• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Because as I said, Raphael knows there's nothing Fu can do to kill Rimuru but incap him. What I said there is explaining Raphael's personality just to give you the bigger picture and she knows it very well that Rimuru's existence is not in danger when facing her. The incap thing is already solved via Raphael
Already answered above about....4(?), maybe 5 times.

Already answered above about....4(?), maybe 5 times.
If your talking about this:
Nothing is happening to Rimuru though. That's the whole point. Something will happen to rimuru if Raphael decides to act though.

You can quite literally find this same explanation/argument like 5 times in this thread. Just sayin.
Because I already answered it. There is something happening to Rimuru due to desperado and I fail to see nothing happening to him. Like the moment Rimuru act to challenge Fu, the fate thing triggers showing Rimuru the truth of its death. Btw, I don't see the truth of its death happening because is impossible to achieve, naming one scenario on how Rimuru dies is impossible due to his physiology which are his regeneration, resistances, abilities, etc. It's nlf to assume that it will work, but let's say Rimuru does get incapped, Raphael is there.

I don't really see a scenario where you think Fu will win sorry. I just failed to see it

Well I'll just find it tomorrow (or more depending on my schedule) since I'm gonna sleep now.

It would help quoting it since I've arrived late into the discussion and only looked the arguments present after I've joined

Correct me, if I wrong, I guess Earl's counterpoint is that Rapheal won't be able to see a future where Rimuru doesn't die from the fate manipulation so it would hesitate in its decision to protect Rimuru.

My view is that even in this case Raphael will still try to win to do something as I said earlier. In character, it makes less than Raphael would literally do nothing at all. I still think Raphael would try to fight to Rimuru's wish and win the fight; there is precedence that Raphael still tries to follow Rimuru's wishes in the series when Rimuru is out of commission.

I still think Raphael would try to fight to Rimuru's wish and win the fight; there is precedence that Raphael still tries to follow Rimuru's wishes in the series when Rimuru is out of commission.
Rimuru won't be out of commission though. If it's gonna follow Rimuru's wish it's not gonna fight. Cus Rimuru will not want to fight someone who will instantly kill him.

If it's gonna follow Rimuru's wish it's not gonna fight. Cus Rimuru will not want to fight someone who will instantly kill him.
  • Since near the end of his first key, Rimuru is willing to fight anyone that could kill him; even he can't defeat them, Rimuru is willing to try to do lasting damage to his opponents. So, I think this point is a poor counterpoint to say Rimuru will not fight someone that can kill him instantly or not.
  • If Rimuru was like a standard MC with no elaboration on his death mindset in battle, I would have been more willing to agree on the point.

I've explained so many times i've lost count by now. "could" die and "will" die are 2 different things.
The difference doesn't matter much, in this case; in short, Rimuru is willing to fight even if he could or will die. Raphael is highly likely to respect his wish, on the matter.
Edit: Sorry for the confusion, I should have included the "will" die case earlier.

Last edited:
The difference doesn't matter much, in this case; in short, Rimuru is willing to fight even if he could or will die.
When though? There is almost never a case where death is guaranteed against an opponent. And most ppl with the protag mindset would just say "as long as the possibility exist i will pull it off etc etc". I would need to see a case where Rimuru goes in a fight that meant certain death.

It is just a mindset thing that Rimuru acquired needs the end of his key.

The case I know where it is largely implied is Rimuru's fight against the Empire since he got Great Sage that can make accurate predictions in all battles from its abilities; the Empire has multiple characters way stronger and many other comparable to him. It was pointed out, Rimuru still fought even though he was scared.

I think I bring some scans later.

I will be honest, I am somewhat confused by the point. Is the question, in essence, Rimuru or Raphael will not fight at all if Rimuru is scared because I notice this fight doesn't have the SBA condition? The answer is like no. Rimuru has a high resistance to fear anyway if we treated the fear as just being from an ability.

If this fight has SBA, I think the "scare" point likely won't matter.

Last edited:
That is severely off context.

1. He wasn't scared of dying in a fight not that he'd willingly throw his life away for no reason cus why not. Knowing an ability can kill you and knowing that you will definitely die in a fight are different things as i said.
2. He was worried about his friends, again altruism, not crackhead energy.
3. He knew he wouldn't die from it from what Raphael told him.

That is severely off context.

1. He wasn't scared of dying in a fight not that he'd willingly throw his life away for no reason cus why not. Knowing an ability can kill you and knowing that you will definitely die in a fight are different things as i said.
2. He was worried about his friends, again altruism, not crackhead energy.
3. He knew he wouldn't die from it from what Raphael told him.
What do you mean severely off context, that's the full scene.

No, he literally says he is not afraid of dying. He knows he's in a fight when he senses her intent, and then the death images go in. He is not afraid to die.

Are his friends in this match or something...?

You're actually making up stuff that isn't there, because Raphael told him about her Holy-barrier, he analyzed Greedy One. Death Wish was a Unique Skill, Rimuru has an Ultimate Skill, and as such, lower skills (the former) won't work on him.

So yeah, he is not afraid of dying, so I still keep my vote for Rimuru.

Yes, doesn't mean he's just gonna throw his life away for no reason.

Precisely they aren't. Which is why he won't really have a reason to die.
Hold on, hold, hold. So, do these images of death exist or not? Yes, or no? Similarly, if yes, I want you to give scans, because now I'm rather skeptical on this whole "true vision of death thing".

Precisely they aren't. Which is why he won't really have a reason to die.
I have literally no idea what you are talking about. He had no fear of dying because he had already died before, he was only scared of his friends dying from that attack because he knew they couldn't survive it like he could.

Hold on, hold, hold. So, do these images of death exist or not? Yes, or no? Similarly, if yes, I want you to give scans, because now I'm rather skeptical on this whole "true vision of death thing".
They are real futures. They are the future that will materialize if you challenge a desperado. However they will not materialize unless you challenge the desperado. It's basically Alternate Future Display.

Why this thread is still going on?.
Fu can't harm Rimuru due to High-Godly, and also, Rim would just need to use Death manipulation on her. This is a stomp.

Last edited:
Thanks. Alright, so now that we've established Rimuru had no fear of dying, and his only fear was his friend's dying (which they aren't here), I see no reason why it doesn't end here.
As i said though, not being scared of death doesn't mean he'd throw his life away. He has no reason to initate the fight.

Yeah. But i don't get the whole "fight starts". Why would the fight start? I feel like we skipped a buncha steps. How did Rimuru get over the fear of death?

Okay, in the end, the points look to be: will Rimuru still fight even he knows he will lose or would lose?
Note that the fatehax can't kill Rimuru so the "will" instance is false, in this case.
The evidence in the Light Novel points to yes, overall. We already have evidence that Raphael will follow Rimuru's wishes, also.

Earl, you look to be the only one who thinks Rimuru will not take action because of fear of death; I am specifically talking about his personality. I don't think the counterarguments were fully debunked on this point. At this point, I would say leave the points to being voted by the others where the consensus will be based on the stronger arguments.

Last edited:
Do you not get my point though?

He is not scared of dying, not he wants to die. He realizes that he will die if he starts the fight. Why would he start that fight? Not being scared to die would apply if there was any reason to pick up the fight in the first place.

Him picking up the fight means he is throwing his life away? Why would he do that? He is not in a scenario where death is unavoidable, so why would he put himself in that situation?

Earl, you look to be the only one who thinks Rimuru will not take action
I don't "think" though, i argue.

Back