• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FTL Final Fantasy XIII?

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
So at the end of Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns, Bhunivelze is seen flying out of one of these while Hope and Lightning attempt to fight him off.

Is this a Black Hole? If so, then we have FTL Final Fantasy XIII characters.

For further explanation.

This is what Bhunivelze rises out of during the ending, and if one looks closely, they can see a planet being pulled into it as it's being created, and at around 28:40, it starts absorbing the rest of the universe.

It looks fine to me, regardless.

It almost assuredly is, to some degree or another. I may attempt some calcs sometime to try to divine an exact value.

An important thing to note is that Bhunivelze emerging from the black hole is not necessarily an outlier, since Bhunivelze is Low 2-C and therefor would not be hurt by it at all.

Hmmm... Seems more like a wormhole to me or something. Would also make sense if the guy basically uses it to appear in that place.

There is the whole talk about God (I will assume that is the guy they are fighting) falling into the unseen realm and when they are in the black hole there also seems some kind of world or at least there is stuff in there that doesn't belong in a black hole.

MFTL+ Universe absorption also doesn't particular scream real black hole and there also extents this one big explosion from it if I see it correctly.

DontTalk said:
Hmmm... Seems more like a wormhole to me or something. Would also make sense if the guy basically uses it to appear in that place.
There is the whole talk about God (I will assume that is the guy they are fighting) falling into the unseen realm and when they are in the black hole there also seems some kind of world or at least there is stuff in there that doesn't belong in a black hole.

MFTL+ Universe absorption also doesn't particular scream real black hole and there also extents this one big explosion from it if I see it correctly.
But would this be quantifiable in any way for combat speed? I mean it sucked in a planet at high speed and the heroes eventually escape its pull as it sucks the whole universe in.

I don't see how this would rate to their combat speed? Most likely travel speed. Also, was he the only one who was ejected out of the wormhole? If so then I agree with the upgrade. If not, I disagree with it as, if I'm not mistaken, one mouth takes in matter and it's ejected from the other at speeds FTL. If they were all sent flying from it, it's possible they were ejected with enough force to overcome the gravitational pull.

@TheMightyRegulator

Only Bhunivelze flew out of the wormhole, the team fought well within range of it (after teleporting/flying close to it) and later flew out of range.

If we don't interpret it as black hole (which I wouldn't as explained above) I would not rank them as FTL because of it. Wormhole physics is largely unknown, there are different types of wormholes and with the possibilities that fictional characters have they can work very different. In general wormholes that can be passed through by both ends can in theory exist btw., but they are just instabile if certain exotic matter isn't used to stabilze them. For a character that just opens them by spacetime stuff they are easily possible though.

Resisting the pull of the rest of the universe being drawn into it is no speed feat, as resisting the pull of something generally isn't.

So, I guess I am opposed to the change for now.

Lightning reacted to Bhunivelze's Hypernova attack iirc, I've never heard of anyone trying to make a black hole argument

There's not enough proof of this being a black hole unless it specifically acts like one. Check to see who reacted to Hypernova and how fast it propogates and you'd get a more concrete and acceptable figure

Back