• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, All Might got upgraded, which lets me do this.

Speed Equalized

High 7-A Child Link vs 6-C Weakened All Might

Child Hero: Is >King Dodongo who can tank 3.672 gigatons bombs in his stomach. Has higher versatility. 1 (GiverOfThePeace)

Muscular Hero: Basically Baseline. Has higher experience. 3 (Weiss, MirioTogata, Starter Pack)

All Might Pose
Young Link SSBU

I'd say All Might

Prime All Might still has a solid AP advantage

Combine that with better expirience and he should have this considering more versatility wasn't an issue fighting AFO

So the AP argument doesn't really matter.

And lets be honest, AfO didn't use his versatility in the fight. At all.

No it absolutely does

All Might performed it while his Embers were out and bleeding from the mouth up

Embers still up should be at least somewhat higher

Fine.

Also, because the page doesn't divide the abilities, this Link only has:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Master Swordsman and Shield Wielder, Expert Marksman, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire with Din's Fire), Teleportation (Via Ocarina Songs and Farore's Wind), Barrier Creation (Via Naryu's Love), Can see and attack ghosts, Can penetrate illusions, Perception Manipulation, and can see through things with the Lens of Truth, Can manipulate the weather (Via Song of Storms), Resistance to Transmutation (Can spend a long time deep in the Lost Woods without becoming a Skull Kid or Stalfos and isn't a Kokiri).

I only see two things that ''may'' give him a good advantage. Teleportation and Perception manipulation. No idea what the specifics of them are tho.

For Teleportation, he can put a ball of light where he stands and he can teleport back there. No idea where perception manip is from, but he probably resists that, not that he has it.

The barrier is indestructible and it protects Link from any damage, and when it's used by his adult self, it can block High 6-C attacks, though it can't block the High 5-A attacks from the final boss.

Din's fire is an AoE fire spell that burns everything around Link.

I'mma...I'm gonna come in and put my vote for All Might FRA. Mainly because of his overall experience and AP.

I see literally nowhere that All Might has superior experience to Child Link, since at his prime would be end of OoT, which doesn't change his tiering as he doesn't have the MS nor the sage amps, so he has the experience of his adult self + his child adventures. I also don't see how Naryu's love won't help Link here when it's capable of resisting hits from Ganondorf(not completely but the amount of damage he does is lessened). Only advantage I see for All Might is AP but attacks such as Din's fire which induce burning should help Link there.

Child Link is only till the moment he takes the Master Sword. After that, he's High 6-C for fighting late minibosses. Ha also still has the sages amp. So All Might still has the experience advantage, as he trained for years before fighting All for One and getting weaker. Only adult Link has shown that kind of power when using Nayru's love, so we can't scale it to child Link, but given the comparable APs, it would still work fine.

If he's High 6-C for fighting late mini bosses why is his profile still rated High 7-A only? Link's also arguably more gifted then All Might in combat as he could use a sword casually without any implication he's trained with it beforehand. Why exactly can't we scale a literal magic spell to both? Nothing impliess the magic sspell is weaker when Child Link uses it. They both take the exact same magic consumption and amount of power when using din's fire and farore's wind.

But Young Link doesn't have the master sword nor is amped by sages medallions after defeating Ganon because the sages no longer need to give him power.

Because this is Child Link prior to taking the Master Sword, who's still High 7-A. His High 6-C doesn't have a key because it'd be redundant. Doesn't change that All Might is more experienced. A ton of training for years > Being able to immediately use weapons. Because it's gameplay mechanic. If we truly applied that, we would have High 6-C (or even High 5-A) Child Link, which is just untrue.

Anyway, your Nayru's love and Din's fire argument from before seems legit, so I'm counting your vote for now.

How is it a gameplay mechanic when in lore they state how skilled he is with the sword? Why would it be either tier....? Post Ganon battle he carrries none of that strength as he loses the Master Sword as an amp(which already in lore is shown to be what's amping Link) and no longer has the sage medalion amps as they do not help him in battle. Him fighting late game bosses could just be chalked up as sage amps.

I'm quite sure that statement is only for adult Link, but I never argued that Link being able to use every wepon nearly instantly is game mechanic.

Because High 6-C is basically a mix of the other two tiers, and whatever ability you choose to put there would be completely arbitrary and, as such, unacceptable in this wiki.

Post Ganon battle he goes back in time and loses/gives away all of his weapons as we see in MM's intro. He doesn't even have the spells anymore.

Child Link fighting late bosses IS because he's amped by the medallions, but he doesn't have them here.

It's used for young Link too. Adult Link is just consistently referred to as "growing up" mentally from his child self despite still harboring his child concious.

I don't think get where the "mix of two tiers gains High 6-C" comes from. Can you elaborate on this part, "and whatever ability you choose to put there would be completely arbitrary and, as such, unacceptable in this wiki."

MM's intro is a bit after Ocarina of Time. He doesn't immedieatly give up all of his weapons after the end of OoT, Zelda even comments in the MM cutscene about the days the spent together. So I don't see why he'd suddenly lose all his weapons.

I never said he does here.

Back