• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Post-Crisis Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the calc has been accepted, I have updated his Post Crisis page.

I expect there to be a decent number of minor issues popping up about his page later, and I still need to reword a lot of the summaries and notable techniques, so I request that his profile be left unlocked for the time being.

I'd like it left open for now, in case people bring up any objections about the updated page.

So, in another thread it was pointed out by MrKing that Aquaman being able to bypass Manhunter's defenses and the bit where he is portrayed as inferior to Atlantans in telepathy is inconsistent.

Could a DC supporter confirm or deny this? If so I will remove the scans from his page as well as his resistance negation.

MMH is one of the most inconsistent characters in DC. However his high end/semi-consistent feats are much better than anything an Atlantan has done to my knowledge.

I think that is an inconsistency, yes. MMH is generally portrayed as an extremely powerful telepath, well beyond Aquaman's control over sea life, as far as I am aware.

Yeah, no way is Aquaman's telepathy on part with Martian Manhunter's. MMH is a character who was stated to have power that exceeds Superman's, and consistently mind haxes 2-A characters. So either it's either PIS or CIS; Martain Manhunter rarely does go all out with his mind manipulation, but when he does, it's really broken.

Thank you for the feedback, I'll update the profile.

Hopefully more threads/discussions will help weed out inconistent scans.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, no way is Aquaman's telepathy on part with Martian Manhunter's. MMH is a character who was stated to have power that exceeds Superman's, and consistently mind haxes 2-A characters. So either it's either PIS or CIS; Martain Manhunter rarely does go all out with his mind manipulation, but when he does, it's really broken.
Mindhaxing 2-As was debunked some time ago.
Although, generally speaking, J'onn's consistent upper-level feats are still well beyond what a lot of (non-godly) telepaths in DC can do, and to my knowledge he's shown to be mentally superior to the rest of the JLA more times than they've been shown resisting him by themselves.

Ok if he is at most 4-b, doesn't that mean his punches should at least bleed Triumph and Maxima. He also didn't fight any white martian hand-to-hand (him giving a seizure to Zum is an impresive feat,nontheless).

They are both in the same class as superman, and Orin's punches did little to no damage to them.

Also has anyone mentioned his latent potential. If you remember, in PADs Aquaman issue 25, Accord has mentioned that what Arthur did to Tiamat was a pale shadow of what he could be.

Does this go for all of his powers, his magical potential (his father is a powerful mage) or just his telepathy ?

I know I'm super late here. But I just saw the stuff bout telepathy

His telepathy has sent Superman into shivers before, Give a white Martian a Migran, and Manhunter has even admitted Aquaman having the strongest mind he has ever seen. Plus the fact Aquaman has read into his mind without MM permission. Then adding Martian wasn't able to break into Atlantis mind due to their minds just being naturally much stronger. Plus Aquaman has had impressive telepathy feats of his own. Even once broke out of swamp things mind iirc.

MM has shown to be superior to the other JL members sure. But has he ever show this against Aquaman? I don't recall. It seems Aquaman is made to be telepathy superior to the JL and at least comparable to John

This is a pretty sizeable necro. While you both may have points, the site rules require that you make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back