• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 3 (Houses): ZA WARUDO is now a green -haired child

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TP please put that image in a spoiler bracket. You literally just spoiled something from the BE route I hadnt seen yet.

Spoilers
"She was actually sickened when Rhea set an entire city to use as a battlefield advantage. Edelgard was very concerned for the well being of the civilians."
Just like how Edelgard willingly sacrifices innocents in other routes. Like are we going to ignore the fact that this Rhea was one driven insane by your betrayal? Or does that not fit the narrative?

"And she personally thought Seiros was a liar and hypocrite was one of her real motivations. And while those were exaggerated, they are still true characteristics of Rhea."

I get liar. However, the lies she told legit only benefit her enemies and it hides the truth of what humanity did to Sothis, Rhea and her people. She is blatantly hiding deep emotional scars of being betrayed by those she trusted and having her people and mother massacred due to greedy humans. Where does hypocrisy come in?

"And even Catherine and Cyril questioned such as tactic."

Yes, they were not driven mad as the Rhea in that particular route was. Rhea who was driven made by being betrayed once agai, by someone she trusted once agai, who used a gift given to her by her mother once agai. Yeah, she snapped.

"She also never wanted the experiments on her brothers and sisters to happen in the first place."

Something Rhea herself had no involvement in. Matter of fact Rhea's experiments were done on created bodies, not innocent people. If Edelgard should be mad at anyone, it's the very people she is working with as they are literally the ones who started everything.

And before someone asks, "Have you played Crimson Flower?", I then ask you, "Have you played any route beyond Crimson Flower?".

Have a nice day.

Spoilers
I'll start with the last part and give more elaborate details on the rest; the people who did experiments also lied to Edelgard and said they were orders from the Church of Seiros. So again, instead of blaming Edelgard, we should be blaming the ancestors and authorities who deceived her. And as for the prior points Rhea herself isn't entirely evil yes, but she was hiding something even deeper. Her true form. Honestly, that should have been something at least known to Byleth. It seemed important to note that she couldn't control her true form, and would have saved Byleth the trouble of getting surprised by it. She should be honest with those she can trust about those dangerous upbringings.

As for the story behind Nemesis, honestly both have inaccurate histories. Yes, the Adrestian Empire was deceived into thinking Nemesis murdered the Goddess for a just cause, when it actuality, he did it for personal gain. But at the same time, the church of Seiros exaggerated his threat level. He never destroyed the world or commited mass genocide on the level being implied, that was the Immaculate One. He commited mass genocide to some extent, but the Immaculate One is the one with the High 6-A feat by burning the surface of the world to ashes. And who is the Immaculate One? I don't need to mention who.

Also, I think it's actually safer to say neither Edelgard nor Rhea are inherently eviler than the other. But at the same time, I'm going to point out that Edelgard actually seems understanding if you go against her and is like heavily surprised when you side with her. She kind of admits that she doesn't deserve your support and is deep down hurt by the people she's risking the lives of. If only she knew the full truth from the beginning, she never would have done anything. However, Hubert and some of the other people Edelgard worked with do seem to be the actual evil ones.

Dimitri may have offered her truce, but Edelgard being deceived she didn't trust him at all. And she also didn't trust Rhea for the aforementioned reasons. Sitting down and talking would have been a wiser tactic yes, but she didn't trust Rhea and thought she was just going to retaliate violently. Also, wasn't Dimitri the one known for the "Kill every last one of them!" meme? Also, even Sothis sided with Edelgard saying she didn't want to be revived based on her daughter Seiros' tactics. Not to mention, Jeralt also initially though Rhea killed Byleth's mother. Might have been the mother's wish and she did nothing wrong, but Jeralt still feared her for that reason.

Spoilers
"I'll start with the last part and give more elaborate details on the rest; the people who did experiments also lied to Edelgard and said they were orders from the Church of Seiros. So again, instead of blaming Edelgard, we should be blaming the ancestors and authorities who deceived her."
Except she can clearly research other events, but not go to Rhea directly and ask her about the experiments. This point seems very wishy washy overall.

"And as for the prior points Rhea herself isn't entirely evil yes, but she was hiding something even deeper. Her true form. Honestly, that should have been something at least known to Byleth."

Why would she need to not hide her true form when it's never important to anything and never once comes up? Why would she objectively need to show anyone her Draconic state?

"As for the story behind Nemesis, honestly both have inaccurate histories. Yes, the Adrestian Empire was deceived into thinking Nemesis murdered the Goddess for a just cause, when it actuality, he did it for personal gain. But at the same time, the church of Seiros exaggerated his threat level. He never destroyed the world or commited mass genocide on the level being implied, that was the Immaculate One. And who is the Immaculate One? I don't need to mention who."

