• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Fra and her Standard Equipement vs Twenty-Fifth Baam

High 7-C versions (That is the Name Hunt Station Arc version for Baam, I think)

Speed Equal

Wanna try making some matches for Fran & co, now that their profiles are finally finished. So I'm just throwing stuff out there and see what sticks.

You mean in energy terms? 8.6e14 J

I honestly don't understand why the vs community is so insistent on having this in kilotons of TNT instead of SI units, considering that 90% of all calcs produce the result in joules either way

205.545 kilotons of TNT

Fran's own is based on levelling and hence requires the killing of opponents to work and is also not that fast.

Master, her sword, has a more interesting version, in that he has a pool of skill points that he can invest to upgrade skills and learn new ones by maxing them out or by increasing magic skills. He often carries enough points to make 2 or 3 skills reach max. level.

Well then I vote in Baam, his Reactive Power Level is fast enough to defeat an opponent who was fighting equal to equal against him in a single blow some time after the fight stretching for a certain period, and Baam with Instinctive Reaction, Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Percpetion is able to divert melee attacks from Fran and Master, but if she has AoE attacks I'm sure Baam will not run away in time.

Master & Fran have Gale Hazard, which has 30m AoE.

Kanna Kamui and Black Lightning Advent have around 50m AoE.

Ekato Keraunos has high AoE on grounds of being made up of 100 separate projectiles comming from above.

Lastly there's TriÒâ╗Explosion, which just spawns around the opponent.

I think that are more or less all spells that are notable purely from an AoE standpoint.

So I think Baam will have difficulties, since they are version of him does not have the Shinwonryu, but I continues to vote in Baam with High-Diff for my reasons above

Right now, I'm inclined to agree with Enryu here. His melee combat is pretty insane, as he can copy any art form. He also can dodge invisible projectiles seemingly instinctively.

AoE is definitely his biggest problem here, which is almost comical given Baam's range. It helps that he can amplify his speed, strength, and durability with shinsoo.

@DontTalkDT

I'm not very familiar with Fran. Do you have an argument on her winning this that would allow us to also gain a bit more familiarity with the character? Or perhaps some tools she has (and how she uses them) that would be helpful for her here?

Let's try a rundown of the most relevant, outside what is obvious from the P&A section alone:

Master has a spell that automatically resurrects Fran once after it is cast. She also has 1 item that prevents her death once and another one that prevents it and then restores half her MP and AP.

Sword Lord Arts is the highest sword skill. Even lower versions grant the user so much fighting skill that it lets them fight opponents of vastly higher power (in verse stat wise, hence impossible to really quantify for our purposes).

Master's most noteworthy skill (aside from skill share's utility) is probably Skill Taker SP, with space-time & Dimensional magic in close second place. (Just read descriptions of those in the "Skills" section on Master's profile)

Aside from that Fran's awakening makes her passively emit black lightning, which conducts through metal and just generally harms anyone that comes too close and doesn't dodge it. (It probably also has the lightning typical paralysis effect)

At the cost of mana Fran can, via Master's Physical Damage Nullification, negate all damage from physical (non-magical) attacks.

It should be said that Fran can and will, if the opponent lets go of his weapon, store it away in her dimensional storage, a pocket dimension in which time is stopped.

Aside from that she can create powerful barriers and for a drawn out battle Master's Mana Absorption Skill can be nice.

Lastly Urushi is nice, for numerical advantage and suprise attacks.

Fantastic thank you.

After seeing all this, I have to say, there are two large things that would give Baam problem. One, the fact that she can basically revive herself three different times. And two, the fact that she can burn mana to cause herself to not take damage from physical attacks, which is Baam's only method of attack. All of his attacks inflict physical damage. So she'd be able to tank anything that Baam has to throw at her.

How long can she use that technique? And can she still attack or use other mana intensive skills will being unaffected by physical attacks?

I'd say that time stop and slow shield are also helpful here. But her time stop is fairly brief. Baam can potentially regen if the damage isn't too bad.

Physical Damage Nullification lets her fight with no restrictions (as opposed to Dimension Shift that likely only lets her fight magically). The skills extent isn't measured in time. It costs mana proportional to the attacks it blocks.

How long that is... well. One should say that Fran's mana pool replenishes once she uses Awakening. Additionally she has a few mana potions and Mana Absorption can stretch her mana.

Master has a gigantic mana pool of 5500 MP. For reference the court magician in the royal capital has barely 800 MP, which indeed is high. Amanda, an A-rank adventurer superior to Fran in power, has a mana pool of just 808 MP.

To maybe make it more tangible: Fran could take prolonged all out barrages of hits from Amanda, that sacrificed her own weapon to perform the attack, without the use of Mana Potions and the replenishment from Awakening, while at the same time using Brilliant Lightning Rush which drains her mana a lot.

Well, in total that only lasted for 10 seconds, but that was a battle fought at both characters maximum speed. 10 seconds means plently of action.

Skill Taker doesn't help?

Skill Taker might help. But I mean, most of Baam's skills he's taken from someone else anyway, so I don't think it'll be useful at all unless she makes it so he can't use the skill. But I highly doubt she can just make it so he can't manipulate shinsoo. I think that's a bit of a stretch.

I think the physical damage nullification would let her take it, if she uses AoE attacks during that time. Projectiles are extremely unlikely to ever touch Baam, and his proficiency in martial arts makes it so that hand to hand combat is difficult as well. So AoE would be her best option while nullifying his physical damage.

Her skills are a lot more versatile than Baam's in this form. So I think she's more likely to take it here.

Back