• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 2: Hogwarts, but cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of treating students to meals in the game.

I'm not very far into the game at all, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers still.

But, I did want to share: It will never not be funny to me that Rhea is an instructor for Brawl. I'm playing my main character as a heavy Brawl user so far and it never ceases to amuse me that I'm going to the Archbishop of the church for punching lessons.

XitSign said:
I'm not very far into the game at all, so I'm trying to avoid spoilers still.

But, I did want to share: It will never not be funny to me that Rhea is an instructor for Brawl. I'm playing my main character as a heavy Brawl user so far and it never ceases to amuse me that I'm going to the Archbishop of the church for punching lessons.
Man if i were to spoil you...

The more I play, the less I'm trusting Rhea. I'm very supicious that the spoilers/twist is going to involve her heavily.

...But until I have proof, I'm going to the punch pope for my brawl lessons. I'mma CQC my way through this playthrough.

XitSign said:
The more I play, the less I'm trusting Rhea. I'm very supicious that the spoilers/twist is going to involve her heavily.

...But until I have proof, I'm going to the punch pope for my brawl lessons. I'mma CQC my way through this playthrough.
What house did you chose?

XitSign said:
I'm a Black Eagles man, though I'm slowly stealing students from the other houses.
Ok. I went golden dear, tho i already know how black eagle route goes.

Hopefully you dont get spoil, the game is much more fun that way.

The only thing im gonna say is that the main villians drastically changes depending on the routes.

Oooh, I actually didn't know that the major villians change much via route. Exciting!

I planned on doing every house as a playthrough, but after this hard run I think I'll treat myself to a normal run and enjoy the stories more when doing the other houses. I've had too many close calls on Hard and it's really slowing me down, I want to know more about the plot, ya know?

XitSign said:
Oooh, I actually didn't know that the major villians change much via route. Exciting!

I planned on doing every house as a playthrough, but after this hard run I think I'll treat myself to a normal run and enjoy the stories more when doing the other houses. I've had too many close calls on Hard and it's really slowing me down, I want to know more about the plot, ya know?
Thats good. I my self am a really worn out after doing the golden deer route (im guessing im almost at the end, havent finished it yet). So im taking a break. Very long story

It already feels long and I doubt I'm all that far into the game, It's easy to waste tons of time just managing everything around the Monastary that I forget: "This is a Fire Emblem game, I should be fighting bandits or a mad king or a dragon, or something."

ZephyrosOmega said:
So, supposedly there are some REALLY good feats in this game, of the cloud-splitting and crater-making variety.
Do you consider that impressive? I mean, if we are talking about random NPCs doing it, then i guess it can be considered impressive.

The god tiers of this game are impressive tho. Nothing out of the ordinary tho. Just what you expect of canon fire emblem god tiers

ZephyrosOmega said:
Impressive for Fire Emblem, i mean, considering it's mostly a verse of Town-Small City peeps.
In that case the yes. But what tier would splitting clouds be?

Yeah, Cloud feats typically get really could Tier 7/6 results; and sometimes even Tier 5 from Wario Land. But actually, aside from the one Mik spoiled; there are vague statements about being possibly higher than Tier 6. Not saying anyone else scales, but I will say that the existence of a Tier 2 goddess is hinted.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, Cloud feats typically get really could Tier 7/6 results; and sometimes even Tier 5 from Wario Land. But actually, aside from the one Mik spoiled; there are vague statements about being possibly higher than Tier 6. Not saying anyone else scales, but I will say that the existence of a Tier 2 goddess is hinted.
Shh, no spoiling gods... (its likely tier 5 not 2)

Theres definitely tier 6, without a doubt.

It's kinda hinted from the beginning; barely a spoiler at all. Sothis called herself "The Beginning". And I said hinted; not that she is Tier 2.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It's kinda hinted from the beginning; barely a spoiler at all. Sothis called herself "The Beginning". And I said hinted; not that she is Tier 2.
Nah i dont mean to not spoil her, theres... damn its hard not to spoil

Btw, its her times power the same as milas turn wheel? I feel like tgere is no difference between them. I ask cause i dont remember echoes that much.

So far, it looks quite similar. But it's possible Sothis' version is a bit more advanced. She can freeze time and reverse it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
So far, it looks quite similar. But it's possible Sothis' version is a bit more advanced. She can freeze time and reverse it.
Nice. I just needed to know milas version, i haven't played that game in a while

Bring me images, bois. I wanna replace Rudolf with a Three Houses-themed picture.

Its going to take a while doing all 4 routes. Im 30 hours in and im finally at the end of golden deer. 3 more routes to go. Damn i have no life.

Join the no life club Ovrhide.

I am going through the Church Route twice in order to make it easier to recruit all the Black Eagle characters I want for my other routes in NG+ lol.

Didn't one review say it should take around 80 hours just for each full playthrough of each house? That probably includes all the side quests and everything, but still. Also, I started with Black Eagles solely because of Edelgard; though having the most magic users is also a plus.

I've been watching a let's try to see if the game was worth buying, and man, I didn't expect a ZA WARUDO reference in the first 30 minutes lol (In the manga, when someone stops time it's represented as everything becoming blue exactly like it happened in the game)

Depends on what you do and how long each map takes you. I'd say 30-40 hours per story is more accurate.

That's about how long most FE games take, but Three Houses does have a bunch of side quests compared to other games in the series. Plus, a lot of Nintendo Switch games as of late have been super long compared to the rest of their franchises as of late.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Join the no life club Ovrhide.

I am going through the Church Route twice in order to make it easier to recruit all the Black Eagle characters I want for my other routes in NG+ lol.
Going through the church route twice is a must if you want the full story of the black egles.

Edit: oops, i took church as black Eagles, im stupid. Going through the black eagle route twice is a must. Corrected

Happy to join, what do i get?

btw if the Season Pass is anything to go by, there will be a 5th story released next year in April. I think we all can guess what they story will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back