• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fixing Post-Crisis Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antvasima said:
Has it ever been explicitly stated that he can make the ocean life characters he controls stronger, or is it just an inconsistency in the writing?
From my limited knowledge on the verse I'd chalk it up to inconsistency rather than a notable power.

I agree that Aquaman's feats outside of his flights with major characters never go anywhere near the tier of prominent Justice Legue members like Supes. "At his peak" seems like the best solution considering his level of power being inconsistent.

@Buttersamuri Do you have a scan for this part. "He had something that can amplify their power with something called "The blue".

Also your Undead, Ice, Weather and Lighting manipulation scans aren't Post-Crisis Aquaman.

Zensum said:
Also your Undead, Ice, Weather and Lighting manipulation scans aren't Post-Crisis Aquaman.
Uh

The zombie one was in the OP, so I'd advise going through the scans in the OP to make sure they were all Post-Crisis.

Yeah, Blackest Night is post-crisis, so if the Undead scan is from that it should be solid.

The undead manipulation is Post crisis. There was this scan too for undead shark.

IMG 4155
As for Ice (this one is the post crisis I believe. Got my scans mixed up)

IMG 4156
Weather manipulation I didn't put any scans exactly. But from what I remember, and what the tridents description was. That's always been a power the trident had

@zensum I do not have scans to it. But "The Blue" is also called "The clear" It's what was talked about a little earlier. It's the equivalent of Swamp Things "The Green" which would be why it is assumed it would be similar and why his fish can do damage to those tiers. But there isn't scans that directly say so. It's simply assumed that way since the powers are very similar

@Buttersamuri Yeah, The Blue is more about how his abilties are able to work/function and where they come from. Aquaman isnt an Avatar as far as I know, so he can't be comapred to Swamp Thing, Arcane ... etc. I've never seen anything that led me to believe he increases the stats of everything hes controlling.

So, for Aquaman w/out the 4-B scaling, with direct feats we have massive tsunamis he created, which should be far above the likes of the Indian Ocean Tsunami, something that had 300 megatons of energy. IDK how to calc a tsunami's energy from the height of the wave it causes, but I have scans of his various tsunami feats in the OP.

I also remember him having had control over all of the world's oceans at some point, which would be approching the high end of 6-A/lower end of High 6-A, if someone can find a scan to support that that would help.

IDK what the lower end of his power would be, Ant suggested that one of his authors had him nowhere remotely near the level of the 4-B pre-crisis characters.

I posted a link to my sandbox above, I would love feedback for what I have so far.

Yeah. Same with his speed "At least X, at most MFTL+". His lifting strength needs to be its own thing though.

I'm nearly done with his profile. For his lower end I just placed him as "higher than the energy of large tsunamis", of which the largest are a little under 7-A+. If there are better feats please mention them here so I can calc them.

Speed I'll also have to calc, which shouldn't take crazy long. The summaries/notable powers sections need to be re-written as they're ripped from the DC Database.

Outside of that, looking for feedback.

For speed I would remove the Superman scan. He outright warns Aquaman to move out of the way. Also remove this sca for durability since that's N52 Aquaman. I'd also trim down the Justice League album to just the Wonder Woman punch, since MMH was the only other 4-B there and he was incapped before the fight began

I'm neutral regarding the upgrades, but if Post-Crisis Aquaman scales, he's kind of in the same boat as Post-Crisis versions of Cyborg and Starfire iirc. I know Post-Flashpoint easily puts them all on Superman and Wonder Woman's level, but Post-Crisis is somewhat inconsistent.

@DDM We're sort of coming in the middle regarding that and saying he is at most comparable to the more prominent JLA members, and is at least whatever his best feats are, which so far consistently come out around 7-A+, although I'm more than willing to accept any feats of his I'm missing.

I also did a calc for the lower end of his speed as opposed to scaling to MFTL+ characters.

Some of the feats still haven't been removed yet, but besides that it looks pretty good.

Qawsedf234 said:
Some of the feats still haven't been removed yet, but besides that it looks pretty good.
Which feats still need to be removed? I thought I got all of the ones that were brought up as invalid.

Its just the speed section (I just didn't reload the page I guess when I wrote my previous comment)

> at most Massively FTL+ (Has dodged attacks from Despero and Superma and fought with a number of Justice League members on occasion)

Superman warns Aquaman to get out of the way before he fires his HV "It is... I can see it. Step aside Aquaman--"

Ah, I'll take that out. Thanks for reminding me; I forgot that we decided that the feat wasn't valid.

Alright, if there are no more objections, are we good on me updating the profile when my calc gets accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back