• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Freddy Krueger VS Randall Flagg

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
In the wake of Freddy getting the shit kicked out of him by Pennywise, I began to wonder whether or not he would fare any better against Stephen King's other prominent villain character. (No, not that one.) After mulling it over, I've decided to make a match out of it. Because why not?

Speed is equalized. Battle takes place in Freddy's Dream World. Winner by death or incapacitation.

Votes with one-dimensional reasoning will not be counted.

Freddy Krueger: 0

Randall Flagg: 0

Inconclusive: 4 (Aeyu, Zensum, KinkiestSins, DMUA)

Ouch. I mean, this all depends on whether Freddy's Reality Warping, Dura Negation and Soul Manip can affect Flagg. Although, Flagg's magic might outclass Freddy.

I'm going with inconclusive to remain safe.

I'll count that for the moment.

Just as a reminder though, Flagg does have experience manifesting powers in realms similar to Freddy's Dream World. That's what the dimension of Maerlyn's Grapefruit was. He even made Roland's gun disappear with a thought. (Which is something he can't normally do)

He also has dream manipulation anyway (seeing as he was freely abusing it in The Stand), so even then, Flagg isn't exactly out of his element.

Well, to be fair, Maerlyn's grapefruit possesses a sleuth of higher dimensions, but I don't think that's what you're referring to...

And well doesn't that just make inconclusive sound even more correct?

I'm not averse to changing my vote, I just want to know if Freddy's hax are anywhere near on the level of Flagg's.

Well, from what I recall of his movies:

• He has transmutation (of people and objects), but it's reliant on whether or not he can perceive his opponent's fears with his mind-reading. There are implications that Flagg has protection/defenses against telepathy and mindhax, so that may be a non-factor here. That reminds me, I need to make a CRT for that.
  • He can change his own durability, though to what degree is something I don't know. His main display of this was when made himself bulletproof once.
  • He has telekinesis that he really likes to use, and has a nasty habit of sticking people to walls/ceilings with it.
  • He can transform into whatever he wants, though again, I believe this is reliant on him having access to his opponent's fears.
  • Almost positive he can change the Dream World into whatever location he wants.
  • He can set up time loops. (This is almost never his first instinct in-character, though...)
  • He can cause chained hooks to appear in his victims' skin and control them like a puppet afterwards. (They are still mentally aware while this is going on.)
There's probably more, but I can't remember right now. That should cover the bulk of what he does in-character, at any rate.

Oh, and he can turn parts of himself invisible. I say "parts of himself" because we only ever see him do so with his hand/glove. He may be able to do so with his whole body, but there hasn't been a film where he did.

I think ill say inconclusive aswell. Freddy seems to have full control of his dream world but I dont think he faced anyone there with dream manipualtion aswell so killing Flagg will be hard for him. Depending on how effective it is ofc. Since thats were most of Fredys power is could it be a stretch to say randall could escape with his hax?

It...depends. Flagg does have the ability to travel between universes and through time, but we're never shown how he does it, or how long it takes him to do so. He may be able to come and go the way he did with the dimension he and Roland were in during The Long Road Home, but I'm not entirely sure.

That said, he can read minds (which Freddy hasn't shown the ability to stop anyone from doing), so if there's any means of making his way into reality without using whatever multiversal travel methods he has, that could be a way to figure it out.

The thing about this match is that Flagg has more hax abilities, but Freddy has extremely potent ones. Hence why I felt it was an even enough match to make.

Gotcha is weird cause dream manip is different from being in alternate dimmension or different universe I guess.

I mean, it's possible for someone other than Freddy to manipulate dream-based powers in his Dream World. We see it happen in Elm Street 3. Flagg might not necessarily be able to leave, but he won't be defenseless or anything.

Here at the last minute for inconclusive for reasons above.

So, in light of the new stuff I found and posted in Flagg's CRT, I realized that the "dimension" inside the Grapefruit that I was talking about earlier was actually a lucid dream inside Roland's mind, which was pulled into the Grapefruit.

So...I guess that means Flagg has experience fighting in an actual "dream world", not just a place that operates like one.

Bump.

Wondering whether or not this is a stomp now that Flagg's been gifted with so many new abilities...

Back