• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Finale] Ness vs Turbo mecha sonic

By 'least haxed opponent with meling attack', you surely don't mean Laser Frogman, the guy who could deal with the speed of light at 7-C level if it wasn't discriminated by lightspeed criteria and you not accepting it at all despite being 100% lightspeed in its lore
I think he means stickman hero

Attack Reflection could potentially just not work due to Mecha being too far away for them to affect, especially when Mecha will be incentivized to do so if he narrowly escapes something like paralysis. Even against enemies he doesn't have reason to range spam, he still starts more with guns/bullets over close combat (So Ness would still have some distance to make up even if Mecha decides to immediately close in and Mecha would still have time to realize if he's been paralyzed)

I see. Regardless, PK flash's effects only last a short while, so Mecha could just wait them out and teleport away from anything big, reduced accuracy might be countered by just how much AoE Mecha's attacks have, since he'll be doing some damage as long as he's firing in Ness' general direction (Which'll be helped by Mecha being able to sense Ness presence like how he could sense Solazar and use that to track him down, meaning accuracy down won't actually be all that bad)

Mecha constantly makes nuke sized explosions with his energy attacks, AoE is something he has no shortage of. Also, on the subject of the light speed attack, how would that interact with speed equalized? It's slightly faster than Ness' unequalized speed, but since speed equal rules are really weird, would it's speed multiplier be reduced to just a solid, but not blitz-level amp? Would it just be off the table completely?

"Ness' overwhelming AP advantage"

Except Mecha's the stronger one? With the emerald amps he's over twice as strong and at no point was Ness ever the stronger one, at that point even with halved damage, Mecha's at best dealing damage equivalent to someone equal to Ness and at worst is still slightly stronger, with equal/slightly inferior AP a bullet is going to tear right through Ness, and with Mecha knowing where to shoot to inflict the most damage, will
If Mecha starts with distance, that’s some trouble but also a chance for Ness to inflict PK Flash or do an energy attack. But I do think in the case Mecha is paralyzed it’d be harder for him to realize than for Ness to rust him. Ness is intending to do something with PK Flash and knows the affects while Mecha is just suddenly stopped in the middle of an attack. He’d take longer to react in that situation with equal speed and so be susceptible for just that much more time.

Mecha could wait PK Flash out, but Ness could also do anything from solidifying him, to rusting him with Rust Promoter and Rust Promoter DX, to damaging him with a bat and taking his emeralds. That AOE clarification really helps Mecha’s case, but still reduced accuracy could make him target the wrong direction or target a bear Ness throws out rather than him once Ness realizes how big is attacks are. And yeah, half damage will be on Ness’ side, but we’ve already gone over that.

Speed is equalized to the combat speed of the slower character, so Ness would be massively hypersonic+. I didn’t realize that was Mecha’s speed, so the SOL amp could give him a guaranteed hit if he’s close enough to capitalize on that.

I completely messed up there, I meant LS, they’re easier to confuse since they’re the two strength stats. But I do still think Ness could dodge a bullet even with lower speed than usual. And if his shields up it should just hurt at most, like how Dragon Ball characters react to bullets.

The range game seems like it’ll only get Mecha so far when Ness has defenses and attack reflection as well as healing and regen. Given enough clashes between abilities with Ness occasionally needing to refill his HP or PP and Mecha retreating, I think Ness’ll land the hit he needs whether it’s PK Flash or PK Rocking and take Mecha’s emeralds to put them on more even footing and hammer away at him.

