• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Funny scaling for MCU Characters

MCU characters are scaled to High 6B from Thor tanking an energy beam but strangely instead of getting the full AP of the durability feat, the surface area of his body has been calculated (that too from Chris Hemsworth's body's surface area) and it has been calculated how much of the beam made contact with his body and he has got durability from that.

This is very strange. I have not seen this done for any other character or verse in the wiki. If this were done many characters would go down several tiers especially Dragonball characters who get virtually all of their durability feats from tanking beams much larger than themself.

I think all MCU High 6B characters should be bumped up to 4B from Thor tanking what seems to be a gamma ray burst- https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/GRB_080916C

DB characters scales to these feats because most of the time, the feat is done by a certain character's power, instead of coming from an external source like a star blowing up.

The Calaca said:
DB characters scales to these feats because most of the time, the feat is done by a certain character's power, instead of coming from an external source like a star blowing up.
Still the logic is the same.

Nope because their feats comes from destroying stuff, not from tanking energy coming from a source that it's not a character deliberately flexing their power.

The most similar case to what you say I can think about is Goku tanking Piccolo's explosion in the 23rd Tournament. He tanked the attack and of course the surface area would reduce the yield he'd tank, but Goku scales directly to the feat for harming Piccolo who performed the feat.

VS Battles Wiki usually ignores that, since fiction tends to do so too (apparently). In this case I think it might be best to just take the total energy the star put out and upgrade Thor's durability accordingly.

Obviously IRL that wouldn't be accurate, but if we're being consistent with the rules we have in place...

We usiully try to take area depending on distance into account. This is no different in that regard.

Back