• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

For Honor Feats/Abilities Questions

Doing For Honor profiles for fun and I'm running into a bit of an issue with their feats. Some stuff like crossbow, bow, bombs, etc., could easily fall under optional equipment but what's the general consensus regarding those that apply buffs, debuffs with no real prior explanation for how they work?

As in, some of the equipment provide increases to stats with no explanation as to why they boost these statistics, & these boosts aren't just "This Gold Crossbow has more Crossbow Power than a Silver Crossbow" or the like?
Apologies if I seem kinda clueless; I probably am, having next to no experience with For Honor, but I'd nonetheless, like to try & help as best I can.

Yeah, there are a load of feats that provide buffs or debuffs, not even equipment, it's an ability that can be used on the opponent. For example, the Warden uses a feat called "Inspire", he shouts and raises his sword, now he and allies within a radius can do 20% more damage, or a Kensei uses a technique called "Fear Itself" where he points a finger at an enemy and now they take more damage.

Take into account that in games stat amplifications represent some real condition: for example, "inspire" induce courage into its allies increasing their offensive abilities, but the game represents it as damage boost.

Yeah, there are a load of feats that provide buffs or debuffs, not even equipment, it's an ability that can be used on the opponent. For example, the Warden uses a feat called "Inspire", he shouts and raises his sword, now he and allies within a radius can do 20% more damage, or a Kensei uses a technique called "Fear Itself" where he points a finger at an enemy and now they take more damage.
Is "Feat" a term For Honor uses to refer to those abilities? On our Wiki, "Feat" often refers to things characters have done, especially those that can be quanitified/calculated, to help determine their tier. Calling those abilities "Feats" might cause some ambiguity &/or confusion.

Anyway, it's possible we might allow those abilities of theirs as is, but I'd wait for more input. Again, I'm not knowledgeable on this verse.

Last edited:
Oh right, sorry. In For Honor, feats is a term for a feature that functions like killstreaks, where you unlock certain abilities like passive buffs, active buffs or debuffs that you can apply to yourself or the enemy. I'll just take to calling them "player abilities" for simplicity's sake.

It's even more confusing now since recent abilities for heroes have lore basis.

I can compile some examples of how the buff and debuff player abilities work, and then we can probably work from there

Things to consider in addition to Feats would be Perks and Revenge. It's also good to note that feats aren't exactly kill-streaks, and can be gained by anything that gains "Renown", including: capturing and/or holding a strategic location, fighting multiple enemies at once, reviving teammates, and kills.

Not sure what those all translate to in the context of the wiki, but if feats are included it wouldn't be fair to give them to the characters at the start of every battle, since in the game they have to be earned again every single match.

Should the fact that the characters can tank bombs, javelins and ballistas in-game should be accounted for? Also unblockable attacks? I'll just put it under "Limited Durability Negation" for now unless someone can refute it as gameplay.

I do have a few ideas for how certain abilities can translate if they're not dismissed as gameplay, at least according to the ones we have present:

• Warden: Thick Blood (Resistance to Status Effect Inducement, Bleed), Inspire and Morale Booster (Social Influencing or Stat Amp, can inspire fellow soldiers to fight harder), Takedown (Possible Stat Amp to Lifting Strength? Can throw enemies and knock them to the ground), Stalwart Banner (Healing), Pugno Mortis and Fiat Lux (Explosion Manipulation, can use Fiat Lux to stun enemies, and use Pugno Mortis to damage them)

• Kensei: Fast Recovery (Stat Amp, helps them recover quicker from being tired), Inspire (See Warden's), Smoke Bomb (Smoke Manipulation, can drop a smoke bomb in order to hide their presence from the enemy), Chilling Stare (Fear Manipulation or Stats Reduction, can intimidate enemies into being more vulnerable to attacks), Stalwart Banner (Healing), Unblockable (Limited Durability Negation, cannot be blocked like most regular attacks but can be parried)

• Raider: Rush, Tireless, and Fury (Possible Stat Amp, Rush gives them a temporary boost in movement speed, Tireless lowers the rate at which they get tired, Fury greatly raises their attack and defense) Fury can also be considered as Berserk Mode as what it represents in-game, Marked for Death (Stats Reduction? Reveals a target's position and lowers their attack and defense), Fire Flask (Fire Manipulation, can throw it similar to a molotov cocktail)