Ness can keep going with mortal wounds, so him losing concentration could take a lot on Mecha’s part which I already think will be difficult for him even if he’s physically more inclined.
Ness has a lot going for him here having the Rust Promoter which rusts and damages metallic enemies along with PSI powers like paralysis and hypnosis. TSM does have his teleportation, but Ness has AOE and can deal with any projectiles he tries with shields that reduce and reflect damage
But if Ness ever cracks him open with say a bat, he could find his power source and put things together to take it once he gets the chance. Mecha shouldn’t be prepared for his telekinesis. Not sure Mecha resists, PK Flash is more status effect inducement than empathic manip. Crying and feeling strange are more for reducing accuracy, so I think they would still work.
I will vote 'OK' just due to all the arsenal methods he has alone, it should be more than enough to grant him the win in most scenarios

If Mecha starts with distance, that’s some trouble but also a chance for Ness to inflict PK Flash or do an energy attack. But I do think in the case Mecha is paralyzed it’d be harder for him to realize than for Ness to rust him. Ness is intending to do something with PK Flash and knows the affects while Mecha is just suddenly stopped in the middle of an attack. He’d take longer to react in that situation with equal speed and so be susceptible for just that much more time.

Mecha could wait PK Flash out, but Ness could also do anything from solidifying him, to rusting him with Rust Promoter and Rust Promoter DX, to damaging him with a bat and taking his emeralds. That AOE clarification really helps Mecha’s case, but still reduced accuracy could make him target the wrong direction or target a bear Ness throws out rather than him once Ness realizes how big is attacks are. And yeah, half damage will be on Ness’ side, but we’ve already gone over that.

Speed is equalized to the combat speed of the slower character, so Ness would be massively hypersonic+. I didn’t realize that was Mecha’s speed, so the SOL amp could give him a guaranteed hit if he’s close enough to capitalize on that.

I completely messed up there, I meant LS, they’re easier to confuse since they’re the two strength stats. But I do still think Ness could dodge a bullet even with lower speed than usual. And if his shields up it should just hurt at most, like how Dragon Ball characters react to bullets.
With equalized speed they'd be reacting at the same speed, and with the distance between them there's no way Mecha wouldn't be able to realize he's been paralyzed and think to teleport away (Which will be incredibly apparent with how mobile he is in-combat, as he'll suddenly stop on a dime and/or drop like a rock, which he'll obviously realize he didn't do on his own) before Ness gets close enough to use his items

Ness wouldn't be able to do any of that if he can't get close to Mecha Sonic, which Mecha wouldn't allow to happen if he's already crippled by PK Flash, and would be very easy for him to do with teleportation, with scanning/sensing it'd be incredibly unlikely for Mecha to fire an attack in the complete wrong direction, miss by a bit, sure, but not completely in the wrong direction. And with Mecha Sonic's AoE (Far outdoing Ness' own) he'd still be dealing damage in that case, and Ness is never going to be escaping an attack unscathed

With the shields up Ness is taking a bullet with, at best, equal AP to his own, and at worst slightly superior AP, which for a more grounded example would be like a near-baseline street level character taking a normal bullet (Spoilers, the Street level character would absolutely die if the bullet was aimed right) the shields are only really useful against energy attacks and Ness will still be taking sizable damage given they're equal to his own AP and Ness isn't getting out of their AoE

By 'least haxed opponent with meling attack', you surely don't mean Laser Frogman, the guy who could deal with the speed of light at 7-C level if it wasn't discriminated by lightspeed criteria and you not accepting it at all despite being 100% lightspeed in its lore
No, I meant Stickman Hero

Cope and Seethe, lasers aren't light speed by default

Also, when I was looking through the earlier matches I saw something about how big a fall would have to be to kill a 7-C character and tried calculating that myself.

Assuming Earth-like gravity and no terminal velocity, and that the character in question is a normal human who would need a final impact equal to 10 kilotons to die, they would need to fall for 32.91 hours, falling a total distance of 68,814,397 kilometers

So, for whichever match that was for, yeah that's not happening

As for the obligatory Mecha cover, I found one that actually has Mecha facing his tournament opponent

What do you mean Sans isn't Ness?

