• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Upgrades

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Been taking with other supporters and staff members; most notably JustSomeWeirdo and Dark649 and they both seem to agree as do a couple others.

There are two calcs (Though, the second one is locked to NF users, but accepted by Matthew Schroeder) that would upgrade the fodder of Marth's timeline to 8-A. There's also this which would upgrade their speed to Massively Hypersonic excepted by quite a few people.

As for other timelines; Roy's, Sacred Stones, and Ike's timelines, they have tanked hits from Bolting. Since Bolting is treated as real lightning, that should at the very least warrant a 8-C rating for those fodder tiers. At the moment, it looks like Ike's timeline might be the weakest canon Fire Emblem universe for the fodder, but there are other possible considerations as well. Bolganone, Meteor, and Bolting all exist in those games as well; although, the animations are less impressive. But that may be a game mechanic limitation; kinda like how Link's bombs had a High 7-A feat from Phantom Hourglass that scales to all temple bosses do to other uses of bombs being game mechanic limitations. Additionally, tomes such as Rexflame and Rexcalibur feature animations just as, if not more impressive than FE4's Bolganone as seen in this video. Rexbolt also features them manipulating a stratosphere and a lightning bolt perceived in slow motion.

In conclusion, FE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15 will be upgraded to 8-A and Massively Hypersonic speed for fodders, and FE 6, 7, and 8 will have fodder upgraded to 8-C. FE 9 and 10 fodder will at least be upgraded to 8-C, but 8-A and Massively Hypersonic speed might also be a possibility for them too.

Additionally, the verses description would need to be changed. The term, "Not very powerful verse" was written a long time ago; when fodder were like Wall level and Subsonic combat speed. Instead, it should say "Decently powerful verse" or something along those lines.

Awesome, maybe we still need a bit more community input, but seems in order so far.

DarkAnine also mentioned that he agrees on my wall, can the changes be applied, or do we still need more community input?

Though, I should ask, how many tons of TNT was the meteor one calc'd at? We'll need someone with access to NF to be able to check that; if it's at least 550 tons (which the Bolganone calc almost does, but not quite), then that will determine whether a "+" sign will be used. I could also get started on the edits if everyone's alright with that, seems just about everyone agrees.

Um....Sigurd wasn't killed by Meteor

Arvis used Valflame (AKA a 6-B attack)

And it took multiple meteors to kill the others

Even then they'd all scale from Finn, who fought alongside both generations

Only reason mach 32 wasn't accepted already was pretty much just "t-too fast.There's no way that Fire Emblem characters are that fast because it destroys my preconceived notions about the series."

I don't think anyone has ever argued that these speeds apply to their regular movement speed.Most of the conflict wouldn't even happen if they could sustain even low supersonic speed over long distances.

I mean yeah,there was that one wanker with the Tokyo Mirage Sessions avi awhile back who did and got this site to accept a ton of upgrades but that's pretty much it.

Mach 107.78+ to be more specific. And 3.8 Kilotons? That's Low 7-C actually.

Also, it was mostly Matthew Schroeder accepting the Bolganone and Meteor calcs that lead to the rest of us accepting them, but the Dragon Vein ones are not combat applicable was the main reason we didn't accept those. But the tomes are for combat, so we could accept those.

I suppose I should get started on applying the edits then.

Im fine with everything, just put at least peak human+ movement speed though (lords and such shpuld have superhuman, in cutscenes they can quickly cross gaps in a few frames).

I thought we were considering 8-A because we had 2 calcs backing it up

But....one of them is Low 7-C (and quite high into it)

I assume we're considering 8-A still, and I agree as I believe there's at least one feat that I believe backs it up... possibly two (Feats being the rock pulverization in Fates and the landslide in Echoes)

Yeah, I too thought Meteor was only 8-A but I still think we're accepting that either way. I already got started and upgraded all the FE 1 characters and Alm. Low 7-C seems a little high unless we're gonna consider the town busting GBA mountain bandits legit. XD

Alright, it took a while but I applied the edits. I also added the new calcs on the verses page, should I go ahead and remove the Ice shattering and meteor dodging links? They're good calcs, but they don't necessarily scale to anyone any more.

Back