• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Finale] Ness vs Turbo mecha sonic

Javenplayz253

He/Him
Javen slowly approached the host's room making his heart beat more faster and opened the door and realized something he wasn't getting out anytime soon, as soon as he entered an master emerald Powered Rewrite sealed him into the emerald
Laughing.
Thiugh the laser frogman came and busted the door open and engaged in an fight with the .exe who only laughed
"I'M GOING TO HAVE FROG LEGS TONIGHT! HAHAHHAA"
Only time can tell what happens to him...
Rules stated... You know what's going on by now
(Profiles will be linked later
Ok: 5

Tms: 1

Incon (Wheel spin):

Last edited:
Ness is 15 Kilotons and Mecha 28.32415 while Ness is Class M and Mecha Class 5. So Mecha is almost 1.9x stronger AP wise but gets LS stomped. Ness has a lot going for him here having the Rust Promoter which rusts and damages metallic enemies along with PSI powers like paralysis and hypnosis. TSM does have his teleportation, but Ness has AOE and can deal with any projectiles he tries with shields that reduce and reflect damage, so Mecha Sonic is gonna be forced to try close range in which he’s susceptible to being damaged by all Ness has. Ness also has healing/mid-low regen, telekinesis which combined with LS could let him yoink the Chaos Emeralds, bombs, curse manipulation, the Franklin Badge, and of course PK Flash and its effects.

I’m curious just how Turbo Mecha Sonic can stand up to all this, so I’ll wait and see.

Last edited:
Ness is 15 Kilotons and Mecha 28.32415 while Ness is Class M and Mecha Class 5. So Mecha is almost 1.9x stronger AP wise but gets LS stomped. Ness has a lot going for him here having the Rust Promoter which rusts and damages metallic enemies along with PSI powers like paralysis and hypnosis. TSM does have his teleportation, but Ness has AOE and can deal with any projectiles he tries with shields that reduce and reflect damage, so Mecha Sonic is gonna be forced to try close range in which he’s susceptible to being damaged by all Ness has. Ness also has healing/mid-low regen, telekinesis which combined with LS could let him yoink the Chaos Emeralds, bombs, curse manipulation, the Franklin Badge, and of course PK Flash and its effects.

I’m curious just how Turbo Mecha Sonic can stand up to all this, so I’ll wait and see.
How exactly does the rust promoter work? Is it some kind of projectile that could be dodged, would it be able to bypass forcefields?

In terms of AP, Mecha upscales from his value and can amp with the emeralds, so he’ll be quite a bit stronger, though LS is definitely not in his favor

How much do the shields reduce damage by? Since with Mecha’s AP advantage his attacks will still probably deal sizable damage, and with his stamina he can likely keep it up for long enough to wear Ness down

The curse sounds like it’s just poisoning, which probably wouldn’t work (Unless it’s been shown to be able to poison robots in-game), the emeralds are inside of Mecha, so Ness not only wouldn’t know about them, but taking them would be equivalent to ripping a person’s organs out (Probably not something he’d resort to quickly and Mecha still outranges anyway, so if even if Ness did find out about the emeralds and decide to take them, he wouldn’t be able to) some of PK flash’s effects like “feeling strange” and crying are resisted, and Franklin badge’s electric reflection would only work on one of Mecha’s attacks which he doesn’t really use often anyways (And it’s close range), a lot of Ness’ other equipment either doesn’t help, or are way too close-range for Ness to be able to get them off

Assuming paralysis and hypnosis can affect robotic enemies, then this match sounds similar to Plague Demon where Mecha’s got a lot going against him up close, but similar to that match, info analysis will tell Mecha that close range against the guy who has multiple “screw you, you lose” options would be a bad idea, so he probably sticks to long range combat like he did against PD. Ness can reduce the incoming damage with shields and heal some of it off, but his healing items are rather limited and he doesn’t actually have a way of closing the gap should Mecha fly out of range. Ness hasn’t shown utility in-combat with his teleportation (And even if he did Mecha has his own teleportation with even longer range), Mecha meanwhile has plenty of options for attacking from such a range, and has plenty of stamina to keep up his assault.