With equalized speed they'd be reacting at the same speed, and with the distance between them there's no way Mecha wouldn't be able to realize he's been paralyzed and think to teleport away (Which will be incredibly apparent with how mobile he is in-combat, as he'll suddenly stop on a dime and/or drop like a rock, which he'll obviously realize he didn't do on his own) before Ness gets close enough to use his items

Ness wouldn't be able to do any of that if he can't get close to Mecha Sonic, which Mecha wouldn't allow to happen if he's already crippled by PK Flash, and would be very easy for him to do with teleportation, with scanning/sensing it'd be incredibly unlikely for Mecha to fire an attack in the complete wrong direction, miss by a bit, sure, but not completely in the wrong direction. And with Mecha Sonic's AoE (Far outdoing Ness' own) he'd still be dealing damage in that case, and Ness is never going to be escaping an attack unscathed

With the shields up Ness is taking a bullet with, at best, equal AP to his own, and at worst slightly superior AP, which for a more grounded example would be like a near-baseline street level character taking a normal bullet (Spoilers, the Street level character would absolutely die if the bullet was aimed right) the shields are only really useful against energy attacks and Ness will still be taking sizable damage given they're equal to his own AP and Ness isn't getting out of their AoE
The paralysis isn’t the only thing that could happen. An accuracy lower at the start could benefit Ness and maybe let him inflict rust, and instant defeat could also happen with a 37.5% chance. Both of those are more likely than paralysis which is only a 12.5% chance.

An accuracy lower could give Ness his chance since Mecha would be missing his shots making him less likely to be able to stop Ness from approaching in any way other than teleporting. And now I’m wondering if the crying would disrupt that, making him go somewhere he doesn’t want to or just making his distance shorter than intended. Those would give Ness the perfect opportunity to get his win cons off.

Actually less than his AP since it’s halved, and Ness still has his Defense Spray to boost how much he can take. If Ness has no way to dodge the bullet, he could always throw a bear at it or place a reflecting shield on himself.

The paralysis isn’t the only thing that could happen. An accuracy lower at the start could benefit Ness and maybe let him inflict rust, and instant defeat could also happen with a 37.5% chance. Both of those are more likely than paralysis which is only a 12.5% chance.

An accuracy lower could give Ness his chance since Mecha would be missing his shots making him less likely to be able to stop Ness from approaching in any way other than teleporting. And now I’m wondering if the crying would disrupt that, making him go somewhere he doesn’t want to or just making his distance shorter than intended. Those would give Ness the perfect opportunity to get his win cons off.

Actually less than his AP since it’s halved, and Ness still has his Defense Spray to boost how much he can take. If Ness has no way to dodge the bullet, he could always throw a bear at it or place a reflecting shield on himself.
I suppose, but any of the effects other than instant defeat would cripple Mecha and lead to him teleporting away (And if his main chance of winning is a 37.5% chance at the start, then that's more in Mecha's favor), it doesn't need to be paralysis, just not instant fainting. (Also, do we treat PP as game mechanics? Since the version of Flash you're talking about has a pretty high PP cost)

Accuracy lowering against explosions that would hit him even if they're off, (Since Mecha would likely resort to his AoE energy attacks over bullets if he notices his targeting is off) assuming PK flash's effect landed is the accuracy lowering as opposed to anything else, would at best only marginally reduce the damage Ness takes since he'd still be caught in the resulting explosion's AoE. And how exactly would the crying lead to him teleporting closer? Does the reduced accuracy affect non-attacking options too? Either way He'll always be able to sense Ness and know his own position relative to him, and even if that does work and he messes up a teleport, he could always just, teleport again. He spams teleportation a lot, and he could just use it repeatedly until he gets his desired result/destination

Mecha's over twice as strong as Ness, Ness' defensive options halve the damage, thus Mecha's bullets are effectively equal to Ness, and since both defensive options are limited by the number of hits they can take, Mecha can wear both down by just shooting more than once, the reflecting shield and bear is similarly just stalling, since Mecha would be out of its range and Ness' items are limited (Far more so compared to Mecha's stamina)

