• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I'm technically way too busy to do this right now, but I can't help to want to do it anyways... so I will make this quick.

Scepter of the Ancients​

The scepter gets the addition that it absorbs the souls of those it killed.
A few years after Serpine’s death, Valkyrie herself had replaced the broken crystal – hirranian, the scientists now called it, or katahedral, to use its traditional name, capable of absorbing the souls of those it destroyed to add to its strength – and used it to kill two of the Faceless Ones who’d come through at Aranmore Farm.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.17). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
And should get Soul Manip, because it transforms souls into energy.
They absorb the souls of the people they destroy, transforming them into energy, so the more people a crystal kills, the more powerful it becomes – and it’s already started out powerful enough to kill a god.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.438). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Valkyrie Cain​

Black Lightning​

Val absorbed the powers of the scepter giving her its abilities. Would be in a new key.
Cadaver nodded. “The black crystal that powered the Sceptre, the katahedral, shattered.” “So?” “When it shattered, it released all of that katahedral energy.” “So?” “Energy like that, Temper, doesn’t just evaporate. It has to go somewhere. Be stored somewhere.” “And where’d it go?” “Into Valkyrie.” Temper frowned. “But that would have killed her. Anything that black lightning touches, it turns to dust. Even gods.” “Everything, it seems, apart from Valkyrie Cain.” “How’s that possible?” “My theory is that the energy chose a vessel that had already demonstrated its ability to contain and wield massive amounts of power.” “So she absorbs it without being damaged by it,” Temper said, lowering the gun. “And it’s still there?” “That’s what Malice detected when she was poking around. Valkyrie probably isn’t even aware of this energy inside her, but it’s there, and I think it can be called upon.” “She’d be able to wield it? To use the black lightning without it killing her?” “If it hasn’t killed her yet, I doubt it will do so now.” “Wait a second,” said Temper. “Are you actually saying that Valkyrie might be able to kill the Faceless Ones?” Cadaver tilted his head happily. “Isn’t magic wonderful?”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.297-298). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
She called forth the katahedral energy inside her and it passed from her hand into Khrthauk. The creature recoiled, its flesh rippling, and Valkyrie flew backwards to avoid its thrashing, both hands straight in front of her, black lightning leaping from her fingertips. It poured out of her and she screamed as the Faceless One screamed and the patch of hide she’d just been touching turned to dust and the dust spread over its massive body and then it came apart, crumbling like an old statue, collapsing into a mountain of its own remains.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.394). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Since she straight up erased a Faceless One with that one could debate whether it's a tier upgrade... or one just leaves it as hax with mountain-sized AoE.

Stat Enhancement​

Val can boost her physicals with her magic now.
“Valkyrie,” Skulduggery said. She looked back at him, smiling. “Yes?” He nodded to her hands and she looked down, realised she had taken hold of the woman’s wrists and had crushed them in her grip.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.35). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
She landed, channelling her magic into her muscles, and kicked low and then high, just like she’d trained, just like the drills she’d run with Coda Quell, catching Skulduggery by surprise.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.244). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
She couldn’t see, and didn’t know which way was up and which was down, and didn’t even try to fly. Instead, she pulled her magic in and reinforced her body’s integrity and she fell all the way to the street below and collided with the ground and the ground cracked.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.334). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
I think she arguably doesn't enhance them to the level of her magical offense, though.

Trauma sense​

Can sense remains of trauma.
Valkyrie reached out with her thoughts, but couldn’t find any hint of trauma in the space around her. There was, however, an absence of trauma – or the absence of anything, really, as if the space had been scrubbed clean before her arrival.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.31). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Intelligence​

Just some additions for Val's int section
Valkyrie could put a car engine back together, build a motorbike from scratch, and knew how to rewire a house and defuse all but the most complicated of bombs, but she hadn’t a clue what most of this junk was and cared not one bit.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.41). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Martial Arts​

We know Val uses various martial arts, but we have a rare case of getting one of them named, so that can be added.
“Will you teach me some more Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu before my next class?” she asked. Valkyrie smiled. “Sure thing.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.64). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Improved power copy​