Also I was going to say this in the lore I was doing yesterday, but seeing as this bracket’s probably going to finish before it’s done, I’ll just say it here; Since Mecha’s not mentioned in the prologue at all, nor does he show up in any of the other lore, I’d like to think that unlike all of the other contestants, who know about and are actively participating in the tournament, Mecha Sonic was just snatched and thrown in without being told anything and just beats up whoever he sees (Which just so happens to like up with the tournament matches)

Also I was going to say this in the lore I was doing yesterday, but seeing as this bracket’s probably going to finish before it’s done, I’ll just say it here; Since Mecha’s not mentioned in the prologue at all, nor does he show up in any of the other lore, I’d like to think that unlike all of the other contestants, who know about and are actively participating in the tournament, Mecha Sonic was just snatched and thrown in without being told anything and just beats up whoever he sees (Which just so happens to like up with the tournament matches)
Rewrite does love his trolling

How exactly does the rust promoter work? Is it some kind of projectile that could be dodged, would it be able to bypass forcefields?

In terms of AP, Mecha upscales from his value and can amp with the emeralds, so he’ll be quite a bit stronger, though LS is definitely not in his favor

How much do the shields reduce damage by? Since with Mecha’s AP advantage his attacks will still probably deal sizable damage, and with his stamina he can likely keep it up for long enough to wear Ness down

The curse sounds like it’s just poisoning, which probably wouldn’t work (Unless it’s been shown to be able to poison robots in-game), the emeralds are inside of Mecha, so Ness not only wouldn’t know about them, but taking them would be equivalent to ripping a person’s organs out (Probably not something he’d resort to quickly and Mecha still outranges anyway, so if even if Ness did find out about the emeralds and decide to take them, he wouldn’t be able to) some of PK flash’s effects like “feeling strange” and crying are resisted, and Franklin badge’s electric reflection would only work on one of Mecha’s attacks which he doesn’t really use often anyways (And it’s close range), a lot of Ness’ other equipment either doesn’t help, or are way too close-range for Ness to be able to get them off

Assuming paralysis and hypnosis can affect robotic enemies, then this match sounds similar to Plague Demon where Mecha’s got a lot going against him up close, but similar to that match, info analysis will tell Mecha that close range against the guy who has multiple “screw you, you lose” options would be a bad idea, so he probably sticks to long range combat like he did against PD. Ness can reduce the incoming damage with shields and heal some of it off, but his healing items are rather limited and he doesn’t actually have a way of closing the gap should Mecha fly out of range. Ness hasn’t shown utility in-combat with his teleportation (And even if he did Mecha has his own teleportation with even longer range), Mecha meanwhile has plenty of options for attacking from such a range, and has plenty of stamina to keep up his assault.

I think it’s a sort of spray, it’s stated to quickly rust any machines, so if the forcefields are mechanical in anyway they’re toast. But Ness only has one use, but given Mecha’s a robot it’s likely Ness uses it to begin before forcefields are put up. He also has a Rust Promoter DX.

The amps could be a problem, though Ness has plenty of hax and defensive/healing options to stop that making him lose.

Shields can either cut all physical damage in half three times or reflect depending on which Ness places on himself. As for outlasting, that could be very difficult with Ness having several healing items, Lifeup, and Defense Spray which raises defense and can be stacked up to three times.

It’s specified as curse manip and I’d assume it works on robots given Ness does fight them in game and I can’t find anything contradictory to that point. I think it’s like a curse that does poison damage rather than a straight up poison, like TSM starts decaying a little. The emeralds being inside Mecha does put a damper on things though. But if Ness ever cracks him open with say a bat, he could find his power source and put things together to take it once he gets the chance. Mecha shouldn’t be prepared for his telekinesis. Not sure Mecha resists, PK Flash is more status effect inducement than empathic manip. Crying and feeling strange are more for reducing accuracy, so I think they would still work. Though strangeness just makes you accidentally hit allies so it may be useless here. And of course there’s the chance Mecha gets hit with the hundreds of meters of AOE and gets instantly defeated.

