struck him randomly, but were very precise. -2015-onwards: Aside from some flashes of telekinesis and telepathy in 2015-2016's Uncanny Avengers, Cable is back to almost exclusively using future tech in his fights. In his current solo series Cable that began in May 2017, he barely shows any psionic powers but often uses weapons, teleporting, and time travel to achieve his goals.

All of these summaries where taken from the respect thread on his profile, so you're gonna have to confirm which 9-A (Can we get that changed to 8-C btw) version of Cable we'll be using. Im assuming we'll be using Cable before he had his amp, since after that cable wouldn't really stand a chance to be honest.

Also he does need to make physical contact to hack, which is shown under his hacking abilities on his profile, and on the numerous scans provided below.

https://m.imgur.com/a/maoppLw

Furthermore don't assume that I'm a death battle fanboy, since I'm defending a guy who has shown pretty impressive feats when it comes to this match up.

Also like I previously stated, he managed to resist the universal and mind altering event known as flashpoint with all of his memories, and even survived being shot through the time stream, which can cause molecular destruction and at times existence erasure (if one doesn't have the proper connection to the speed force/hyper time [I'm sort of confused on what's the difference between the two]), as seen when Tim Drake (Possible future) was violently thtough the time stream when he sacrificed himself..

https://***************.to/Comic/Booster-Gold-2007/Issue-47?id=36585#17

https://***************.to/Comic/Super-Sons-of-Tomorrow/TPB?id=143908

Also for your transmutation hax, Booster's forcefield managed to resist a direct blast from Trigon death stare (Magic/Demonic in nature), which (even if it is lowballed) has shown to be able to atomically destroy/disentigrate and or transmute individuals/planets.

https://m.imgur.com/YYhQltm?r

https://imgur.com/a/gRZOtOv

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11115/111154974/4580659-4.jpg

Jesus Christ the textwall describing next to nothing...

The tiers matter, whatever Superman has isn't Low 1-C, Cable is. If Martian Manhunter has Low 1-C or higher mindhax, then please link appropriate scans. The end.

Mate the fluctuations is something literally every comic character ever goes through, extremely insane ones too, his full power is literally not attainable, all feats are his base feats, vaguely amped at full power.

His full power doesn't exist, except for instances like, a single fight. All his abilities, are base abilities. There is no separation of power, because if there was, he'd be a corpse.

We don't list his peak omega telepath stuff, it's kinda brief and barely relevant to his history. No feats listed come from that era.

Flashpoint is Reality Warping, not mindhax, false equivalence.

His transmutation isn't beam based mate, it's literally transmuting matter, Booster doesn't resist shit that doesn't even need to go through his shield

Also I'm not doing eras, unless you want to start this trend, by which I'll use debut Booster.

The "fluctuations" just because a single writer uses them, doesn't make it relevant at all in other places, these are trivial at best

I'm still trying to understand where you're getting this 1-C telepathic feat tbh. I checked moon dragon's wiki and respect thread which doesn't show any near 1-C based telepathic feats.

Lol you stated that cable can just transmutation him in your previous argument, which I literally just proved cannot he done since Trigon's blasts couldn't puncture his shield

Here's a scan of Martian Manhunter

Overrides the Wologog, a universal artifact to control J'emm (another Martian) and makes him beat up Lex Luthor

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/Jimscomic110.jpg

Him scanning multiple different realities telepathically to locate the flash http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2651979-3.png

Ignoring "This is Marvel" as despite it being valid I feel it a cop out.

What other feats does Cable have outside of that, I find it hard to believe he has higher telepathy then proffessor X

Moondragon stalemates Strange who mindhaxes Umar, Low 1-C

And you showed a beam, when Cable's matterhax don't require... a beam. It's like saying "My shield can block you exploding my heart". His matterhax work through the shield because Booster... can't stop something not protected by his shield. You're NLFing hard and presuming base Booster has everything his shield does.

So 2-C? Mindhax for Martian Manhunter. Btw these are all Post-Crisis scans, right?

Also please provide evidence as to how Cable scans to this? If my memory of the recent omega level mutant that were confirmed by powers of X, Cable isn't considered one anymore. This would relegate him To now scaling lower than moon dragon

Schnee One said:
Ignoring "This is Marvel" as despite it being valid I feel it a cop out.

What other feats does Cable have outside of that, I find it hard to believe he has higher telepathy then proffessor X
"This is Marvel" doesn't extend to literal feats.

"I find it hard to believe he has higher telepathy than Professor X" bruh, his entire point is that he's the best telepwth in existence.

He can completely shut off Emma Frost and overpower the **** out of multiple Psi-Shields, something barely any other telepaths can, especially multiple.

Yes but he was nerfed after he let out his full potential, which you aren't seeming to grasp. After his whole full potential thing, Cable became significantly more weaker compared to that of his pre full potential state.

I will repeat, he's nerfed in the sense he can't spam it, he's not nerfed in their capabilities.

Not necessarily, omega telepaths have admittedly higher Telepathy than Strange and co. and the resistances translate

The majority of those showings that you provided were before he was nerfed. As it stands, you have nothing to prove that he is still able to use these abilities to his fullest. Also may I add that after Cable realized his telepathic/telekinetic abilities were weakened, he decided to rely on more advanced cybernetic arms and an eye and had significant technological resources. In addition, he is also noted to require outside technological help to bolster his telepathic/telekinetic abilities to its highest level.

Currently (before he was offed by his younger self) Cable was considered at most an alpha level mutant. He couldn't use his abilities to there fullest without outside technological help. In addition he lost his techno organic virus thanks to hope, which takes away his hacking abilities. Furthermore before his death, the most noteworthy thing he was able to receive with his telepathic abilities were future premonitions, which came at random. Everything I've stated came from part of Cable's respect thread's guide of his powers, which was provide by the author of the thread I believe.

Then is that not their lack of resistance rather than upscaling for him? it also seems odd that cable is the greatest telepath when he is specifically below nate, jean, etc.

Scans of him being explicitly depowered so his Telepathic and Telekinetic abilities specifically are lessened, and scans of him requiring technological support to access his TK and TP. Provide me them please?

You're stating splitting keys revisions here, so lemme check these scans.

Also yeah scans of him losing TO virus

@Cropfist it's moreso that his strength isn't able to be used fully all the time that puts him out of the running against Jean. Nate is wayyyyyy the **** different story lol, I don't think 616 Marvel considers him in the scaling as a factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back