I suppose, but any of the effects other than instant defeat would cripple Mecha and lead to him teleporting away (And if his main chance of winning is a 37.5% chance at the start, then that's more in Mecha's favor), it doesn't need to be paralysis, just not instant fainting. (Also, do we treat PP as game mechanics? Since the version of Flash you're talking about has a pretty high PP cost)

Accuracy lowering against explosions that would hit him even if they're off, (Since Mecha would likely resort to his AoE energy attacks over bullets if he notices his targeting is off) assuming PK flash's effect landed is the accuracy lowering as opposed to anything else, would at best only marginally reduce the damage Ness takes since he'd still be caught in the resulting explosion's AoE. And how exactly would the crying lead to him teleporting closer? Does the reduced accuracy affect non-attacking options too? Either way He'll always be able to sense Ness and know his own position relative to him, and even if that does work and he messes up a teleport, he could always just, teleport again. He spams teleportation a lot, and he could just use it repeatedly until he gets his desired result/destination

Mecha's over twice as strong as Ness, Ness' defensive options halve the damage, thus Mecha's bullets are effectively equal to Ness, and since both defensive options are limited by the number of hits they can take, Mecha can wear both down by just shooting more than once, the reflecting shield and bear is similarly just stalling, since Mecha would be out of its range and Ness' items are limited (Far more so compared to Mecha's stamina)
I still think Ness should be able to do something before Mecha teleports if he’s anywhere close to him. PK Rocking could work. I’m unsure of the PP thing, but Ness’ max is around 600 anyway and he can restore it so the cost is no big deal.

If Mecha is firing in an entirely different direction, how are the explosions gonna hit? I assume Mecha has to manually aim his attacks and teleportation or think where to go, so crying uncontrollably should tamper with that enough for Ness to get some big hits in. Teleporting again and knowing his location relative to Ness wouldn’t really help until the effect is gone since Ness can just use his PSI if he can’t get an exact hit on him. Plus he can try paralysis while that’s happening and get an assured hit with rust or anything else.

Mecha hitting Ness with a bullet still isn’t a sure fire thing, especially him hitting him in such a way to instantly incap him in a way he can’t just heal from. And Ness is actually slightly above Mecha when cut in half, plus he can specifically raise his defense. And like how Mecha can teleport over and over, Ness should be able to place more shields when one runs out. Also on the whole stamina thing, what exactly is the timeframe for Mecha’s planet feat? This could potentially go for hours, so that would be helpful for Mecha actually outlasting Ness.

I still think Ness should be able to do something before Mecha teleports if he’s anywhere close to him. PK Rocking could work. I’m unsure of the PP thing, but Ness’ max is around 600 anyway and he can restore it so the cost is no big deal.

If Mecha is firing in an entirely different direction, how are the explosions gonna hit? I assume Mecha has to manually aim his attacks and teleportation or think where to go, so crying uncontrollably should tamper with that enough for Ness to get some big hits in. Teleporting again and knowing his location relative to Ness wouldn’t really help until the effect is gone since Ness can just use his PSI if he can’t get an exact hit on him. Plus he can try paralysis while that’s happening and get an assured hit with rust or anything else.

Mecha hitting Ness with a bullet still isn’t a sure fire thing, especially him hitting him in such a way to instantly incap him in a way he can’t just heal from. And Ness is actually slightly above Mecha when cut in half, plus he can specifically raise his defense. And like how Mecha can teleport over and over, Ness should be able to place more shields when one runs out. Also on the whole stamina thing, what exactly is the timeframe for Mecha’s planet feat? This could potentially go for hours, so that would be helpful for Mecha actually outlasting Ness.
With speed equalized, unless Ness is already directly on top of Mecha, (Which he won't be) he's not getting anything off faster than Mecha can think and teleport away. PK Rockin can also be dodged and has the same range issue as Ness' other PSI options (Ness having ~600 PSI is great and all, except he's going to be constantly burning through it to keep a shield up against Mecha's attacks, and like his healing items, PP restoring items are limited and only really stalling)