Just how does Mecha Sonic’s information analysis work? The way it’s described, it doesn’t say it gives him knowledge of an opponents abilities and hax, just objects, energy, and vitals. I have doubts Ness will really give him the time to go over all his options given how many there are. Plus even with knowledge, AOE from a combat and decision making genius like Ness could eventually screw him. Ness has the Teddy Bear and Super Plush Bear to take damage for him if Mecha tries range spam, and there’s tens of healing items on him so he has plenty of time to figure something out. There’s also multiple tools Ness has which can solidify Mecha on contact.

Basically him in SMBZ

I was busy yesterday, chill bro

At least this time I'm not on mobile, so yay
I think it’s a sort of spray, it’s stated to quickly rust any machines, so if the forcefields are mechanical in anyway they’re toast. But Ness only has one use, but given Mecha’s a robot it’s likely Ness uses it to begin before forcefields are put up. He also has a Rust Promoter DX.

The amps could be a problem, though Ness has plenty of hax and defensive/healing options to stop that making him lose.

Shields can either cut all physical damage in half three times or reflect depending on which Ness places on himself. As for outlasting, that could be very difficult with Ness having several healing items, Lifeup, and Defense Spray which raises defense and can be stacked up to three times.

It’s specified as curse manip and I’d assume it works on robots given Ness does fight them in game and I can’t find anything contradictory to that point. I think it’s like a curse that does poison damage rather than a straight up poison, like TSM starts decaying a little. The emeralds being inside Mecha does put a damper on things though. But if Ness ever cracks him open with say a bat, he could find his power source and put things together to take it once he gets the chance. Mecha shouldn’t be prepared for his telekinesis. Not sure Mecha resists, PK Flash is more status effect inducement than empathic manip. Crying and feeling strange are more for reducing accuracy, so I think they would still work. Though strangeness just makes you accidentally hit allies so it may be useless here. And of course there’s the chance Mecha gets hit with the hundreds of meters of AOE and gets instantly defeated.

Just how does Mecha Sonic’s information analysis work? The way it’s described, it doesn’t say it gives him knowledge of an opponents abilities and hax, just objects, energy, and vitals. I have doubts Ness will really give him the time to go over all his options given how many there are. Plus even with knowledge, AOE from a combat and decision making genius like Ness could eventually screw him. Ness has the Teddy Bear and Super Plush Bear to take damage for him if Mecha tries range spam, and there’s tens of healing items on him so he has plenty of time to figure something out. There’s also multiple tools Ness has which can solidify Mecha on contact.

Basically him in SMBZ
The forcefields are made of energy, so... idk? They can't rust, if that's what you mean. Also since the starting distance is 100 meters and Ness' hundreds of meters of range is only with PSI powers, it wouldn't even be useful until Mecha decides to get close or Ness closes the distance.

Sure, but the healing items are limited (More limited than Mecha Sonic's stamina) and the defensive options only help so much when Mecha's over twice as strong with emerald amps (Meaning Ness is effectively taking attacks from someone equal to him in stats with shields up)

I'd prefer seeing proof that they can affect robots, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, they also don't have the same long range as Ness' PSI powers, so Mecha or Ness would need to close the distance before it can even have a chance of working, plus given its description of creating ooze to do the effect, it's probably dodgeable anyway. Cracking Mecha Sonic open will be hard given his ~2x dura advantage and ability & willingness to teleport away from any hits

Sure, PK Flash is listed as status effect inducement, but its effects in practice are empathic manip, hundreds of meters AoE will be harder when Mecha can teleport with far more range (And spams said teleportation) and can attack from outside of said range

Honestly, it's never really explained in-series and kind of just does whatever the plot needs it to at the time, I'm not saying it will tell Mecha Sonic everything about all of Ness' abilities (Also I didn't see Ness' dimensional storage for his items, so Mecha won't be able to scan those at all), more so just a basic idea of Ness so Mecha doesn't think he's fighting just some normal kid

As for other options, paralysis could be a problem, since it'd hard counter Mecha's greater mobility granted by flight, and with the starting range, is something Ness could potentially open with, however while Mecha wouldn't be able to move, he'd still be able to think, (Seeing as enemies can still use PSI abilities when paralyzed) and thus, teleport out of range (Since his only other option would be sit there and let himself get destroyed) and, if anything is going to encourage Mecha to play the range game, it's going to be the knowledge that his opponent can paralyze him with a thought if he gets too close.