• Tiandi: Tireless (See Raider's description of Tireless), Marked for Death (See Raider's Description), Doom Banner (Stats Reduction, can reduce defenses of enemies by placing down a banner), Vital Leech (Healing, can regain health from attacks but does not go above 50% of his health), Battlecry (Status Amplification and Fear Manipulation, can increase the attack power of himself and his allies while inducing fear to weaker enemies), Indomitable (Limited Invulnerability? Activates a shield when he is near death, keep in mind that it does not activate upon death but rather when he is near death so it does not save him from a killing blow)

Last edited:
An attack being unblockable is just to represent that it has more power behind it than normal attacks, I don't think it qualifies for any ability, or that it literally means that nothing could possibly block it (especially given many parries start by blocking the attack.).

Kensei's feat in particular should probably be stat amp, yes.

Also we should look more into feats (VSBattle feats) of the For Honor characters since most of FH I see is focused on Shugoki's head + helmet crush:

Last edited:
Could they? My memory was that it instantly killed them.
If you look closely earlier in the vid, the elephant blows managed to hit the Shugoki without killing it and some of its stomp attacks merely dealt heavy damage. But I'll go ahead and test again to see if it still applies. The charge might be an instakill so the gates feat might not apply

Okay so I checked, the charge does instakill but the Orochi and other heroes could withstand its headbutt and stomps

Though the Shugoki you encounter in the level doesn't get instakilled by it but it might just be gameplay reasons anyway.

Once I have the time, I'll be able to include all For Honor player abilities and put it up for review

but if feats are included it wouldn't be fair to give them to the characters at the start of every battle, since in the game they have to be earned again every single match.
I think it's alright to have them all at the start afaik because other characters from other MOBA-like games seem to allow them all at once on their profiles

Here is the Assassins edition:

• Peacekeeper: Stealth (Stealth Mastery, can conceal herself well enough to sneak up on heroes), Fiat Lux (Explosion Manipulation), Thick Skin (Stat Amp, reduces the Damage she takes by 10%), Sharpen Blade + Regular Bleed (Status Effect Inducement, Bleed, a status that drains a certain amount of health over time), Pugno Mortis (Explosion Manipulation, can throw a bomb), Fear Itself (Fear Manipulation, can induce fear and cause enemies to fight less competently), Last Laugh (When killed, will release a bomb that can potentially one-shot most 9-Bs with equal durability to herself)

• Orochi: Kiai (Perception Manipulation, Sound Manipulation and Statistics Reduction/Status Effect Inducement?, releases a scream that can stun an opponent and turn them blind for a moment, it can also make them feel more tired than usual/represented in-game with the opponent going out of stamina), Smoke Bomb (Smoke Manipulation, drops a smoke bomb that blinds the enemy and conceals their appearance), Sharpen Blade (See Peacekeeper's definition), Slip Through (Statistics Amplification, Skill perhaps? Dodging can increase the effectiveness of their attacks), Nail Bomb (Explosion Manipulation and Status Effect Inducement, sets down a trap that sends metal fragments flying at high speeds, causing severe lacerations to whoever is caught in it)

• Berserker: Storming/Stunning Trap (Explosion Manipulation, briefly stuns an enemy who is caught in it), Doom Banner (Stats Reduction, can reduce defenses of enemies by placing down a banner), Fury can be considered as a Statistic Amplification and Berserk Mode as what it represents in-game, Marked for Death (Stats Reduction? Reveals a target's position and lowers their attack and defense), Fire Flask (Fire Manipulation, can throw it similar to a molotov cocktail), Berserker (Also Statistic Amplification and Berserk Mode, his speed, defense and attack is greatly raised)

• Nuxia: Thick Blood (Resistance to Status Effect Inducement, Bleed), Thread of Fate (Limited Paralysis, can force an enemy to confront her and they cannot escape her unless she distances herself first), Takedown (Possible Stat Amp to Lifting Strength? Can throw enemies and knock them to the ground), Regeneration (Mid-Low, non-combat applicable. Can sit down and heal wounds even when close to death), Infection (Disease Manipulation, deals damage to an enemy if he has any other allies in close proximity), Berserker (See Berserker's description)

Back