• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frank Horrigan Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinePoint

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
His tier seems very small compared to that of other fallout characters, one-punching a deathclaw should put him far above one, and he's basically a behemoth with power armor. Explosions annoy him. Heavy turrets do nothing. 8-B/8-A?

Mini nukes weren't a thing in OG Fallouts, but considering he is the size of a smaller Behemoth and he has the most advanced power armor grafted to his skin and one of the relatively highest HP stats of any Fallout enemy he should be able to tank mininukes. While having 999 HP might not seem like much compared to the newer HP stats, the old Fallouts had a different combat system than the new one and if you convert the HP via using his level and stats in Fo3 and FNV he would have 1280 HP, which can take to 2-3 nukes, and 7622.5 + in Fo4, which can't even be touched by mini nukes. Fo3/FNV formula is 90 + (Endurance(10) x20) + (Level(99) x 10), and the Fo4 formula is 80 + (Endurance(10) x 5) + (Level(1000) -1) x (Endurance(10)/2 + 2.5)

That HP stuff is game mechanics. If there is nothing that puts Frank in tier 8 other than speculation, it isn't happening.

Ok let's say his stats are just conjecture, if normal Behemoths can tank mini nuke blasts, why wouldn't a Behemoth with the most advanced power armor in Fallout 2 grafted to his skin not be able to tank them either?

And he is heavily resistant to Plasma weapons, which turn most enemies to a puddle of goop within 1-2 shots.

Plasma weapons and Deathclaws are only rated at Small building level. Frank also has nothing that suggest thst he can scale to mini-nukes. The most I can resonably see is "At least 9-A" or something and even then its a bit iffy.

But Behemoths scale to 8-B, and Frank towers over other Super Mutants as well as being physically surperior to them, just like Behemoths. And he is always in Advanced Power Armor because it is surgically attached to him. Regular Power Armor alone is enough to withstand mininukes.

Frank Horrigan isn't that tall compared to behemoths. He's only around the 12~ foot marker compared to the behemoth's 20+ foot stuff.

But the far more important part is that Frank was infected with a completely different FEV strai. You can't scale him to Super Mutants from a different strain, especially when he's much smaller than they are.

The most you can get for Frank is 9-A by scaling to rocket launchers or higher end weaponary in Fallout 2.

Regular Power Armor alone is enough to withstand mininukes.

This seems incredibly incorrect. Power Armor can canonically be breached by assault rifles and sniper rifles. Even in game you can only survive a close range mini-nuke by having an extreme amount of buffs and perks.

Also if Energy weapons are Wall level how is the Courier Building Level+ because he can survive being hit by energy weapons, which implys energy weapons are Building level, but Frank who laughs it off like its nothing is only Wall level?

Corrections: I said the Courier maxes at building level plus, but his actual max is city block level plus, due to energy weapons and mini nukes resistance

2: By the time enemies have Fat Man mininuke launchers in most Fallouts you are already high level anyway, the Power Armor just helps a lot. My apologies.

I still believe that Frank Horrigan deserves City Block or at least Building level becuase he is practically unarmed by conventional weapons and is tanks explosives quite easily. He can also survive up to 2 Holy Hand Grenades, which have a blast equivalent to a mininuke.

I agree that "At least 9-A" works for him, but the 8-B stuff relies on scaling that doesn't have basis imo.

What about the Holy Hand Grenades? They are Fo2's mininuke equivalent, and he can survive up to 2 of them. Behemoths scale to 8-B due to mininukes, of which they typically only survive 2 of as well.

I would mention those if it wasn't a buggy easter egg from a game that has had most of said easter eggs declared as non-canon.

Actually why are mini-nukes 8-B in the first place.

According to our calc about explosions "Y = ((x/.28)^3)" where x = radius in kilometers and y = yield in KT.

So the nearest number I could find is

• Y = ((.0625/.28)^3)
  • Y = (0.00223214285714285714285714285714^3)
  • Y = 0.011121 KT or 11.12 tons of TNT
But this is assuming the mini-nukes have a radius of 62.5 meters or 205 feet and there's absolutely nothing backing that it has an explosive range of this size to my knowledge. 8-C or High 8-C seems more realistic than 8-B.

Fallout def needs a CRT lol

"One of the most feared creatures to walk the wasteland"

One of the weaker characters from his verse.

The 8-B comes from the tri laser being able to vaporize the gaint robo scorpion. I have no opinions here just saying that's were 8-B comes from. (Also I heard some death claw were supposed to be upgraded but we never got around to it)

The robo-scorpion calc also seems a bit weird since there's multiple other canon ways to take it down and it can likely just be chalked up to game mechanics.

I don't think that's how game mechanics work, but I really don't care (I love fallout but it only changes a single match I had in mind, and I don't want to be dragged into another argument in circles (Frankenstein's Monster comes to my mind)).

Frank isn't weak, he's the strongest enemy in Fallout 1 and 2 stat wise, turning deathclaws into flesh paste with a single punch is pretty impressive as well, and he destroyed an entire vault of intelligent deathclaws single handedly.

I mean, vaporizing the robo-scorpion produces an ash pile the same size as a bloat-fly. There's also multiple different ways of killing it, and like Frank Horrigan, there's multiple outside sources that can help you in fighting it.

Also its a pretty large outlier in terms of weapon damage.

Tier wise here Frank is still on the weaker side. hence my comment about CRT

I mean, you could go ask Bambu to come comment here since I know Bambu once tried to downgrade the verse before he made the Tri laser calc.

I'll do that in another thread. For now I agree in upgrading Frank to "At least 9-A" for one shotting death claws and being able to tank plasma blasts.

I agree with Qawsedf's analysis and since Antvasima agrees too, coupled with the fact that there isn't a lot of activity for the verse, is it safe to just approve and apply the agreed changes?

New point, I've recently learned that Fallout 4 Behemoths are about 13 ft tall, meaning Frank is only a foot shorter than Fo4 Behemoths, would this affect his statistics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back