Val can now use her copied powers better than the original did, like seen here in the case of healing magic
Creed nodded. “And I know you’re not afraid of disfigurement. I know you can repair yourself far better than our healers ever could, given the opportunity. I know you can regrow limbs if you ever get a chance to use magic again. You rightly see physical pain as transitory. I know that torture can only have a limited effect on you.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.366). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Information Analysis​

Val can understand powers immediately.
She couldn’t see the magic inside him like she could in other sorcerers, but she saw it swirl around his hand and frowned at it, watching it, reached out to understand it. Her senses probed at the very edge of what it was and she saw nothing but emptiness and what it would do to her, what it would do to Skulduggery, how it would wrap around them and scrub them from reality. She knew in an instant that she had no defence against it and no way to survive it – nothing or nobody did – and so she shoved Skulduggery away and unleashed her fear in the form of lightning that struck Obsidian in the exact centre of his chest.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.191). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Possession countermeasures​

She can burn beings possessing her straight out of her soul.
Then she closed her eyes and directed this energy inwards. It churned towards her soul, churned and built, and the Faceless Ones still inside her knew what was coming and they were panicking, trying to get out. They screamed at her, screamed in a fury she had never felt before. They were gods and they knew what she was going to do and they were powerless to stop her. The black energy burst through her soul and obliterated every last one of them, and when it withdrew, and was safe, Valkyrie collapsed, suddenly crying, roaring with grief.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.411-412). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Darquesse​

Resistance to energy transformation and... magic destruction?​

Alright, this is a weird one. Read the quote first.
The second part of the process, the really interesting part, was when the damage being inflicted wasn’t to her physical form but rather to her magic. Recent advancements in the Research and Development Department had yielded incredible results and a new way of understanding the Source, that dimension composed entirely of magical energy. The same scientists that had managed to widen the Source portals to allow the Faceless Ones to enter this reality were now using their new-found skills to attack the very essence of who and what Darquesse was. And this, apparently, progressed past the point where Darquesse was able to simply switch off her pain receptors. And so she screamed. They were close, Hoc was assured. Close to breaking down her physical form, close to reducing her to energy.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.147). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Darquesse resists that for a very very long while (probably days), so she should have resistance to this torture.
Now the question is what this equalizes to. One part of this is getting her body turned into energy. That would be a resistance to transformation, I think.
The other thing is that they are directly attacking her magic and "the very essence of who and what Darquesse was". Her resisting an attack directly on her magic should be something like powernull resistance. What to make of the latter is harder. If I had to guess I would say it's her soul. Magic in the series is tied to the soul, after all, but that is speculation. Maybe it would be best to just list it as resistance to "attacks on her essence"?

More aspects, more range​

The number of aspects is correct up to trillions. Which is believable as she used them to survey literally the entire universe so that she can remember the location of every atom in existence. Should give her universal range.
“Other Darquesses. She’s been sending them all over the universe, as part of her research into whether or not she’ll help.” “How many?” “I actually don’t know,” said Sebastian. “I’m thinking trillions.” Valkyrie blinked. “She can do that?” “Yep. And each Darquesse is as powerful as she is.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.639). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Universe level power and Nigh-Omniscience​

Speaks for itself.
“I don’t understand,” Valkyrie said. “Obsidian wiped away the universe.” “Yes, he did.” “So what happened then?” “I restarted it.” Valkyrie frowned. “You restarted the universe?” “That’s what your aspects were doing,” Skulduggery said. “Omen said you’d sent them out across the universe to judge whether it was worth saving, but that’s not all.” “What else were they doing, Skulduggery?” Darquesse asked. “They were recording everything.” “They were recording absolutely everything,” she corrected. “Memorising every piece of history, noting the placement of every last atom. A lot of work went into it – I hope you appreciate that.” “You took a snapshot of reality.” Darquesse held up a finger for silence and closed her eyes, then opened them. “Sorry. That was a tricky one.” “You’re still working?” “Of course. But don’t worry, I’m almost at the edges.” She went quiet for a few seconds, then nodded. “There. The universe has been restored.” “You actually restarted the whole, entire universe?” Valkyrie said.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.653). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
“I’m bringing them all back,” said Darquesse. “A few modifications, though. A few tweaks. You can call it cheating if you want – I don’t mind – but I’d prefer that this world did not destroy itself the moment after I remake it. So the mortals get an adjustment.” “You’re taking away their knowledge of magic,” Skulduggery said. “I’m resetting reality to my specifications,” Darquesse said. “And this won’t affect all mortals – just the ones who didn’t know about magic until recently. I’m allowed to do that, you know.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.654). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Should get her intelligence and power upgrades. Also upgrades to her matter and energy manipulation and her mind manipulation. She also resurrected some people, so her resurrection and soul manip get upgrades too... and recreated the erased space, so....

