• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Doctor Who Cosmic Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock them.

Some other downgrades and revisions concerning some of the other characters within the same tier as the ones I've downgraded. Basically, they shouldn't be on par with any of these characters, or they should and aren't currently.

Compassio

Firstly, she should be called Compassion V. Laura Tobin, who would come to be known as Compassion, was cloned from a Remembrance Tank four times, the last of whom became the Type 102 Timeship seen in the profile.

Secondly, her justification is largely inaccurate. Compassion is definitely the strongest timeship during the War, but that doesn't automatically make her 11-D in all stats, especially since she can be damaged by War TARDISes. Also, she didn't lodge herself between the universe and after-universe, she used a massive transmat that she didn't create.

Vaporizes slightly weakened War TARDISes

• 'War TARDIS?' said Fitz faintly. [...] 'Doctor, how can that thing be any kind of TARDIS? It's huge. It looks as big as Mars.' The Doctor shook his head at Fitz. "That TARDIS is mapping its internal dimensions on to its external dimensions, so it looks a great deal bigger than it actually is in realÔÇÉspace. It's a flabby gesture of intimidation designed to frighten primitive opponents.' [...]. 'But it does somewhat weaken their defences,' noted the Doctor. 'Makes them vulnerable to weapons attack. Not that that is going to help us, I'm afraid. Which they will have calculated, of course. They know me too well.'
  • 'Fire,' said Compassion, as calmly as she might say 'hello' to someone. [...] A wave of savage red light filled the entire scanner around them. Fitz panicked for a moment, believing the war TARDIS had struck home. But within seconds the searing red light had coalesced into a bloodÔÇÉred ball of fire which rapidly shot off into the stars. As the missile raced away, the deep note of the TARDIS sank back to normal. 'Doctor,' said the warÔÇÉTARDIS commander, 'you cannot ... Rungar protect us! We're under atta—' The horrified voice stopped abruptly. In the distance, one of the huge orangeÔÇÉred shapes convulsed, twisted in on itself, and then sparked into a starry spike of brilliant light. 'Target eliminated,' said Compassion.
  • Another blaze of red light hurtled towards the remaining war TARDISes. Within seconds another was vaporised. One of the planetÔÇÉsized war TARDISes must have realised what was happening, and snapped itself shut again like an umbrella so that it was just a point of orange light. It started to race towards the TARDIS.
Can be incapacitated and forced out of the Time Vortex by War TARDISes

• The Doctor snapped his gaze to Fitz briefly, and launched into one of his tooÔÇÉfamiliar monologue lectures. 'We've been forced out of the time vortex by those broadÔÇÉspectrum TucksonÔÇÉJacker pulses —'
  • 'Madness or not, that war TARDIS is not just casting a drift net into the time vortex, now: they've got us on the end of their line and they're reeling us in. If they do hit us with one of those focused strikes of TucksonÔÇÉJacker energy it will incapacitate Compassion and me ― but you, Fitz ... you'd be very lucky to survive.'
  • 'Prepare for a disabling strike,' cut in the warÔÇÉTARDIS commander's calm, insistent tones.
Moves far faster than highly-advanced TARDISes

• He reached for the power-boost control that Compassion had kept from his grasp until she'd been sure of him, until she'd reminded him of his responsibilities. 'Madam President...' he said. 'You can kiss my TARDIS!' And he pressed the button. Compassion opened her arms wide to embrace all time and space. She blurred into motion, accelerating faster than the pursuing Gallifreyan capsules could follow. And then, with a trailing echo that sounded like laughter, she was gone into the depths of the vortex.
Unlike most TARDISes, Compassion doesn't have her own Eye of Harmony and relies on pilots or biodata to sustain herself

• 'Telepathic circuits,' Compassion cooed. 'I want you to feel at home. I need someone who can ... sustain me. Someone who understands the way I function. Since the Eye of Harmony's been poked out, I'm not sure how smoothly I'll be running in the future. And I intend it to be a long, long future, Nivet. I'll need you. And you'll need me.'
Kronos
I believe that Kronos could be 11-D. This doesn't scale to any of the other Chronovores.

During the Time Monster, Kronos was able to stop a time-ram, which occurs in all 11 dimensions. NOTE: The Doctor says Chronovores, but he's just referring to Kronos

• Time ram: one TARDIS materialising at the same point in space and time as another, where two TARDISes matched temporal frequencies and materialised at exactly the same point in each and every one of the eleven dimensions of space and time, every particle of one TARDIS coinciding with every particle of the other. Cosmic blasphemy. Such a move had an inevitable consequence: the complete and utter destruction of both TARDISes. The outer plasmic shells ruptured, the conditional pathways were aborted, the relative dimensions evaporated.
  • Only two Time Lords had ever survived a time ram: the Doctor and the Master. The same time ram. But that time we had the help of the Chronovores. This time, I'm on my own.
  • DOCTOR: Where exactly are we?
    KRONOS: On the boundary of your reality and mine. You brought yourselves here.
    DOCTOR: Yes, the time ram.
    KRONOS: At the moment of impact, I was released. That saved you and took you to the threshold of being.
Kronos is able to emulate the entire Chronovore Host on his ow

