• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
As a kid I used to think HolyAngemon's Heaven's Gate was op for defeating Piemon and almost defeating BlackWarGreymon.

I used to think Transmutation was broken as hell.

Nowadays...yeah, I'd still say it's pretty broken, seeing as 90% of characters below Tier 7 have like no counter for it.

But no, I don't think it's as OP as I used to.

Time stop in general was probably the first power that I thought was actually OP.

As for a specific ability I used to think Aizen's KS was broken as well but now I realise it's relatively tame compared to some other hax out there.

Yobobojojo said:
Basically the first power you thought was broken, for example, Yhwach's almighty
^This.

It is still pretty broken to be fair, but not as much.

And oh, Immortality too. I used to think that If one character has immortality, they are practically unbeatable.

Time manipulation in general was one of the first that I considered really OP.

The logic was pretty much "you can't kill me if the match start and you find a hole in your head because time stop, are paradoxed, or if you will never touch me due to slow/acceleration"

Then I joined and learned how broken Fungus Manipulation really is

I always saw Portal Creation creation as broken. It confers to Spatial Manipulation, it could be used from a manner of angles, for attack reflection, they could get a portal under themselves to travel anywhere, the list goes on and on.

Also Pain Manipulation.

When I was in my early teens, I used to think Krillin's Kienzan was pretty broken and could cut literally anything.

Yes, that was indeed stupid.

In my late teens, I thought sub-atomic matter manipulation, spatial manipulation, probability manipulation, Aizen's Shikai were all pretty broken.

For real thought i think one hit kill is very broken (*stare to Saitama and Akame*),but i then realize this abilities requires so much function and it not always guarranted you to OHKO your enemies.

Having a liquid or a gaseous body. When I first saw Hydroman appear in the spiderman cartoon, I genuinely couldn't think of how he could be defeated.

Causality manipulation was probably the first, thought Gold Experience Requiem was totally broken, before jojo only watched standard shounen stuff so that was my introduction to series with hax.

My concept of broken has changed a lot since i have been on this site, use to think stuff like matter manipulation or soul manipulation were broken, now i just think those are decent hax, and aren't broken, guess this is what happens when you are into verses where those haxes are common/fodder tier.

Now i also just think causality manipulation is good, not broken.

Nanobots son.

As in, control over flying, self-replicating nanobots that could pull matter apart and restructure it at an atomic level.

I thought that was pretty cool.

As a kid I thought any form of reality warping basically made you unbeatable. Just reality warp your enemies guts out and boom, win.

Stuff like flight and time manipulation were some of the first things young me thought were pretty OP for someone to have

To me it was the power of the Taken from destiny, since that was the first media I really experienced with a lot of hax. Now I still think that, and understand that it's even more busted than I thought back then lol. Other than that, NLF powers like one shot kill and invincibility I thought were unbeatable because I hadn't been introduced to the concept of NLF.

When I was a kid (as in, really young, when I wasn't even in school yet), I thought that Homing Attack was the most broken thing ever. If someone throws a regular attack at you, you can just get out of the way, but how the hell do you dodge something that follows you?

Also: Body Manipulation. Specifically the ones where you could use your streatchiness to take damage. Legit thought Goku couldn't hurt Luffy with physical blows because: "A'm a Rubber Man!"

Back