• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FNAF downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several things that needs calcs and revisiting even the original post says so
the physics behind how Freddy’s arms can generate 9-B force because he got claws, but can’t do the same thing without them despite keeping the same arms as before, but either way
******* physics, my guy?

It's the same reason why a character without a sword can be 9-A, but 7-A with it. It's fiction. The claws amp Freddy, and Monty, it's just that simple.

Didnt the op cover why the fire feat is not wall level?
well the wiki accepts it as 9-B which is something that he should handle with a separate crt but also I’m referring to the fire from security breach, not just the previous games
"You never provided evidence to disprove this rating that was never proved in the first place"
******* hell, that's some genius-level argumentation right there.

It's not an anti-feat because they don't scale to it. It was never brought up as an anti-feat, Mr. Strawman. It was brought up as something they shouldn't scale to in the first place. They shell takes the blunt of the impact, it breaks, the endoskeletons doesn't take any of the impact, thus, doesn't scale.

Pretty ******* simple, ay?
The post itself refers to it as an anti feat and as 9-B, now calm down bitch and learn how to read

well the wiki accepts it as 9-B which is something that he should handle with a separate crt but also I’m referring to the fire from security breach, not just the previous games
The op explains why its generally not a durability feat and a heat resistance, even more so in the animatronics case so...

It was brought up earlier. He has some kinda tool or device in his hands too.
i thought William in that mini-game didn't seem to have that device in hand? regardless, I wasn't expecting him to keep his strange superhuman strength for long, sad to see it go though.

i thought William in that mini-game didn't seem to have that device in hand? regardless, I wasn't expecting him to keep his strange superhuman strength for long, sad to see it go though.
I know in fnaf 3 minigames he had it. Dont know beyond that.

So 5 staff agree with 9-C, about 8 other users agree? And only one opposition but the arguments now are redundant and dont change much and doesnt seem to have much more to bring. Im deffo okay with making changes if its allowed now (not me rn since im too busy).

No, it is just the OP deciding not to make a crt before attempting to ignore the accepted wiki 9-B value for fire feat
Didnt the wiki do away with heat feats long ago and start treating it as "tier" against heat? And they gave reasoning for it not applying to robots. This literally changes nothing.

I know in fnaf 3 minigames he had it. Dont know beyond that.
In the FNaF 3 minigames he dismantles the animatronics empty handed
it’s through unknown means but it’s safe to say that the animatronics didn’t fight back, either because he was too fast, strong, or just is a really good mechanic

Didnt the wiki do away with heat feats long ago and start treating it as "tier" against heat? And they gave reasoning for it not applying to robots. This literally changes nothing.
9-B but only against heat? I’ve literally never seen that on a profile and never seen this brought up in any thread
would you elaborate?

Last edited:
I might be missing something with this, but I'm mentioning it anyway.

The 9-B fire calc is going over how much durability a HUMAN character would have if they were covered in fire. Using the surface area of the human body, along with the thickness and thermal conductivity of human skin. William Afton during the time of this feat (the burning down of Fazbear Fright) was mostly a robot made of metal and whatever material an animatronic would be made of. So the calc wouldn't apply to him.

Yes, William was a human at one point, but not much of his old, rotting corpse remains. So he still wouldn't have the required surface area.

I might be missing something with this, but I'm mentioning it anyway.

The 9-B fire calc is going over how much durability a HUMAN character would have if they were covered in fire. Using the surface area of the human body, along with the thickness and thermal conductivity of human skin. William Afton during the time of this feat (the burning down of Fazbear Fright) was mostly a robot made of metal and whatever material an animatronic would be made of. So the calc wouldn't apply to him.

Yes, William was a human at one point, but not much of his old, rotting corpse remains. So he still wouldn't have the required surface area.
Alright, thanks

Anyways, since Monty is gonna be 9-B, I think it’s important that this also applies to his durability with the default justification
and it wouldn’t hurt if we knew what value him catching the giant bucket would have had either

Mmmm i doubt durability does. Nothing implies him or freddy to be stonewalls without those claws and the claws are treat more as a weapon. Bit like how you can use a rl hammer or bat and still not take (all of) the force of it.

Anyway the downgrades seem good to go. Anybody want to apply them?

Theyre claws. They mostly attack using sharpness, not just force. Theres even cases like mcu black panther being 6-C with his claws.

I'm honestly surprised that a series with massive metal robots as the main antagonists doesn't have more 9-B feats, but this seems good. 9-C for the average animatronic, 9-B for Monty and Freddy.

William being 10-A makes sense, as Vanny (the only other human killer) is also 10-A.

A quick question, what about the VR animatronics? They're not actual robots, they're data in a video game. Dreadbear is Low 7-C via size, but then Glitchtrap is 10-C for being data, despite them both existing in the same game. Does this need reworked?

Well, they are designed to entertain kids so it sorta makes sense.

Not sure though. You could say hes 10-C but that level within the game. But thats for a different revision.

Last edited:
Theyre claws. They mostly attack using sharpness, not just force. Theres even cases like mcu black panther being 6-C with his claws.
Well it’s not about being 6-C with claws, it’s that you can harm something 6-C with piercing damage
the problem is, piercing damage doesn’t come into play when the entire chain gets completely smashed instead of just cut
technically this is just a logical oversight from the devs, and there’s nothing suggesting that hooking up Monty claws to a robot gives it a higher striking strength or anything

I'm honestly surprised that a series with massive metal robots as the main antagonists doesn't have more 9-B feats, but this seems good. 9-C for the average animatronic, 9-B for Monty and Freddy.

