• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy 16 discussion thread

I'm so ready, can't believe we already just 4 days away from it doesn't feel all that long ago they announced it
I want Leviathan and I also want some lore dumped onto them (Leviathan's absence has no bearing on Ultima's plans, meaning it's been out of the action long enough that Ultima's centuries-spanning plot planned around it)

Now that I think about it...do we have any FF civilization page? I was thinking we could do something like that for Valisthea's kingdoms (kind of interested in Sanbreque) but imagine profiles for the Lufenians (particulary those of Stranger of Paradise), Shinra, the Lucis kingdom (that I would really like to do), etc

Now that I think about it...do we have any FF civilization page? I was thinking we could do something like that for Valisthea's kingdoms (kind of interested in Sanbreque) but imagine profiles for the Lufenians (particulary those of Stranger of Paradise), Shinra, the Lucis kingdom (that I would really like to do), etc
Nope, none. It would be an interesting stuff to tackle. I could help with the Shinra profile, at the very least.

Nope, none. It would be an interesting stuff to tackle. I could help with the Shinra profile, at the very least.
Not interested in making Shinra but it would still be a great start. Might make a blog for the Kingdom of the Lucis and maybe Sanbreque. The Cetra could also be great to make.

You guys can calc, that's like having this cool magic class job when all of use are normal attack using normies.
I have low level magic (I know how to use a kinetic energy calculator/apply the destruction values the site approves)

Honestly I would attempt the lightspeed calcs myself but I switched to mac and don’t have access to Microsoft paint anymore😭

Getting the individual frames for the feat a pain in the ass as well

Alright, he's my blog for the Lucis kingdom. It's my very first civilization page so it's very likely clumsy and not that great so advices are more than welcome. Also, yeah I known this isn't a FFXV thread but I wanted to begin with this one, I feel like it's easier than say Sanbreque, plus I love FFXV

The final boss and ending of the main game are still the exact same, Ultima doesn't pull out any of Levithans powers or anything like that, although there is secret super boss but not a single person whose finished the DLC has managed to get to it yet

Yeah what dale said, plus in rising tide there's a spot that was frozen in time due to a spell and the reason was because the spell used Shiva's magic, it's kinda funny how they reveal it because clive says "Who else could freeze time but shiva" and he puts extra empathize on the freeze
... Well, ok then. Geez, Shiva is pretty broken, isn't she?

So in terms of feats the most noteworthy thing is Leviathan creating an enormous water tornado, from what I could see we're never even shown the top of it and during the boss fight Ifrit falls down it for absolutely ages without seemingly ever coming close to the bottom, Ifrit also seems to evaporate a massive tsunami Leviathan tries hitting him with. Don't think we'll reach the country level stuff from Ultima's Primogenesis but it's still really impressive, Leviathan like every boss has a DPS check and his cool one shot move is a massive Tsunami. Scaling for Levithan was already obvious, dude fights Ifrit, but in terms of raw physical power he seems pretty clearly superior (He can restrain Ifrit with his jaws and Ifrit can't break free without burning Leviathan, impressive since this is basically Ifrit at his peak until the final battle with Ultima).

For abilities we've got time stop for Shiva, Ultima doesn't display anything new (Or do much at all) but he displays his own time stop again. Clive pulls out his power absorption to get Leviathans essence and gets water based moves as expected (It's similar to Ramuh or Bahamut in that the main focus is ranged attacks, the actual gameplay for it is pretty unqiue comapred to the other Eikon abilities. Leviathan's water manipulation is cracked, some of his water attacks border on straight up energy projection, honestly besides Bahamut I think he might be the most projectile heavy Eikon. He's got standard Eikon stuff like barriers, he can also fly, I think he might also have teleportatation? He drags Ifrit into a strange light within his water tornado and suddenly they're in a completely different location. Leviathan can also dive in and out of water that is maybe a human's height deep at most so that's cool. Leviathans dominant is also a baby, like, goo goo gaga baby. Bro's profile is deadass going to be 10-C, 6-B as Levithan.