Power Null​

Darquesse can change how much magic exists in the universe.
“There. The rifts to the Source of all Magic have been reset to their usual size, so that should cut down on the number of sorcerers losing control of their power.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.655). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Universe level durability + omnipresence​

Darquesse turns into the universe itself
“I’m fine,” Darquesse answered. “I’m … I won’t be able to maintain this for much longer.” “Maintain your body?” “My being,” said Darquesse. “I’m a universe now, Valkyrie. Things take … precedence.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.655). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Would that theoretically make her all inhabitants of the universe, too, so that she is composite of the verse now? I guess they are more so equipment...

Faceless Ones​

As it turns out, they have a hivemind.
“Just that the Faceless Ones are one!” she roared. “They’re one! They’re linked!” She stopped shouting as she went on, her voice gradually returning to normal. “They’re different and they each think different thoughts, but there’s a part of them that thinks the same thoughts, like a song playing in the background.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.430-431). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
and, as an emergency measure, can turn themselves into a small spark of energy.
The Faceless Ones had just reduced themselves to that single spark of energy. They had sacrificed their physical forms, sacrificed the power that had always been theirs, in order to escape eradication.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.446). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Obsidian​

Obsidian will be a new profile, but I will list his stuff anyway, as there is some stuff about him that requires debate.

Psychic abilities​

Can read minds
Skulduggery put his hat on, tilting it lower over his left eye socket. “Which would suggest Obsidian has a highly developed psychic ability. He sensed the thoughts of a worshipper and he came to wipe him from reality.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.37). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Flight​

Can fly
Moaning in pain and clutching her ribs, Valkyrie got up, looked at Obsidian as he stood in the air overhead. He could have continued, could have killed her, but instead he rose higher, then shifted direction and was gone. Valkyrie lowered

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.191). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
fast enough to keep up with Valkyrie
She dodged and reeled over Roarhaven, leaving a writhing trail of lightning in her wake and he kept up effortlessly.

Portal Creation​

Obsidian can open tears in space to use as portals.
He opened a tear in the space beside him and stepped into it. Omen rushed forward, but the rift healed and Obsidian was gone.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.428). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Can see in darkness​

He turned his head, looking through the darkness, straight at Sebastian, and his posture changed slightly.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.633). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Existence Erasure​

Obsidian can erase things... the entire universe in fact. Will get to the details of that in the next section about his nature.
There was a moment of panic, but Obsidian was already waving his hand, and he wiped Rhgonnaleth from existence.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.413). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
“He’s done it,” she said, her eyes wide, trying to sort through the images in her head. “Done what?” “Ended it all.” While they had turned their attention to Crepuscular and the Hosts’ plan, Obsidian had ended the universe. He’d started at the edges, working from the outside in. He’d wiped away the stars and the planets and the space between them, wiped away galaxies and black holes and cosmic clusters and civilisations both ancient and burgeoning. The light that had escaped those stars – the light that became the only thing left of those stars – had also been wiped away. It was all gone. The universe was over. The only thing left was the Earth and its solar system, and Obsidian was taking his time with that. A throwback, perhaps, to when he had been human.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.617). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Obsidian can also erase beings through their shared hivemind, as demonstrated with the Faceless ones.
“Obsidian could have found a way to use the link,” said Dexter. “What if he doesn’t have to hunt down each individual Faceless One in order to wipe them from existence? What if he’s worked out how to wipe away one, and then all of the others are wiped at the same time, because of the link that connects them?”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.431-432). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.

