• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fodder Upgrades Skulduggery Pleasant

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Wall Level is very very common for Skulduggery Pleasant, even within the higher tiers, so it makes sense for average fodder to have this, but there's small building to building level feats as well.

China Sorrows takes minimal damage from Mortars.

"
To her (Darquesse) eyes, it all happened so very slowly. The wall to her right caved in, buckling the floorboards and the ceiling, filling the air with shards of wood and stone. Darquesse was picked up, thrown sideways, out through the opposite wall as what looked like the whole building splintered and came after her. She fell to the street, ears ringing, barely able to hear the explosions that followed in rapid succession. A mortar attack, maybe. Softening the opposition before the big push".

"She rolled on the cobbled street, the remains of China's building falling around her".

"China had a few cuts and bruises, but apart from that she was her usual self".

It's also consistent with Skulduggery Collapsing a tunnel with Earth Manipulation's tunel ability, not the last resort defence ability

"But then the ground started to crack, and Skulduggery Pleasant and Tanith Low burst up in a shower of dirt and rock".

He also destroyed the walls of a massive tunnel, one much larger than a house hallway.

Darquesse also says someone of her calibre couldn't be taken out by a mere mortar round

"She was pretty sure China survived the explosion. Darquesse hadn't seen how she'd fared, but she was confident that a woman like China Sorrows would not be taken out by a mere mortar round".

Who Scales?

Skulduggery Pleasant/Lord Vile (Vile is vastly superior, even to the point of taking on groups of enemies she could barely fight).

The Grotesquery

Billy-Ray Sanguine

Cleavers

Lord Vile intelligence.

Has so much experience, he's killed battle fields - Also something for the AP section

"Do you know, do you have any idea, how many people I killed when I called myself Lord Vile? I don't. But it was a lot. I killed whole battlefields. All that violent death, so tinged with fear and panic... it made me so, so strong.

Finessed 3 people superior to him.

"It was fascinating to see, this girl with so much undeserved power going up against a weaker but more skilled opponent".

"Suddenly the armour parted, revealing the shirt and tie beneath, and Kitana uttered a laugh of triumph, mistakenly assuming she had won. Instead, the armour came back, slicing through her hands as it re-formed. Kitana staggered, her fingers dropping to the ground, and Vile struck her with a spiked fist, caving in half of her face. He then sent a spear of darkness into her throat, pinning her to the wall. Vile was about to take her head when Sean dived at him. Kitana fell to her hands and knees and Vile flipped Sean over his hip".

ByAsura said:
"She was pretty sure China survived the explosion. Darquesse hadn't seen how she'd fared, but she was confident that a woman like China Sorrows would not be taken out by a mere mortar round".
I'll get to the other stuff in a moment, but I'm pretty sure the this here is implying that China had some method of escape, or would have been prepared for it - that is the sort of "woman like China Sorrows" that China is.

It also says she couldn't be taken out by a mere mortar round, and she still withstood the several mortars shot at her regardless. I'll read the part again for more detail.

Lord Vile Punctures a barrier that mortars and mages couldn't

"Ratoath was a town under siege.

Mevolent's forces hurled everything they had at the interlocking force fields. Buildings burned and smoke billowed like all it wanted to do was escape the madness. And it was madness down there. It was full of screams and shouts and blood and violence. There were the sounds of gunfire and clashing swords and the crackling of magical energies. A vast army, ready to swarm and barely being held at bay by the few Resistance fighters who stood behind the barricades".

"She saw Lord Vile, his shadows whipping through the paltry defences and barricades. The bad guys were coming".

Here, the first bit is referring to three interlocking forcefields.

The bit about Vile is referring to "paltry defenses and barricades", which I do not think are those forcefields.

Makes sense, also i found the context, the building partially collapsed on China, but she escaped the entire building collapsing on her.

Fodder Speed

Tesseract, a character who is way way way weaker than Vile, even when Tes had a remnant, is a bullet timer w/o the remnant.

"She heard the gun click, but their hands were covering it so she couldn't see what happened... [Skulduggery] rolled and came up, aiming dead-centre for Tesseract's chest and the fight froze.
Valkyrie shoved Marr into the back seat of the Bentley, and looked back in time to see Tesseract hold out his fist, and slowly open his hand. Six bullets fell to the ground".

The speed of Tesseract doesn't scale to any character's normal speed, refexes, travel, or combat (except Vile), instead it's attack speed.

If I remember correctly, this bit is not referring to Tesseract catching bullets or anything. It is referring to him removed them from the gun moments prior during that "hands were covering it so she couldn't see what happened" bit.