Why would he be firing in an entirely different direction? And that's assuming the crying is the effect that's inflicted (It's the most likely, but it's not guaranteed) Mecha's targeting/scanning will be able to at least partially circumvent the accuracy loss (I assume the uncontrollable crying reduces accuracy because the opponent can't see easily when they're crying, meanwhile Mecha Sonic doesn't necessarily need to see to fire attacks in Ness' general direction, nor does he need to see to be able to teleport. He regularly teleports to places where he can't actively see, and sight is never implied to be a major requirement for his teleportation) using PSI won't work since Mecha will be out of its range by that point, and again, the rust has tiny range and Ness is never going to be getting that close in the first place

Mecha upscales from 28.3 kilotons, stomping characters on that level, and with Chaos Emerald amping (Which he'll resort to quickly when his opponent cripples him with a thought) Mecha becomes strong enough to stomp comparable opponents, Mecha Sonic is going to be well over 2 times stronger. Hitting vital areas will be aided by Mecha Sonic being able to scan Ness' organs to know where to aim. The fight's almost definitely not lasting hours, given Ness is going to need to burn through his defensive and healing options pretty quickly to keep up with Mecha's much stronger AoE blasts and not die (Having a shield up at all times is practically required given Mecha's AP advantage, and they only last a few attacks, at some point Ness is probably going to be more focused on making sure he doesn't die than he is on fighting) as for the planet genocide, there's no specified timeframe, it's just a vaguely superhuman stamina feat (Funnily enough the canceled build of vs Mecha actually has scrapped dialogue of Metallix, Mecha Sonic's final form, being Planet level, but it's not used in the mod itself so big F there), but it should last long enough for Mecha to burn through Ness' stalling options

With speed equalized, unless Ness is already directly on top of Mecha, (Which he won't be) he's not getting anything off faster than Mecha can think and teleport away. PK Rockin can also be dodged and has the same range issue as Ness' other PSI options (Ness having ~600 PSI is great and all, except he's going to be constantly burning through it to keep a shield up against Mecha's attacks, and like his healing items, PP restoring items are limited and only really stalling)

Why would he be firing in an entirely different direction? And that's assuming the crying is the effect that's inflicted (It's the most likely, but it's not guaranteed) Mecha's targeting/scanning will be able to at least partially circumvent the accuracy loss (I assume the uncontrollable crying reduces accuracy because the opponent can't see easily when they're crying, meanwhile Mecha Sonic doesn't necessarily need to see to fire attacks in Ness' general direction, nor does he need to see to be able to teleport. He regularly teleports to places where he can't actively see, and sight is never implied to be a major requirement for his teleportation) using PSI won't work since Mecha will be out of its range by that point, and again, the rust has tiny range and Ness is never going to be getting that close in the first place

Mecha upscales from 28.3 kilotons, stomping characters on that level, and with Chaos Emerald amping (Which he'll resort to quickly when his opponent cripples him with a thought) Mecha becomes strong enough to stomp comparable opponents, Mecha Sonic is going to be well over 2 times stronger. Hitting vital areas will be aided by Mecha Sonic being able to scan Ness' organs to know where to aim. The fight's almost definitely not lasting hours, given Ness is going to need to burn through his defensive and healing options pretty quickly to keep up with Mecha's much stronger AoE blasts and not die (Having a shield up at all times is practically required given Mecha's AP advantage, and they only last a few attacks, at some point Ness is probably going to be more focused on making sure he doesn't die than he is on fighting) as for the planet genocide, there's no specified timeframe, it's just a vaguely superhuman stamina feat (Funnily enough the canceled build of vs Mecha actually has scrapped dialogue of Metallix, Mecha Sonic's final form, being Planet level, but it's not used in the mod itself so big F there), but it should last long enough for Mecha to burn through Ness' stalling options
It’s not like Ness is gonna be getting hit every second, he has options to avoid burning through his shields and he can retaliate in a number of ways. The most costly shield Ness can use is only 10 PP. And I think it’s a bit much to assume Mecha is gonna perfectly avoid everything Ness does, especially on first try with stuff like PK Flash/paralysis into rust promoter. I’m pretty sure he can be caught off guard like anyone else. There’s always a good chance that Ness gets off a Flash and wins right there.