Obsidian is nothingness and Darquesse might be unable to kill him​

Alright, the big one. This is why I wanted to make this thread to talk about him before creating a profile. Let's start with the big one. Even Darquesse says she possibly can't kill Obsidian, as Obsidian is nothingness.
Sebastian looked at her. “Can you stop him?” “Maybe. I don’t know. He operates differently from anyone else I’ve ever encountered. He is nothingness. I don’t know if my power would work on nothingness. I could try. I could go after him right now and try to stop him.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.421). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Valkyrie’s legs went and Skulduggery held her up, and they watched Darquesse approach Obsidian. “You are interesting,” she said. “I was brought here to stop you, but I don’t know if I can. I’m … plugged in. You know? I’ve visited every corner of the universe. I’ve seen what makes up life, and what makes up matter, and what makes up the things between and beyond. I’ve seen everything. I am everything. But you … you’re nothing. And I don’t know if everything can beat nothing. I don’t even know if I want to.” She put her hand on Obsidian’s cheek. “You’re beautiful.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.643). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Now this is of course just a possibly. But a nigh-omniscient universal reality warper thinking they possibly can't kill you means something.
Whatever things he gets from this would of course just be a "possibly". He would otherwise just scale to lesser top-tiers of the verse due to being considered indestructible by any means except one specific weakness we will get to.
For the possiby there are multiple approaches, though. One would be possible Universe level durability and possibly the resistances he needs to resit Darquesse's powers.
However, Darquesse strictly speaking didn't say she can't kill him because he's though, but because he is nothingness. And with that we get to the debate on his nature. Obsidian was created by a boy called Auger stabbing himself with an obsidian which was nothingness enclosed in a very special rock. He then turned into that rock himself.
Let's look at the origin story of the nothingness rock:
Skulduggery seemed to recognise her mood, and continued. “When the Big Bang occurred and the universe began to spread outwards, existence snagged, forming a minuscule gap in the fabric of reality. A sliver of nothingness. A hole in the sock of what is.” “Sometimes your words are like poetry.” “Over time, this piece of nothing drew the detritus of the universe towards it – particles of matter, sprinklings of dust – until it attained a weight of its own. This speck of nothingness, entombed in rock, drifted through the cosmos until it fell to Earth as a meteorite where the Faceless Ones found it, discovered its obsidian centre, and forged it into a knife.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.78-79). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
As the novel explains the meteorite, i.e. the rock the nothingness is in, is the only thing that can possible harm Obsidian.
“Shut up.” She opened her eyes. “The meteorite,” she said. “Mevolent made the handle out of the meteorite because the one thing the obsidian hadn’t wiped from existence was the rock that had formed round it. So that’s the only substance in the universe, or in any universe, that can stand up to it.” “Precisely.” “So we find the Void meteorite and we … what? Make a pair of shackles?” “If we can. It all depends on how much we can find.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.82). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
This is also demonstrated. With bullets made out of that stuff Obsidian could even be harmed by a regular gun.
Valkyrie narrowed her eyes, examining the weird energy that twisted around the bullets in the gun. Meteorite-infused bullets. Creed had made a weapon out of it. “Die,” Creed whispered, and fired again and again, each shot sending Obsidian backwards, each cutting through his skin, cracking the surface and burrowing into what lay beneath. Obsidian fell to his knees. Creed aimed at his head and pulled the trigger and the hammer clicked on an empty chamber. No more fancy bullets.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.457). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
So universe level reality warper can't harm it, but the one material that can stand up to nothingness can. Implications.

Obsidian himself states he is nothingness and after Auger's mind vanished he had no mind (well, in a paradoxical nonexistence sense if we use NEP standards despite him being corporeal)
“There is no coming back,” said Obsidian. “Then who are you? If you’re not Auger, who are you?” “I am the nothing.” “You can’t be nothing. You’re talking to me. The person who’s talking has a mind. You have a mind. So whose mind is it, if it isn’t Auger’s?” “I am the nothing.” “You’re my brother.” “Your brother is dead. I have his fading memories.” “What happens when they’re gone?” “Then all trace of Auger Darkly is gone, and there is only nothing.”

