• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fist of the North Star General CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, as you saw in the linked to page earlier, our standards for supposed lasers being counted as lightspeed are quite strict.

1. "Scouring Light Palm" is pretty much meaningless, and it is clearly a physical attack.

2. None of the rest is.

3. I already made my argument. I don't agree with yours.

1. "Scouring Light Palm" is pretty much meaningless, and it is clearly a physical attack.

2. None of the rest is.

3. I already made my argument. I don't agree with yours.
1 Its not, and already said why.
2 that's true but in the scan we can see the attack.
3 that's not really an argument , although you entitled to your opinion.

This is really coming down to "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" so I'm pretty much done here unless you have any new arguments.

I don't like using untranslated material, and I don't like cherrypicking random feats out of untranslated material to use them when we don't know the context or how it will scale. There's also the matter that a quintillion attacks is a pretty huge jump from MHS, and since the characters don't really have any genuine lightspeed feats, it's a contender for an outlier. (Tento Seiin Ken again, seems to use ki anyways, sorry.)

People are free to agree or disagree with either argument.

Anyway, it is up to Promestein and other staff members to evaluate and accept or not accept the arguments here.

A calc member can try to interpret the lightning feat, also, and calc it if they want. If it's accepted by calc members I don't really care, and MHS+ is more sensible than FTL.

I don't like using untranslated material, and I don't like cherrypicking random feats out of untranslated material to use them when we don't know the context or how it will scale. There's also the matter that a quintillion attacks is a pretty huge jump from MHS, and since the characters don't really have any genuine lightspeed feats, it's a contender for an outlier. (Tento Seiin Ken again, seems to use ki anyways, sorry.)

People are free to agree or disagree with either argument.
"This is really coming down to "yes" "no" "yes" "no" "yes" "no" so I'm pretty much done here unless you have any new arguments."

I agree with you in this one.

"I don't like cherrypicking random feats out of untranslated material to use them when we don't know the context or how it will scale."

As i said before the name of attack is translated, the scan also shows the attack, and it will scale to the top tiers

"There's also the matter that a quintillion attacks is a pretty huge jump from MHS, and since the characters don't really have any genuine lightspeed feats, it's a contender for an outlier."

But they have, the Kenshiro and Han figtht for example, where is show that they fists doesn't have any shadows [3][4] and there's also the Van Der Kool feat which is not a outlier at all since we have countless statements and attacks that back this up. Also HNK being a series that accurately describes the techniques and avoids hyperbole, gives even more credit to the statements and attacks being true.

"(Tento Seiin Ken again, seems to use ki anyways, sorry.)"

Yes Tento Seiin Ken uses Ki (Every martial art in HNK universe does) but also utilizes light, it's in the matial art description

A calc member can try to interpret the lightning feat, also, and calc it if they want. If it's accepted by calc members I don't really care, and MHS+ is more sensible than FTL.
That would be good, but i think the top tiers should have at least likely or possibly FTL in their profile.

Gonna have to agree with Promestein on the Light Speed arguments. The most this thread can get is a likely/possibly but even that depends if everyone else can agree on that proposition.

I'm still all in on what I said regarding the lightning speed stuff earlier above.

I trust Qliphoth's sense of judgement regarding HNK.

Gonna have to agree with Promestein on the Light Speed arguments. The most this thread can get is a likely/possibly but even that depends if everyone else can agree on that proposition.

I'm still all in on what I said regarding the lightning speed stuff earlier above.
Do you are agree with the likely/possibly FTL ?

Light moves at 300 million m/s

Even if the guy's arms were 1 millimeter long he'd still be punching at 100 quadrillion m/s, over 300 million x lightspeed.

Yeah, depending on the actual name of the technique, it will be a enourmous outlier, this guy's nerfed punches would cross the galaxy in 9.5 seconds

Last edited:
Light moves at 300 million m/s

Even if the guy's arms were 1 millimeter long he'd still be punching at 100 quadrillion m/s, over 300 million x lightspeed.

Yeah, depending on the actual name of the technique, it will be a enourmous outlier, this guy's nerfed punches would cross the galaxy in 9.5 seconds
Makes sense, but we didn't know the exactly time frame that Van Der Kool throw the punches though , i'm pretty sure that wasn't in 1 second.
What do you think about the travel speed though ?

Should I ask a few calc group members to help us out here?

Assuming the guy moved 1 milimeter per punch and it too 5 hours to finish the technique, it would be 18 thousand times lightspeed.

Timefram doesn't matter, 100 quintillion is too much

I also trust Qliphoth's words on this matter but uh, I don't think I'm the best guy to ask for calc'ing the lightning-speed stuff.

In any case, carry on.

Well apparently most people are iffy on Lightspeed stuff and agree more with Lightning stuff, i still think they should have the possibly/likely rating, but yeah would be cool if someone could calc the "Kenshiro outruns lightining" feat.

Also, i encountered a calc that put Kenshiro in the Sub Relativistc range I think someone should evaluate this calc.

I wouldn't say strong evidence.

DT seems to have disagreed in the comments already.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Last edited:
And I mean, Han's statement doesn't even need to be hyperbole for it to not be valid, he merely states that no one has been ABLE TO SEE his punches' shadow, not that they don't have shadows at all

What about the lightning feat from Souten no Ken? Or the "One hundred quintillion punches" thingy?
I think it's an outlier
That is not even a lightning feat. Just someone being able to charge electric sparks at his fist.

All other fiction's lightning or laser dodging feats will not include that "thunder punch".

And that "One hundred quintillion punches" is a statement at best, a hyperbole likely, a bluff at worst.

(Sadly) the thousand fist attack is the closest thing other than the cloud splitting punch as a speed feat.

That is not even a lightning feat. Just someone being able to charge electric sparks at his fist.
uh? I'm talking about the Liu Zongwu one
And that "One hundred quintillion punches" is a statement at best, a hyperbole likely, a bluff at worst.
eh, technique names in HNK are mostly literal and reliable, the "light" ones are too, it's just that they don't shoot light but kinda, cover their hands with light, so it being hyperbole or a bluff just doesn't make sense to me and neither does it being a statement, because we actually see the hands (not 100 quintillion for obvious reasons, but still). It being an outlier might be true, but let's not forget the Souten no Ken guy who states he can punch at the speed of light tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back