And now that I think, Mecha’s explosion manipulation is granted by missiles which usually have to make contact with something to explode. If he’s even a bit off and Ness dodges, I’m not sure that AOE is gonna stop him since it’ll just keep traveling until it hits something way farther away. He only has several meters of range with guns and missiles, so his range spam strat actually works against those points. All he has is energy and teleportation for going that far. And if that’s all, I think Ness can eventually either force him to try going up close and get hit with a bat, rust, or another paralysis, crush him if he tries a spin dash, or just get a PK Flash off that ends up killing Mecha.

All Mecha has on his profile is town level so at best he’s 99/49.5 kilotons, so just a bit over 3x Ness without Defense Spray. I think Ness can manage that with all his options as well as healing and a decent level of regen which is cited to let him recover from explosions. Mecha doesn’t have any homing attacks, so hitting Ness’ vitals is easier said than done. And I don’t know how Ness is gonna be burning through his items with just how many he has and how much effort Mecha has to go through to deal significant damage to him. I don’t think keeping a shield at all times will be very hard with the low PP cost and recovery items. I’m just gonna assume Mecha’s best is a few hours to maybe a day since he’s massively hypersonic+ and has AOE, so it may not of even taken that long to wipe the planet.

It’s not like Ness is gonna be getting hit every second, he has options to avoid burning through his shields and he can retaliate in a number of ways. The most costly shield Ness can use is only 10 PP. And I think it’s a bit much to assume Mecha is gonna perfectly avoid everything Ness does, especially on first try with stuff like PK Flash/paralysis into rust promoter. I’m pretty sure he can be caught off guard like anyone else. There’s always a good chance that Ness gets off a Flash and wins right there.

And now that I think, Mecha’s explosion manipulation is granted by missiles which usually have to make contact with something to explode. If he’s even a bit off and Ness dodges, I’m not sure that AOE is gonna stop him since it’ll just keep traveling until it hits something way farther away. He only has several meters of range with guns and missiles, so his range spam strat actually works against those points. All he has is energy and teleportation for going that far. And if that’s all, I think Ness can eventually either force him to try going up close and get hit with a bat, rust, or another paralysis, crush him if he tries a spin dash, or just get a PK Flash off that ends up killing Mecha.

All Mecha has on his profile is town level so at best he’s 99/49.5 kilotons, so just a bit over 3x Ness without Defense Spray. I think Ness can manage that with all his options as well as healing and a decent level of regen which is cited to let him recover from explosions. Mecha doesn’t have any homing attacks, so hitting Ness’ vitals is easier said than done. And I don’t know how Ness is gonna be burning through his items with just how many he has and how much effort Mecha has to go through to deal significant damage to him. I don’t think keeping a shield at all times will be very hard with the low PP cost and recovery items. I’m just gonna assume Mecha’s best is a few hours to maybe a day since he’s massively hypersonic+ and has AOE, so it may not of even taken that long to wipe the planet.
Sure, but when those hits are dealing sizable damage on top of the exertion to create the shields and throw out his own PSI attacks, Ness isn't going to be in great condition. Teleportation gives Mecha a lot of breathing room of his own and makes it so that he doesn't really need to be perfect to avoid anything Ness throws out, especially if he's just attacking from outside of Ness' range, and if Mecha does speed amp (He can't blitz because speed equal rules, but he can still get faster) he'll get even more of a margin for error