Where did you get this from? This is blatantly false. I will call bullshit on this point right now. Nemesis and the Ten Elites objectively slaughtered the Nabateans (Rhea's people) with only the Four Saints and Rhea surviving. The Immaculate one is never once stated to be the one who slaughtered the Nabateans so I don't even know where this information came from. Nemesis along with the Ten Elites objectively committed mass genocide and used the Blood of the Nabateans with the help of the Agarthans to make crests and used the bones to make the relics.

The Immaculate One destroyed the Agarthans who blatantly challenged and tried to kill Sothis. It was a war and she wiped them out. You know, the main antagonists of this entire story? This is why they live underground. He never destroyed the world, but he did perform mass genocide. Rhea destroyed the Agarthians due to their hubris and the fact that they were attacking them. The Immaculate One also never "Destroyed the world", she destroyed a civilization full of power hungry people who attempted to take everything from them and overthrow Sothis, but not the world.

"She kind of admits that she doesn't deserve your support and is deep down hurt by the people she's risking the lives of. If only she knew the full truth from the beginning, she never would have done anything. However, Hubert and some of the other people Edelgard worked with do seem to be the actual evil ones."

Yes, you can make everyone but Edelgard as the evil ones. However, the fact that she never actually did so much as ask questions or even talk to Rhea before going "lolWar" puts her in a hot seat. Better yet, she had the opportunity to end the war and talk. Dimitri offered a truce which she denied. So she blatantly dodged all her chances for a discussion. }

I edited my post, and I agree that it should be moved to the Discord chat. Since having to add spoiler buttons is getting tedious.

That moment when you oppose the church and the lvl 11 Flayn you had in the party becomes a level 33 bishop.

They grow so fast.

Who is more moral?

Rhea

Edgelord

The poll was created at 21:59 on September 16, 2019, and so far 27 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

And Lysithea is also an ultimate glass cannon similar to what Flayn becomes on El's route. And someone like Caspar or El taking out all those cavalry units or Bernie one shotting flying units also furthers her magic being usable.

So, just fyi. When October starts, I say that plot spoilers should be allowed to be said...it's been almost 2 months now.

Yeah, October's a good time to make the chat more open. Plus, some of us are behind and there's been too many of that early on anyway.

Speaking of range, anyone know if Blue Lions endgame can be cheesed with Retribution? I've been thinking about it for a while after beating it

I've tested Retribution a bit, and the only times where it hasn't worked is when enemies use ballistas, onagers, or magic orbs. Otherwise, it seems to have no range limit or anything like that. In theory, it should work against the BL final boss. Just send out a powerful, tanky physical unit into the fray and watch them sweep up.

Oh yeah, you gotta love the long range punchers. They do kick ass.

We're still working on collecting the feats, but at the very least, most characters are at least Town level scaling from this. But there are other feats mentioned throughout the game that could lead to even higher results. There's also an alleged High 6-A feat mentioned somewhere, but I think there were concerns about it. Byleth will have multiple keys and there is numerous hax mentioned based on the Crest abilities among other things; but his most notable hax is time reversal.

Hmmm...

So in terms of all the playable protags, where would Byleth rank? I know Ike seems to be at the top as the most powerful, so where would By-By rank?

If High 6-A is legit, Byleth would be the strongest iirc. Minus Warriors characters of course.

We aren't sure; the feat comes from a Dragon character allegedly having the ability to "Burn the entire world" but it might be more aligned to Medeus' statement and we aren't sure where exactly. Unless some of the other feats get calculated that is; three houses does appear to have the strongest Mid Tiers in FE though. I will say this, nobody scales from Sothis' true form; who is most likely Low 2-C and Infinite speed.

I think it's safe to say The Immaculate One w/o spoiler tags.

The Javelin's have Cloud Piercing Feats as well iirc. Those would scale to The Immaculate One as she can physically destroy them.

Rhea

Edgelord

The poll was created at 21:59 on September 16, 2019, and so far 27 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...
Surprised that people consider someone who has been doing sh** for 1000 years more moral than a traumatized teenager.

I mean, I could literally go on an entire tyraid on why I consider Rhea more moral than Edelgard after going through and researching all routes. But, I am pretty positive no one wants to see that.

Yeah, the Javelin's feat would scale to the Immaculate one, for sure, and would somewhat scale to Nemesis, the three Lords, Byleth, and a few others.

So, when we get a Flayn profile done...we're going to start a series of threads matching her up against aquatic characters, right?

Flayn craves both fish and victory.

Tbh I believe there ca be a Byleth route where the three houses unite to fight The Church and the other ones. Given that Claude's aim is similar to Edelgard's and Dimitri... Well, we can smack some sense into his skull, somehow.

I just want everyone to be alive lol. I dont want to kill the other students.

I'm pretty sure such as Route is in the DLC, and I have a probable theory one some parts.

What reason is there to fight the Church? What does that accomplish? The Flame Emperor only fought the Church because of lies they were fed about them. They should unite to fight TWSITD instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back