William being 10-A makes sense, as Vanny (the only other human killer) is also 10-A.

A quick question, what about the VR animatronics? They're not actual robots, they're data in a video game. Dreadbear is Low 7-C via size, but then Glitchtrap is 10-C for being data, despite them both existing in the same game. Does this need reworked?
the note on dreadbear's profile addresses that

also William being 10-A is still odd, given that he literally rips animatronics apart bare handed, and does it fast enough to wear they can't fight back or run away

also William being 10-A is still odd, given that he literally rips animatronics apart bare handed, and does it fast enough to wear they can't fight back or run away
superhuman william afton stays boys??!?!?!?

penguinz0-yeah-baby.gif

For afton. He again, knows the mechanics of the robots and how to dismantle them, plus has unknown tools on him. The image you get from the scene isnt exactly saitama style one shotting them either. Maybe he could be 10-A possibly 9-C

For the claws. Theyre still treat as the only way they can break them and the claws would only be 20 times peak of normal street level. Its not much different from a human wielding a hammer to do something assuming piercing doesnt come into play

@Gewsbumpz_dude @DaReaperMan what do you guys think about the claws being the only way to destroy chains? Think they scale to dura?

If Monty has an animation that has him kicking the chains to break thenm, it'd scale only to him. If it's just the claws... I don't know. What I do know however that what is put on Freddy is the outer shell part, as Monty still has hands, so it's more then likely it only scales to the claws if I remember correctly.

monty in his animation just swipes upwards to break down the gates, likely to break the chains. I think i just remembered things wrong with the kicking.
And yeah, monty still has hands after losing those claws so the claws are a part of the outer shell.

You know what, I take back what I said about the outer shell of the Rockstar animatronics being cosmetic, using Monty claws as an example.

So would the outer shell of monty scale to the claws dura? The claws can be separate from the rest of the outer shell and are sorta special so im not sure.

You know what, I take back what I said about the outer shell of the Rockstar animatronics being cosmetic, using Monty claws as an example.
The reasonable thing is that Monty is an obvious exception since every animatronic’s shell is what is different about them, and also they literally gave him functioning claws which isn’t something they do for all of them

For afton. He again, knows the mechanics of the robots and how to dismantle them, plus has unknown tools on him. The image you get from the scene isnt exactly saitama style one shotting them either. Maybe he could be 10-A possibly 9-C

For the claws. Theyre still treat as the only way they can break them and the claws would only be 20 times peak of normal street level. Its not much different from a human wielding a hammer to do something assuming piercing doesnt come into play

@Gewsbumpz_dude @DaReaperMan what do you guys think about the claws being the only way to destroy chains? Think they scale to dura?
The problem is that it’s literally just the claws, which are completely non comparable to a hammer in weight or size, and piercing definitely doesn’t come into play considering the chain pretty much just explodes
It’s better to argue that it was just bad writing, since it’s fairly obvious to everybody that if you can make something blow up while wearing claws, then you can definitely do it without wearing claws. There’s no kind of rpg stat amp implied from them, maybe the reason is something dumb like maybe he didn’t want to scratch his normal hands up breaking the chains, or he just didn’t know he could do it, but you can’t just go through all the effort of applying physics calculating, but only then, when it’s CONVENIENT switch to the argument of it being fiction and you can’t say that Freddy should be 9-B without the claws logically. As I said, it’s merely PIS since obviously the main focus of the FNaF devs isn’t the power scaling or anything, and if Freddy said “I’m not fast enough to chase down that tortoise without roxy’s legs!!” or something I think we can agree that nobody would buy it at all

Also the robots were roaming free and had literally attempted to kill night guards before they met purple guy, so I doubt they just stood there and let him take out his engineering kit and unscrew them, he’s def not 10-A

If the profiles are going to have consistency, we use “it’s fiction my guy” as a LAST resort in case there is absolutely no kind of explanation in the series for why something has to be the way it is, until then, things that blatantly don’t add up for the sake of moving the plot forward, aren’t going to be taken into consideration for a downgrade

The reasonable thing is that Monty is an obvious exception since every animatronic’s shell is what is different about them, and also they literally gave him functioning claws which isn’t something they do for all of them
Basically "it's against my argument so it's wrong" is what your saying. Right.

You made a general statement about all animatronics due to the unique shell of one
This is a clear cut logical fallacy and you should have already know that before posting it
Monty's outer shell is precisely why can do his feat. Why should the other animatronics be any different?

Monty's outer shell is precisely why can do his feat. Why should the other animatronics be any different?
Because they are literally different shells
for example Roxy has a tail that seems to be made of different material, Freddy has a lighter in his finger, and Chica makes sounds that don’t come with the endoskeleton
every one is different externally, even if they do have the same endoskeleton. This should not have been something I needed to argue

Oh so then they don't scale to eachother in any way? Cause that's what your arguing RN lmao
if you’re referring to the animatronics shells then they scale to eachother by having the same endoskeleton obviously, while the shells don’t really matter. You are arguing something irrelevant as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back