And honestly, a lot of Ness' equipment isn't too dangerous, the potentially dangerous stuff, like poison or rust, is dodgeable, which will be pretty easy with teleportation, and PSI powers are noted to require concentration, meaning if Ness is injured enough to have to use a healing item, Mecha, given his oppressive fighting style, could use that opportunity to get in close and, not only try to prevent Ness from healing, but since he'd be both hurt and focused on holding off the robot who's now right on top of him and isn't giving him any breathing room, would have a harder time getting the concentration to pull off one of his PSI attacks, and if Ness does get the heal and is prepared, Mecha could always teleport away before it gets too dicey for him and try again.

So, Ness can definitely win, he's got plenty of options and a lot of them are really dangerous if they land, but like with his previous matches, Mecha's own options are great for ensuring that doesn't happen. If Mecha Sonic makes a mistake or misjudges, then he definitely could lose, but I'd say he should win more often than not. Voting Mecha Sonic (Probably high-difficulty)

Also bruh, this character isn't even my submission, who put Mecha in this tournament anyway and why aren't they here?

The forcefields are made of energy, so... idk? They can't rust, if that's what you mean. Also since the starting distance is 100 meters and Ness' hundreds of meters of range is only with PSI powers, it wouldn't even be useful until Mecha decides to get close or Ness closes the distance.

Sure, but the healing items are limited (More limited than Mecha Sonic's stamina) and the defensive options only help so much when Mecha's over twice as strong with emerald amps (Meaning Ness is effectively taking attacks from someone equal to him in stats with shields up)

I'd prefer seeing proof that they can affect robots, but giving them the benefit of the doubt, they also don't have the same long range as Ness' PSI powers, so Mecha or Ness would need to close the distance before it can even have a chance of working, plus given its description of creating ooze to do the effect, it's probably dodgeable anyway. Cracking Mecha Sonic open will be hard given his ~2x dura advantage and ability & willingness to teleport away from any hits

Sure, PK Flash is listed as status effect inducement, but its effects in practice are empathic manip, hundreds of meters AoE will be harder when Mecha can teleport with far more range (And spams said teleportation) and can attack from outside of said range

Honestly, it's never really explained in-series and kind of just does whatever the plot needs it to at the time, I'm not saying it will tell Mecha Sonic everything about all of Ness' abilities (Also I didn't see Ness' dimensional storage for his items, so Mecha won't be able to scan those at all), more so just a basic idea of Ness so Mecha doesn't think he's fighting just some normal kid

As for other options, paralysis could be a problem, since it'd hard counter Mecha's greater mobility granted by flight, and with the starting range, is something Ness could potentially open with, however while Mecha wouldn't be able to move, he'd still be able to think, (Seeing as enemies can still use PSI abilities when paralyzed) and thus, teleport out of range (Since his only other option would be sit there and let himself get destroyed) and, if anything is going to encourage Mecha to play the range game, it's going to be the knowledge that his opponent can paralyze him with a thought if he gets too close.

And honestly, a lot of Ness' equipment isn't too dangerous, the potentially dangerous stuff, like poison or rust, is dodgeable, which will be pretty easy with teleportation, and PSI powers are noted to require concentration, meaning if Ness is injured enough to have to use a healing item, Mecha, given his oppressive fighting style, could use that opportunity to get in close and, not only try to prevent Ness from healing, but since he'd be both hurt and focused on holding off the robot who's now right on top of him and isn't giving him any breathing room, would have a harder time getting the concentration to pull off one of his PSI attacks, and if Ness does get the heal and is prepared, Mecha could always teleport away before it gets too dicey for him and try again.