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.426). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
Valkyrie pulled her mask and hood away from her face and focused her thoughts, sending them straight out without giving Obsidian a chance to assess the situation. But instead of staggering him they found nothing she could identify, nothing she could attack, and he looked at her and she tried to pull those thoughts back, but he’d latched on to them. Her knees buckled and then he released his grip, and Skulduggery caught her.

Landy, Derek. Until the End (Skulduggery Pleasant, Book 15) (S.617). HarperCollins Publishers. Kindle-Version.
So he definitely also have some kind of resistance to mind manip, but that isn't the point.

Everything the novel tells us about his nature says that potency of the attack against him isn't the issue, but the fact that regular attacks just don't work on nothingness is the issue. Easy case for NEP one might think. The only problem with that is that Obsidian is with 100% certainty tangible.

One possible interpretation is to say that Obsidian is fundamentally that gap in reality. That has NEP and the rock body is just an avatar. However, that the rock body is an avatar is never directly indicated.
Second option is to say that the rock is nonexistent in a NEP Nature Type 3 way. It is said that he can't be physically harmed due to being nothingness, after all. I'm hesitant, though, as that sets a really bad precedent. Theoretically, the NEP page allows for this case, but it is a huge exception and we don't have the most exceptional evidence for it.
Third option is the before mentioned "just ignore the nothingness stuff"-option.
Fourth option is other stuff, like just stating that he can't be harmed due to his nature of nothingness on his profile without sorting it into anything.

Really would like opinions on this part.

Last edited:
Holy ******* shit the book is out?? Will get through this later, but it looks fine atm, Universe lvl SP was eventually gunna happen with how desperate Landy was for a lovecraft esque stor, so im uber excited to read through this.

more on Obsidian, since they’re linked to the Obsidian blade the existence erasure is consistent and is perfectly explained by Cadaver in DOA:

one cut from the Obsidian Blade wipes you from existence” and that after getting cut by it there will be “nothing left of you. No soul, no energy, nothing. Simple Oblivion”

Now this is extremely interesting because of a statement from Cadaver of all the possible timelines falling apart after Obsidian dipped —> perhaps due to its actions? (DOA again) Ill go get my book later for the particular quote

One possible interpretation is to say that Obsidian is fundamentally that gap in reality. That has NEP and the rock body is just an avatar. However, that the rock body is an avatar is never directly indicated.
Second option is to say that the rock is nonexistent in a NEP Nature Type 3 way. It is said that he can't be physically harmed due to being nothingness, after all. I'm hesitant, though, as that sets a really bad precedent. Theoretically, the NEP page allows for this case, but it is a huge exception and we don't have the most exceptional evidence for it.
Third option is the before mentioned "just ignore the nothingness stuff"-option.
Fourth option is other stuff, like just stating that he can't be harmed due to his nature of nothingness on his profile without sorting it into anything.
Sadly as i havent had the chance to read the book this’ll be hard to comment on. Obsidian may have taken on Auger’s body as a sockpuppet (would make sense since Obsidian’s creation was caused by the splinter of the Obsidian Blade plunging into Auger). Giving it Type 3 NEP seems logical aswell.

Can truly make a conclusive statement, but we 100% should denounce the idea that we ignore this as it seems to be a big aspect of their character.

Outside of the NEP issue we have everything here seems 100% fine to be added to their profiles. Is Darquesse 3-A / High 3-A or Low2-C though?

Outside of the NEP issue we have everything here seems 100% fine to be added to their profiles. Is Darquesse 3-A / High 3-A or Low2-C though?
The universe is stated to have an edge, so it should be finite. And the past was not eradicated because
The Plague Doctor, i.e. Sebastian, was obviously Owen that went back in time when Obsidian destroyed the universe to stop it. Honestly, everyone saw that one coming, right?
Hence it can't be erasure of the whole timeline. So 3-A.

Never mind there are just infinite universes in the scan i had in mind, not that a universe itself was infinite in size, so im assuming Obsidian only affects 1 universe rather than the cosmology?

Never mind there are just infinite universes in the scan i had in mind, not that a universe itself was infinite in size, so im assuming Obsidian only affects 1 universe rather than the cosmology?
Yeah, Obsidian just wipes out one universe.