Explosions aren't just through missiles, his energy attacks, which have kilometers of range, create explosions too, and with their kilometers of AoE, Ness is getting caught in the blast if Mecha is even slightly on the mark (Which he should be thanks to his scanners), getting a hit with his bat, again assuming Ness even gets that close, won't deal all that much damage, especially if Mecha uses his own forcefields, which will also counter rust (And if Ness messes up with the rust promoter even once, that's it, it's gone), another paralysis implies the first flash landed paralysis (Or Ness just chose to paralyze not through Flash but his other paralysis inducing option) in which case Mecha isn't going to be trying to get close in the first place, he's nuked areas with energy blasts from above before, (Against Updike he just broke out of the facility and blew up the whole thing from above) so he would just stay high above and nuke the area if he realizes getting too close will just lead to getting crippled. And the several meters is exactly why Ness wouldn't be able to rust Mecha from the start, since he'd be at best several meters away if he chooses to start with his guns (In comparison to the rust promoter's extended melee range) and with equalized speed Mecha will be able to realize he's paralyzed and dip before Ness can get close enough. Crushing with telekinesis isn't something Ness usually does, and he doesn't even have any showings of using telekinesis in-combat.

I never implied anything higher than just "well over 2x," a bullet with that level of AP will kill Ness if it connects in the right spot, and Mecha's energy attacks will also still be dealing solid damage. Mecha's explosions will be dealing more than that level of damage with his AP advantage, and if Ness is constantly regenerating from that level of damage, (And based on the used clip it doesn't even seem combat-applicable, since it's based on the mortal damage system that only works if you end a fight before your HP reaches 0, so Ness wouldn't be able to do that in this fight) then that's just going to sink his stamina even faster. Sure, Mecha doesn't have any homing attacks, but if he's amped to be faster and is constantly teleporting, than landing attacks won't be that hard to do and if Ness only combat-applicable healing is through items, which are very limited (Your max inventory space in-game is like, 14 items, and if Ness has all his other weapons like the rust promoter and the Pharaon's Curse, than that's even less room for healing items) than Ness won't be able to stall for all that long

But why are we automatically expecting Mecha to do just 100% perfect ideal moves? Even a fighter of Genius and higher intelligence can make a non-optimal move often or at least sometimes, and Mecha's intelligence section doesn't give any classification at all. Battling with multiple clones doesn't make one a supreme fighter making genuinely optimal moves on the spot.

Furthermore, Mecha is highly overconfident and sees everyone else as beneath him, which is even more true in this threat where Mecha has approximately double AP. Unlike against Frogman, there is not much need to boost at the fight start and the deadly arsenal of Ness (which is hidden in his inventory, also unlike Frogman visibly holding the Green Laser Bazooka) has great odds of being not seen by analyzation. Combine this with the overconfidence and the fact many items hidden in the inventory are technically one shot (correct me if Im wrong Minty) against Mecha, and you get most of the situations where Mecha is with a surprise defeated near the start. If both possessed prior knowledge, then things could be different, but this setting just benefits Ness way more than Mecha. And Im not even bringing up the fact Ness would look like a small child with a cap to him, which Mecha would hardly take seriously. There is no denying that the surprise moment is an extremely important factor, literally crucial one with this setting.

I'm pretty sure he means SMH

But why are we automatically expecting Mecha to do just 100% perfect ideal moves? Even a fighter of Genius and higher intelligence can make a non-optimal move often or at least sometimes, and Mecha's intelligence section doesn't give any classification at all. Battling with multiple clones doesn't make one a supreme fighter making genuinely optimal moves on the spot.

Furthermore, Mecha is highly overconfident and sees everyone else as beneath him, which is even more true in this threat where Mecha has approximately double AP. Unlike against Frogman, there is not much need to boost at the fight start and the deadly arsenal of Ness (which is hidden in his inventory, also unlike Frogman visibly holding the Green Laser Bazooka) has great odds of being not seen by analyzation. Combine this with the overconfidence and the fact many items hidden in the inventory are technically one shot (correct me if Im wrong Minty) against Mecha, and you get most of the situations where Mecha is with a surprise defeated near the start. If both possessed prior knowledge, then things could be different, but this setting just benefits Ness way more than Mecha. And Im not even bringing up the fact Ness would look like a small child with a cap to him, which Mecha would hardly take seriously. There is no denying that the surprise moment is an extremely important factor, literally crucial one with this setting.
I'm not saying he'd play 100% optimally, I'm saying once Ness literally thinks and cripples Mecha Sonic when he gets close (Such as through paralysis) then Mecha would have no choice but to teleport away to avoid being killed when he's helpless, which will allow him to discover Ness' much more limited range and thus, his only real option to fight without getting screwed by PSI powers (As within said range he's subject to being paralyzed, having his accuracy killed, or just getting insta-killed) is to fight from outside of Ness' range