So, Ness can definitely win, he's got plenty of options and a lot of them are really dangerous if they land, but like with his previous matches, Mecha's own options are great for ensuring that doesn't happen. If Mecha Sonic makes a mistake or misjudges, then he definitely could lose, but I'd say he should win more often than not. Voting Mecha Sonic (Probably high-difficulty)
Given the starting range and Mecha not being able to scan Ness’ items, I can see a paralysis right into Rust Promoter before Mecha can realize he’s been stunned and think to teleport away. That’ll start with major damage and likely make it easier to beat him since he’d be more susceptible to breaking and as such more likely to reveal the Chaos Emeralds for Ness to take. Mecha has stamina but no ways or repairing damage unlike Ness and not many hax that’ll let him catch Ness off guard. All he really has for that is teleportation and forcefields, but Ness has better shields and could likely plan around teleportation especially given his range with PSI. Plus he has the bears to take damage for him if he needs them and can use the Defense Spray three times.

I can see a PK Flash landing the first time depending on how far Mecha teleports. I don’t think he’ll really go hundreds of meters away the first time Ness uses it. So that’s a good thing for lowering his accuracy or outright incapping him instantly. And for the empathic manip, I don’t think Mecha needs emotions to be forced to cry or whatever the equivalent would be, onions can make you cry without feeling anything besides pain.

The range game seems like it’ll only get Mecha so far when Ness has defenses and attack reflection as well as healing and regen. Given enough clashes between abilities with Ness occasionally needing to refill his HP or PP and Mecha retreating, I think Ness’ll land the hit he needs whether it’s PK Flash or PK Rocking and take Mecha’s emeralds to put them on more even footing and hammer away at him.

Ness can keep going with mortal wounds, so him losing concentration could take a lot on Mecha’s part which I already think will be difficult for him even if he’s physically more inclined.

I’m betting on Mecha making that mistake before Ness does.

Given the starting range and Mecha not being able to scan Ness’ items, I can see a paralysis right into Rust Promoter before Mecha can realize he’s been stunned and think to teleport away. That’ll start with major damage and likely make it easier to beat him since he’d be more susceptible to breaking and as such more likely to reveal the Chaos Emeralds for Ness to take. Mecha has stamina but no ways or repairing damage unlike Ness and not many hax that’ll let him catch Ness off guard. All he really has for that is teleportation and forcefields, but Ness has better shields and could likely plan around teleportation especially given his range with PSI. Plus he has the bears to take damage for him if he needs them and can use the Defense Spray three times.

I can see a PK Flash landing the first time depending on how far Mecha teleports. I don’t think he’ll really go hundreds of meters away the first time Ness uses it. So that’s a good thing for lowering his accuracy or outright incapping him instantly. And for the empathic manip, I don’t think Mecha needs emotions to be forced to cry or whatever the equivalent would be, onions can make you cry without feeling anything besides pain.

The range game seems like it’ll only get Mecha so far when Ness has defenses and attack reflection as well as healing and regen. Given enough clashes between abilities with Ness occasionally needing to refill his HP or PP and Mecha retreating, I think Ness’ll land the hit he needs whether it’s PK Flash or PK Rocking and take Mecha’s emeralds to put them on more even footing and hammer away at him.

Ness can keep going with mortal wounds, so him losing concentration could take a lot on Mecha’s part which I already think will be difficult for him even if he’s physically more inclined.

I’m betting on Mecha making that mistake before Ness does.
Ness would need to close the gap to use the rust promoter (His weapons, which I assume includes his equipment, only have extended melee range, he'd need to be right on top of Mecha to use the rust promoter) and given Ness would need to run at Mecha to do it (Ness' own teleportation hasn't shown any in-combat utility), Mecha will realize pretty quickly that he's paralyzed and can't normally move, especially with speed equalized. Mecha's forcefields are arguably better, seeing as they can no-sell attacks from comparable enemies, while Ness' halve damage, but don't fully block hits, given that and the stat gap, Mecha's forcefields are going to be next to impossible for Ness to bypass conventionally. The bears and defensive options are good, but they can only stall for so long and given Mecha's stamina, he'll be able to outlast them. Sure, he can't heal off any damage, but Ness is going to have an extremely hard time inflicting that damage

Mecha's incapable of feeling emotions and physically incapable of crying, onions wouldn't make something without tear ducts cry, Mecha's teleported completely away when before against Expurgation Tricky, and would likely do the same thing here to at least make space (He's completely paralyzed, what else is he supposed to do) which will allow him to realize Ness' much more limited range in comparison, and given PK flash's random effect, it's not guaranteed that it'd incap (And since Mecha's already on the far edge of Ness' range, teleporting any farther would put him out of Ness' PSI range)

