• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Krueger VS Evil Ernie

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Now that Freddy's been updated, this one looks good on paper. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Vote Count
Freddy Krueger: 1 (Promestein)

Evil Ernie: 0

Inconclusive: 1 (Fhfhghghg)

Rules

• Necronomicon Freddy
  • Battle takes place in Washington D.C. (after Ernie's invasion of it)
  • The combatants start off 50 yards away.
  • Winner by any means necessary.
Give proper reasoning.

I think Freddy has the hax advantage with stuff like Soul Absorption, Sealing, BFR, and Transmutation, and he can get a numbers advantage by summoning more demons. Maybe he can't kill Ernie, but he can probably just get rid of him.

I'll count that for now.

For the sake of debate, does he have anything against mindhax? Ernie has some fairly solid feats in that area, and is more likely to use his telepathic powers on an undead person (which he would see Freddy as being, especially appearance-wise) than a living one.

A good point. I don't think Freddy has an mind hax resistance so Ernie could certainly take him down with that, probably

Well, there's a chance that might be one of his first moves. I say "chance" because his record is spotty (in some comics he attempts to control undead opponents the moment he sees them, whereas in other comics he just beats the shit out of them), but said chance is definitely there.

I also set this in Washington, D.C. post-invasion because that gives him access to his Dead Onez. (He usually makes them travel with him anyway, but whatever) They're not quite as strong or durable as Evil himself, but he can control a lot of them at once and they can hijack vehicles. I'm capping the number at like a thousand or so though, because giving him all 95 million+ Deads would be massively unfair.

He's the Necronomicon, a powerful book that is practically immune to demonic forces to the point where Ruby has to use a Dagger to hurt it. No one in the series has mind haxed it and likely never will, it's a book of vast power created by a Dark One, it's also practically indestructible, so i'd say he can't be mind haxed.

Edit: I need to mention this, the book is sentient.

Power nullification won't work on Ernie, he isn't some demon that Freddy can steal, he's an undead amped archane energy by Smiley. It's also the same reason why i'm pretty damn sure necromancy would do nothing, also due to his MC resistance. Also, correct me if i'm wrong on this, but Ernie doesn't have a soul, his soul was departed from his body when he died, and only the evil part of ernie exists within him, so soul manip wouldn't work. And even if i did get that wrong, he still has to kill his victim to take a soul, or take an already disembodied soul.

Sealing probably would work, as would transmutation.

I haven't read enough of Ernie's comics to know about the fate manip part, so i'm not sure what kind of advantage it'd give him.

Right now i will go for inconclusive since they couldn't really beat each other in a fight.

I'll count that'd as a vote for now.

The only thing notable that Ernie did with his fate manipulation (aside from unconsciously causing real-life events to happen through his drawings as a child) was lead one of his more important undead minions through a spot that was being bombarded, saying something along the lines of "Stick close. They won't hurt us. I know [what we're doing] is what's meant to be.". He never really used it offensively during the original Chaos Comics run on his character.

I don't remember if the part about Ernie's soul is true or not. May have to check up on that.

Should being made of the Necronomicon really grant resistance to mindhax on Ernie's caliber, though? Ernie's control sits in the millions in terms of how many beings it can affect at once, and I'm not sure if anyone or anything else in Freddy's verse has telepathy that strong.

Ok.

Alright.

Well, these are Demons with vast vast power. Plus Freddy himself can also do that, so i'm sure he'd be extremely resistance, as long as it's protecting him.

Back