Then the universe rating itself is fine, now its just a matter of getting people here and getting a conclusive vote for NEP

Btw. kinda off-topic, but reading Darquesse's profile right now, I think we should specify that part 2's matter manipulation is on a subatomic level. Considering that she can turn a rock into a butterfly, which I doubt have the same atomic composition.
“That was a chair,” Ulysses shouted over the wind. “That was a chair that she turned into a … a whatever that is.”

Kimora looked over. “First, she turned it into a rock,” she shouted. “Then a butterfly. Then she turned it into a shark. A huge, huge shark. The shark knocked over the lamp.” She pointed. The lamp had indeed been knocked over. “Then it became a vortex of …”

Btw. kinda off-topic, but reading Darquesse's profile right now, I think we should specify that part 2's matter manipulation is on a subatomic level. Considering that she can turn a rock into a butterfly, which I doubt have the same atomic composition
Yes! She also turns a human into a chair (Sp: DOTL) ill find the specific pages later for pics.

Sign.jpg

NEP Nature Type 3 seems fine. Matter manipulation on a subatomic level could work; the power could be written as transmutation or both similar to what in alchemy, to be honest. I am largely fine with the other stuffs.

Matter manipulation on a subatomic level could work; the power could be written as transmutation or both similar to what in alchemy, to be honest.
It could be. Currently, its written as both, which I think makes sense. The reason I rather also list matter manipulation is that Darquesse consciously messes with the atomic structure. She perceives the structure and can seemingly reform it or also just leave it disassembled. Basically, she uses telekinesis on a really small and precise scale.
She raised her hand and Tarry exploded into nothingness.

Sanguine jerked back in astonishment. No lood, no meat, no bones. Nothing.

‘’There,’’ Darquesse said, a smile on her face once again. ‘’I feel so much better now.’’

‘’What did you do to him?’’ Sanguine asked. ‘’Where is he?’’

‘’He’s still here,’’ said Darquesse, her fingers playing lightly against the air. ‘’His atoms are spread out around the room. It’s funny, isn’t it? Group all those atoms together and Nestor has a body. Separate them, and you have to ask where he’s gone. I can put him back together, if you’d like.’’

‘’You could do that?’’

‘’Sure, I think’’
She waved her hand and he exploded into atoms.

Now was the tricky part. She still had control over those atoms and she spun some of them, manipulated them, changed them as much as she was able, as much as her limited knowledge allowed, and she took them and brought them together and a little yellow rubber duck appeared in mid-air and fell to the floor.

It bounced with a slight squek.

Thanks for the evaluation in any case. With that, I can start with additions soon.

Yo its the book I read in school
Like, when you were in school, or as part of a class?

NEP Nature Type 3 seems fine. Matter manipulation on a subatomic level could work
She turned a remanant infused human into a chair, then a duck and then flat out existence erased him, so it should deffo be on such a level. If needed i can find scans for it (it's in the 9th book relatively soon at the start, have it on me rn actually)

Got an online copy of Until the End so i can finally read through it (yes i pirated it, but i'll buy the book anyways later to make up for it), Literally just go it so i can't really give my 100% 2 cents on Obisidian, but ill eventually get through it (going through an exam season rn up untill halfway till june) BUT i did want to suggest:

Multiple Selves: The faceless ones rest in Valkyrie's soul
Animal manipulation: Animals don't like being in Valkyrie's presence
incorporeality and Invisibility: Faceless ones inside Valkyrie's soul are incorperal and invisible to mortals
Further justification for mind manip resistance for Skulduggery

Only on chapter 5, i'll add more P&A when i finish the book.

For the first two... well, that's provided you want to make an extra key for possessed Valkyrie.
The faceless ones already have incorporeality. Could give them invisibility, though... limited one.

For the first two... well, that's provided you want to make an extra key for possessed Valkyrie.
Like alot the feats in the book would scale to that key so if its worthwhile then sure (the regen from my crt would go in this profile aswell)
the faceless ones already have incorporeality. Could give them invisibility, though... limited one.
They already do? Damn i double checked their page before posting that just to make sure, ig im blind blind. Limited invis could work, but it wouldn't be combat applicable.

Alrighty, if I didn't miss anything all from the initial post was applied now.

The verse page should probably reflect the new changes:

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

Back