Ness' healing options can only last so long, attack reflection probably won't work if Mecha's out of its range, and he wouldn't try going in close unless he's sure he could kill Ness off of it, given he'd know that Ness could paralyze him at any time and can always teleport to get out of the way of anything nasty, especially given he spams it in-character

What exactly do "mortal wounds" consist of? Because Mecha tends to try to inflict lethal wounds to end fights as fast as possible (Such as ensuring he shot Carol through the head to kill her) so would, say, a bullet through the brain be something he could survive and fight past? Because Mecha is going to be constantly trying to inflict lethal wounds like that (Aided by being able to scan Ness' vitals and organs to know where to hit to inflict those lethal wounds)

Ness would need to close the gap to use the rust promoter (His weapons, which I assume includes his equipment, only have extended melee range, he'd need to be right on top of Mecha to use the rust promoter) and given Ness would need to run at Mecha to do it (Ness' own teleportation hasn't shown any in-combat utility), Mecha will realize pretty quickly that he's paralyzed and can't normally move, especially with speed equalized. Mecha's forcefields are arguably better, seeing as they can no-sell attacks from comparable enemies, while Ness' halve damage, but don't fully block hits, given that and the stat gap, Mecha's forcefields are going to be next to impossible for Ness to bypass conventionally. The bears and defensive options are good, but they can only stall for so long and given Mecha's stamina, he'll be able to outlast them. Sure, he can't heal off any damage, but Ness is going to have an extremely hard time inflicting that damage

Mecha's incapable of feeling emotions and physically incapable of crying, onions wouldn't make something without tear ducts cry, Mecha's teleported completely away when before against Expurgation Tricky, and would likely do the same thing here to at least make space (He's completely paralyzed, what else is he supposed to do) which will allow him to realize Ness' much more limited range in comparison, and given PK flash's random effect, it's not guaranteed that it'd incap (And since Mecha's already on the far edge of Ness' range, teleporting any farther would put him out of Ness' PSI range)

Ness' healing options can only last so long, attack reflection probably won't work if Mecha's out of its range, and he wouldn't try going in close unless he's sure he could kill Ness off of it, given he'd know that Ness could paralyze him at any time and can always teleport to get out of the way of anything nasty, especially given he spams it in-character

What exactly do "mortal wounds" consist of? Because Mecha tends to try to inflict lethal wounds to end fights as fast as possible (Such as ensuring he shot Carol through the head to kill her) so would, say, a bullet through the brain be something he could survive and fight past? Because Mecha is going to be constantly trying to inflict lethal wounds like that (Aided by being able to scan Ness' vitals and organs to know where to hit to inflict those lethal wounds)
I think the way it goes is Mecha flies in close then Ness uses PK Flash by the time he’s within weapon range then the rust. But Mecha teleporting away before that is fair. I just noticed Mecha’s forcefields are stated to be invincible for those on his level so Ness would have to get creative and a bit lucky for it to work. He has his reflecting shields to make Mecha’s own attacks destroy his forcefield, and I’m not sure if it could stop the effects of PK Flash since it’s a pure status effect move rather than a straight up attack. Ness will have a rough time, but that stall time could really help out in the long run.

Lucas is shown on the wiki using PK Flash on a robot. It’s not specified what effect lands there, but his works the same as Ness’. I also found someone talking this robot boss that seems susceptible to crying from PK Flash so I think it’s safe to say PK Flash can work on nonorganic life. It is a bit random, but there’s always that chance that Ness reduces his accuracy, paralyzes, or kills him with it.

Ness can move in to make attack reflection effective, but Mecha range camping is something he’d have to work around over time. Though like how Ness would have trouble hitting him, I think Mecha would have a hard time trying to hit Ness since he has little AOE and Ness has a lot of combat skill/experience including against robots. At some point I think Mecha would have to try Spin Dash or the Light Speed Dash and then Ness could try one of his damage options/hax.

