• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Future Warrior 2's Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I'm gonna cut straight to the point.

In game, this acts as a revival when your HP hits 0, rather than regen throughout (like what happens when you're Namekian iirc). It's resurrection, not Regenerationn (albeit one that works on a Mid-Godly scale, as it's derived from Zamasu), and it's a one-time use.

I think they are getting it from the story mode when Zamasu returned after Zeno erased him.

Yes, but apparently, FW is granted the same immortality as Zamasu with this skill...or something.

PaChi2 said:
Game mechanics. You cant be inmortal in gameplay.
Problem is, it doesn't even act like Regenerationn from characters who ca regenerate in the game.

Problem is, it doesn't even act like Regenerationn from characters who ca regenerate in the game.

Are you suggesting it should act strictly like Future Zamasu and the player regenerate so fast that the damage is nonexistent?

Honestly, idk about the game since I don't play it but is there any specific good reason why Zamasu surviving at all wouldnt just be outlierish or something given Zen'o's position.

Why would it not be considered regen like we do for every other series? Why make this example of regen an outlier?

Outlier? Never claimed it to be an outlier. XV Zamasu does get the regen (if he had a page). F Warrior apparently just gets an aspect, as he only resurrects, when even Namekians and Majins regenerate throughout battle in the game. I'm just reclassifying it, rather than getting rid of it. Also, hax can't really be an outlier.

I hope that didn't sound mean...

I was responding to Kukui.

Dude, this is literally gameplay vs story reasoning for abilities. Nothing implies it's just an aspect at all. This is just like your Pandora Dialogue example from ye old days of AncientWisemon vs Darkseid.

Joseph619 said:
How did it get approved if it's game mechanic? I agree with OP
It's not....From what I understand, he is granted the same immortality as Zamasu, who despite getting erased by Zeno, still came back moments later. We are talking about the in story portrayals of Zamasu's immortality, not the in gameplay version.

Story wise i suppose Zamasu should have granted his Regenerationn that made him regen from Zen'o attack to the Future Warrior, what shown in game is the game mechanic version of the ability.

Joseph619 said:
How did it get approved if it's game mechanic? I agree with OP
The game mechanics part is how you are only capable of comming back once when you are supposed to possess Zamasu's immortality.

I didn't play the game, so excuse my ignornace. How do we know FW has the same regen as Zamasu? Did he absorb Zamasu, copy all of Zamasu's powers or something or was there a statement?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I was responding to Kukui.

Dude, this is literally gameplay vs story reasoning for abilities. Nothing implies it's just an aspect at all. This is just like your Pandora Dialogue example from ye old days of AncientWisemon vs Darkseid.
Why'd you have to go there, man? ;_; ovo

PaChi2 said:
The game mechanics part is how you are only capable of comming back once when you are supposed to possess Zamasu's immortality.
Sorry bro not understanding what you said :/

Joseph619 said:
I didn't play the game, so excuse my ignornace. How do we know FW has the same regen as Zamasu? Did he absorb Zamasu, copy all of Zamasu's powers or something or was there a statement?
he is given Zamasu's Z-Soul, which contain's one of Zamasu's powers, in this case, immortality.

It's not....From what I understand, he is granted the same immortality as Zamasu, who despite getting erased by Zeno, still came back moments later. We are talking about the in story portrayals of Zamasu's immortality, not the in gameplay version.

This is complete nitpicking (I watch too much CinemaSins ovo), but if we really want to analyze it, nothing says he really got Zamasu's immortality. He got a skill that pertains to it, but we don't have confirmation that every aspect Zamasu's immortality was passed down in that Z-Soul. For all we know, that Z-Soul could just be something gained from the immortality rather than the culmination of it.

Joseph619 said:
Because, the immortality he obtains for Zamasu is the same immortality that Zamasu has that allowed him to return from being erased. That's my understanding anyway.

The real cal howard said:
This is complete nitpicking (I watch too much CinemaSins ovo), but if we really want to analyze it, nothing says he really got Zamasu's immortality. He got a skill that pertains to it, but we don't have confirmation that every aspect Zamasu's immortality was passed down in that Z-Soul. For all we know, that Z-Soul could just be something gained from the immortality rather than the culmination of it.
That is really complete nitpicking, seeing as the only way he would have gotten it, it had to be Zamasu's Immortality. Nothing else of the sort has ever been implied.

Hmm, I don't think I should comment here further since this requires more context than simple overviewing. No wonder it's stretched so long

The real cal howard said:
This thread isn't about invalidating it, rather than reclassifying it.
If we take gameplay so strictly, Dialga's only time manipulation becomes Time Roar, Palkia can only use Spatial Rend and Arceus is literally haxless. You know that's wrong.

To specify. It was agreed mid-godly based on the story element showing from Zamasu. So would be treated the exact same as Zamasu's is depicted. It is confirmed you have Zamasus personal super soul and immortality ability, the exact same one he also posses. Also even in gameplay it allows you to come back from KO endlessly fyi, its only limit is if all your team is knocked out you can lose due to balance, but you never actually die or have a limit to the amount of times you can revive, not just once like was said, not that that matters as that is game mechanics and it comes from story. So it is certainly classified properly even going by that imo.

I think that what cal means is that it allows you to come back, but it's more like self resurrection.

Like, if you atomize FW he does die but resurrect right after instead of pulling himself back atom by atom.

Xenoverse Infinite Zamasu did not regenerated and reappeared from Zen'o erasure, it appeared like as he resurrected from that event in his base state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back