I actually remember Skulduggery saying in the next moment "I thought it felt a bit light", referring to the gun itself because its ammunition had been removed.

Also, even if the changes aren't made, i think Vile could still be Small Building Level, he's leagues people who are leagues above pretty much everyone of the characters who are on par with Skul.

I couldn't exactly find the context, it'd take hours.

So i'll just remove it.

I actually just found some information that might be useful for getting Vile to Small City Level or City Level without an accelerator boost.

Darquesse stated she'd turn the City into dust during Death Bringer before she even fought Vile, and she also stated that vile was an equal or tougher opponent in their fight

• She rose off the ground, into the rain-filled air, floating high above the cottage. She could see across the countryside from here, to the city in the distance. She wondered how easy it would be to turn the whole city to dust. Probably not that hard. Not if she focused.
  • She was sweating too, and starving. All of this energy, all this magic, being used on this opponent who seemed just as tough as she was. Maybe even tougher.
Lord Vile managed to fight Kitana, Sean, and Doran, despite them being accelerator boosted and having more power on top, though he's still weaker, even when they were just accelerator boosted, but here's how much power Sean, Doran, Kitana, and Elise had (though Elise presumably didn't even get a second boost, much less an accelerator boost)

• Darquesse got up, staggered away. She rounded the corner and fell to her knees. Argeddion stood before her.
  • They looked at each other. He didn't attack. Of course he didn't. And not just because he was a pacifist. He couldn't attack. He barely had the strength for it. "Darquesse," he said. "How did you escape?"
  • She stood, healing her body. "You're making them stronger. You're giving them all of your lovely, lovely power."
  • "Not all of it."
  • "Look at you," she said. "You're practically defenceless." She reached out with her magic but he stepped back, the last dregs of his own power flaring to protect himself. "Even that took a lot out of you."
  • He flung his arms wide, his armour throwing sharpened streams of blackness in three directions. Sean covered his head, howling as the shadows slashed into his arms. Doran curled into a ball, tucking his head down. Kitana cut through the darkness with a wave of angry energy and got to her feet. The streams of darkness retracted into Vile's armour, and he raised a cloud of shadows between them. Kitana fired blindly, one of her blasts accidentally hitting Doran.
  • Vile shadow-walked behind Kitana but she must have sensed him because she whirled, pushed him back against the wall, her fingers digging into his chest. Shadows snapped at her but she ignored them. She was trying to tear his armour off. Suddenly the armour parted, revealing the shirt and tie beneath, and Kitana uttered a laugh of triumph, mistakenly assuming she had won. Instead, the armour came back, slicing through her hands as it re-formed.
  • Kitana staggered, her fingers dropping to the ground, and Vile struck her with a spiked fist, caving in half of her face. He then sent a spear of darkness into her throat, pinning her to the wall. Vile was about to take her head when Sean dived at him. Kitana fell to her hands and knees and Vile flipped Sean over his hip.
Briefly fought Darquesse, even resisting her abilities, but was beaten

• Magic lived in it, and magic was alive, and so the very nature of the armour was transformed as a result. She saw it and understood it, and once she was ready, she focused her mind and called to it.
  • Vile inclined his head, and stopped tapping his leg.
  • She called again, more forcefully this time, and the armour reacted, straining against Vile's command. Black droplets of shadow splashed to the ground and Vile struggled, the armour turning solid again, solid and sharp. Darquesse ducked a swipe at her throat. She moved in but he was fast, grabbing her and twisting and smashing her head through the wall. He pulled her on to his hip and flipped her. The world tilted and the floor spun into her face. She started to laugh as Vile knelt on her back. This was fun.
  • She threw him back with a simple pulse of energy and she called to his armour and it flowed to her hand, collecting into a spinning ball of shadow and substance.
  • The last of it dripped from Skulduggery and he fell sideways, barely managing to support himself against the wall.

The bit about turning cities to dust is accounted for. She's probably overestimating herself, as she doesn't show anything close to that level of power until the final battle of TDotL

It should probably be removed from the profiles then.

Anyway, do you agree?

Ok, what is the reasoning though?

I also might check if they say how much power he got from the Accelerator a little later.

I don't agree with Vile being small city level because there is nothing putting him on that level until his fight with Darquesse when he is boosted.

The books say the boost is a triple in power I believe, but if he can go from wall / room level to city level, it's clearly more.

I guess i can see that, but maybe some likely far higher rating could be added, with the mention that it's probably an outlier.

Ok.

I actually checked something, Luke Cage has an extremely similar feat to China's, and it's wall level+, but it didn't level an apartment room, to be fair.

Back