Mortal wounds isn’t specified but I’d assume something like broken bones. I don’t think Mecha would really be able to shoot Ness in the head if he’s gonna be range spamming, plus there’s shields and comparable AP. Piercing damage can only go so far with halved damage. Plus Ness is also gonna be willing to deal fatal blows, so that’s about as much a point in his favor with PK Rocking, bombs, and bats. Also I just started thinking, if Mecha at any point tries his more physical options, he could be beaten by Ness’ overwhelming AP advantage. A Spin Dash could end up with Mecha being crushed like how Gon did that one Chimera Ant.

I think the way it goes is Mecha flies in close then Ness uses PK Flash by the time he’s within weapon range then the rust. But Mecha teleporting away before that is fair. I just noticed Mecha’s forcefields are stated to be invincible for those on his level so Ness would have to get creative and a bit lucky for it to work. He has his reflecting shields to make Mecha’s own attacks destroy his forcefield, and I’m not sure if it could stop the effects of PK Flash since it’s a pure status effect move rather than a straight up attack. Ness will have a rough time, but that stall time could really help out in the long run.

Lucas is shown on the wiki using PK Flash on a robot. It’s not specified what effect lands there, but his works the same as Ness’. I also found someone talking this robot boss that seems susceptible to crying from PK Flash so I think it’s safe to say PK Flash can work on nonorganic life. It is a bit random, but there’s always that chance that Ness reduces his accuracy, paralyzes, or kills him with it.

Ness can move in to make attack reflection effective, but Mecha range camping is something he’d have to work around over time. Though like how Ness would have trouble hitting him, I think Mecha would have a hard time trying to hit Ness since he has little AOE and Ness has a lot of combat skill/experience including against robots. At some point I think Mecha would have to try Spin Dash or the Light Speed Dash and then Ness could try one of his damage options/hax.

Mortal wounds isn’t specified but I’d assume something like broken bones. I don’t think Mecha would really be able to shoot Ness in the head if he’s gonna be range spamming, plus there’s shields and comparable AP. Piercing damage can only go so far with halved damage. Plus Ness is also gonna be willing to deal fatal blows, so that’s about as much a point in his favor with PK Rocking, bombs, and bats. Also I just started thinking, if Mecha at any point tries his more physical options, he could be beaten by Ness’ overwhelming AP advantage. A Spin Dash could end up with Mecha being crushed like how Gon did that one Chimera Ant.
Attack Reflection could potentially just not work due to Mecha being too far away for them to affect, especially when Mecha will be incentivized to do so if he narrowly escapes something like paralysis. Even against enemies he doesn't have reason to range spam, he still starts more with guns/bullets over close combat (So Ness would still have some distance to make up even if Mecha decides to immediately close in and Mecha would still have time to realize if he's been paralyzed)

I see. Regardless, PK flash's effects only last a short while, so Mecha could just wait them out and teleport away from anything big, reduced accuracy might be countered by just how much AoE Mecha's attacks have, since he'll be doing some damage as long as he's firing in Ness' general direction (Which'll be helped by Mecha being able to sense Ness presence like how he could sense Solazar and use that to track him down, meaning accuracy down won't actually be all that bad)

Mecha constantly makes nuke sized explosions with his energy attacks, AoE is something he has no shortage of. Also, on the subject of the light speed attack, how would that interact with speed equalized? It's slightly faster than Ness' unequalized speed, but since speed equal rules are really weird, would it's speed multiplier be reduced to just a solid, but not blitz-level amp? Would it just be off the table completely?

"Ness' overwhelming AP advantage"

Except Mecha's the stronger one? With the emerald amps he's over twice as strong and at no point was Ness ever the stronger one, at that point even with halved damage, Mecha's at best dealing damage equivalent to someone equal to Ness and at worst is still slightly stronger, with equal/slightly inferior AP a bullet is going to tear right through Ness, and with Mecha knowing where to shoot to inflict the most damage, will

Also, since Mecha Sonic's had to fight a bunch of fairly haxed characters (Even his least haxed opponent had access to fire that could melt him down despite his heat resistance)
By 'least haxed opponent with meling attack', you surely don't mean Laser Frogman, the guy who could deal with the speed of light at 7-C level if it wasn't discriminated by lightspeed criteria and you not accepting it at all despite being 100% lightspeed in its lore

Back