He would be confident initially, but that confidence would likely waiver upon getting insta-crippled upon getting closer. Ness' inventory is rather limited, only holding 14 items (That was the most I could see), and a majority of those items are either easily dodgeable through teleportation, or have incredibly limited range (Only extended melee range), sure Mecha wouldn't be able to scan them, but if Ness pulls out a spray then Mecha isn't going to just sit there and let Ness use it on him. Some of Ness' items are pretty self-explanatory in what they do (Bombs explode, who knew), almost none of the items can one-shot, since they're either normal damage like the bombs, which will do little damage through Mecha's greater durability, or are more slow damage over time like poisoning (And the latter Mecha can dodge), and if Ness inventory is full of weapons like bombs and poison/curse stuff, than that's fewer bears and healing items to stall off Mecha's attacks

Scanning Ness would probably tell Mecha that he's not a normal child, and even if it didn't, Mecha getting paralyzed/PK Flashed quickly after the battle starts will almost immediately shatter that notion, and teleportation ensures that, as long as Ness doesn't use PK Flash and roll instant death (Which is only a 37.5% chance for the strongest variant of the attack), Mecha will be able to escape and recover, they're starting pretty far away, speed is equal, and Mecha's guns, despite being more limited in range than his energy attacks, are still better than Ness' own options, meaning he can think to teleport once he realizes he's been crippled faster (Which will be very quickly, since all of the effects Ness can inflict are very obvious) than Ness can run up to him and use one of his items

Im still waiting for Minty's input, and teleporting won't cure rusting/poison, Mecha will get finished in whatever place he goes, as he doesn't possess healing abilities or something to cure negative effects. And there are odds Mecha getting paralyzed/PK Flashed wouldn't be able to teleport (if it's not a passive ability detecting dangers). It's also possible the battle system of Ness wouldn't allow opponents to escape from melee confrontation.

Ness possessing abilities like PK Flash rolling instant death, possible Passive Fate Manipulation & Minor Probability Manipulation, Limited Matter Manipulation (Can instantly rust machines with the Rust promoter, dealing massive damage to them), and so on, makes my vote remaining on his side.

Im still waiting for Minty's input, and teleporting won't cure rusting/poison, Mecha will get finished in whatever place he goes, as he doesn't possess healing abilities or something to cure negative effects. And there are odds Mecha getting paralyzed/PK Flashed wouldn't be able to teleport (if it's not a passive ability detecting dangers). It's also possible the battle system of Ness wouldn't allow opponents to escape from melee confrontation.

Ness possessing abilities like PK Flash rolling instant death, possible Passive Fate Manipulation & Minor Probability Manipulation, Limited Matter Manipulation (Can instantly rust machines with the Rust promoter, dealing massive damage to them), and so on, makes my vote remaining on his side.
Wait who did you vote for froggy me boy?

Finale is finalized then. Definitely an high-extreme diff match for both of these guys. I was gonna respond to Soupy, but it was already time for dinner and stuff.

Congrats to Ness for 1rd place, and Mecha for second place. Technically we could do a match for 3rd place between Plague Demon and Fleetway Super Sonic. It's a shame equipment Laser Frogman didn't get into the semifinals, taking into account God-mode player, he could likely fit into 4 strongest of the tourney.

Blud had everyone so mad at him for killing the frog that grace was completely ignored

I probably won't be able to change anyone's mind, so congrats Mint

Back