Clive doesn't get Levithans powers as his final eikonic abilities set, it was teased in the trailer a little bit but Ultima at the end of the DLC gifts Clive a portion of his own essence giving clive a netural aspected moveset based on Ultima's final boss fight (Flying with way more freedom than Bahamut's abilities, the blue flames, the dash attacks, summoning the giant swords from the ground). A lot of these attacks are also described as being holy in nature so hey holy manipulation for Clive now. Also y'know the Massively FTL ratings dudes in FF6 get from Mogs sunbath move, apparently one of the moves from the Ultima moveset is basically the exact same thing so might possibly be looking at a pretty huge speed buff?

So in terms of feats the most noteworthy thing is Leviathan creating an enormous water tornado, from what I could see we're never even shown the top of it and during the boss fight Ifrit falls down it for absolutely ages without seemingly ever coming close to the bottom, Ifrit also seems to evaporate a massive tsunami Leviathan tries hitting him with. Don't think we'll reach the country level stuff from Ultima's Primogenesis but it's still really impressive, Leviathan like every boss has a DPS check and his cool one shot move is a massive Tsunami. Scaling for Levithan was already obvious, dude fights Ifrit, but in terms of raw physical power he seems pretty clearly superior (He can restrain Ifrit with his jaws and Ifrit can't break free without burning Leviathan, impressive since this is basically Ifrit at his peak until the final battle with Ultima).

For abilities we've got time stop for Shiva, Ultima doesn't display anything new (Or do much at all) but he displays his own time stop again. Clive pulls out his power absorption to get Leviathans essence and gets water based moves as expected (It's similar to Ramuh or Bahamut in that the main focus is ranged attacks, the actual gameplay for it is pretty unqiue comapred to the other Eikon abilities. Leviathan's water manipulation is cracked, some of his water attacks border on straight up energy projection, honestly besides Bahamut I think he might be the most projectile heavy Eikon. He's got standard Eikon stuff like barriers, he can also fly, I think he might also have teleportatation? He drags Ifrit into a strange light within his water tornado and suddenly they're in a completely different location. Leviathan can also dive in and out of water that is maybe a human's height deep at most so that's cool. Leviathans dominant is also a baby, like, goo goo gaga baby. Bro's profile is deadass going to be 10-C, 6-B as Levithan.

Clive doesn't get Levithans powers as his final eikonic abilities set, it was teased in the trailer a little bit but Ultima at the end of the DLC gifts Clive a portion of his own essence giving clive a netural aspected moveset based on Ultima's final boss fight (Flying with way more freedom than Bahamut's abilities, the blue flames, the dash attacks, summoning the giant swords from the ground). A lot of these attacks are also described as being holy in nature so hey holy manipulation for Clive now. Also y'know the Massively FTL ratings dudes in FF6 get from Mogs sunbath move, apparently one of the moves from the Ultima moveset is basically the exact same thing so might possibly be looking at a pretty huge speed buff?
This is the good stuff

Was watching this then noticed something

Similarly to the zantenkestsu sub rel calc, when using one of leviathan’s attack, lightning is moving in so slow motion it completely stands still

Yeah 1:40 or so

if I apply the same values as the Odin calc, but with lightning, it gets to high into FTL+ like 56c or smth
That’s not even all, the calc uses the real time megaflare speed (subsonic) to get its sub-relativistic values when we agreed in this thread that those straight line bahamut attacks should be lightspeed, already looking at MFTL+ if we take that route

Yeah what dale said, plus in rising tide there's a spot that was frozen in time due to a spell and the reason was because the spell used Shiva's magic, it's kinda funny how they reveal it because clive says "Who else could freeze time but shiva" and he puts extra empathize on the freeze
Now THAT'S a neat trick for my blog!

Well I'm calling dibs on Leviathan then

I don't know who's dealing with Typhon but I found this on TV Tropes, could be great for his profile

typhon_2.png

Back