• As the first wave of the Divine Host descended with the beat of a million wings, he fired the artron cannon.
  • The Doctor nodded gravely. 'By the look of it, it's the Divine Host ― the Chronovore equivalent of shock troops.
  • The reaction was immediate. A few Chronovores effectively evaporated under the onslaught, their polydimensional matrices shattering under the impact; many more were caught in the edges of the blast and left injured or dying, their once perfect bodies deformed and broken. But the remainder saw the folly of remaining: with the last vestiges of their dignity wrapped round them like their wings, they they took to the time vortex as a single body, a razor-tipped cloud of ivory-and-gold hatred vanishing into another realm.
  • 'What?' The Doctor stopped what he was doing and slowly turned to look at Kronos. 'All this destruction, this carnage, this damage to the space-time continuum, and it isn't how you predicted it? What did you predict, Kronos?' 'It was not the Chronovores who appeared to the Master in his TARDIS, it was I. I led him to think that the Chronovores desired revenge for his dominion over me.'
Standard Chronovores are 6-D, for reference

• The Doctor waved a multicoloured sleeve at the TITAN Array. 'And why not? I thought you were a genius? In their natural form the Chronovores exist as six dimensional polymorphic lattices of photinos and chronons, bound by superstrings.'
War TARDISes
I think the page is a bit too broken to fix and should be deleted.

First off, it's missing a lot of content. I'll spare everyone of all the details, but there's many basic powers and abilities for TARDISes missing, such as the ones seen here, and stuff like Mind Manipulation for changing its pilots' personalities, fighting Great Vampires capable of destroying Dalek Saucers, and weaker models with standing attacks from the aforementioned Dalek Saucers. Almost all of the unique weapons, powers and abilities can be seen in The Master's TARDIS.

Secondly, I got most of the information from The Doctor Who Technical Index, so a lot of it is innaccurate. For example, War TARDISes aren't actually shown to have Temporal Torpedoes or Extrapolator Shields that can survive existence erasing Dalek weapons. Also, The Master's War TARDIS doesn't scale to regular War TARDISes, meaning they can't beat the Quantum Archangel and aren't comparable.

I'm currently making a far more accurate and better sourced Battle TARDIS page, by the way.

Well, it seems like me and Elizhaa accepted them.

I'd still like to read up on some more Faction Paradox stories.

If they're reasonable, then add them. I actually plan to revamp the Great Intelligence once I get my hands on all of his books.

By the way, why should Compassion be High 1-C? I mean with evidence from the novels and audio books.

I'm so sorry for the late reply, but I agree with what's being said in the thread. I'm pretty sure that the cosmic hierarchy in Doctor Who is unlikely to change due to the amount of solid statements that put said characters in their present ratings.

That said, I think we should be more careful in the future when analysing new entities and how they fit in with the DW hierarchy.

ByAsura said:
If they're reasonable, then add them. I actually plan to revamp the Great Intelligence once I get my hands on all of his books.

By the way, why should Compassion be High 1-C? I mean with evidence from the novels and audio books.
She's one of the strongest TARDISes and could shield people from the destruction of the time war

That was conjecture made by a professor. The Doctor himself says he's less impressive than that

• 'You assume correctly. But my abilities are less remarkable than you may think. The human form can perform the most extraordinary acts, if it is applied to one specific task. For five years now, every waking moment of my existence has been spent preparing for confrontations such as this. As you may have surmised, this has been done at the expense of my personal identity. If it's any consolation to you in your final hour, I have absolutely no social life.'
He also made claims that they were from meta-space and random changes. The chapter title even makes fun of this; Non-Interventionist Policy (Yeah, Sure)

• Professor Hulot would insist that these things weren't accidents at all; the caillou's invisible influence was at work in 'meta-space', he'd claim, pushing people and objects into convenient places, though its three-dimensional form might seem to be 'sitting on its backside doing nothing at all'.
The term Calliou also refers to anything of non-terrestrial origin, such as the Carnival Queen, and they believed The Doctor was from Astra, showing how little the Shadow Directory knows.

I just realized

Do elder gods have gender or not? Likes the gods of ragnarok are specifically called father mother and son and they're usually referred to by gender

It is probably symbolic. Beings of a higher order of existence obviously cannot possess biological genders as we understand them.

That's probably true for the Great Old Ones, but Chronovores and Eternals explicitly have genders and can reproduce.

They removed magic as a part of removing irrationality from the universe. Elder Gods work on the physical laws of the universe being different from the previous, irrational one, so probably not.

It was irrational, that's the whole point of Christmas on an Irrational Planet and Cold Fusio. The Doctor even says there was donut-shaped planets.

That's my point, their powers stem from the physical laws of the universe, not magic.

That's not even how it works. They changed the Pre-Universe into the universe, which is why the Guardians have their powers. It's not stated or so much as implied that they can do the same thing again, or even have Law Manipulation on any other scale.

What is that point even meant to prove? If anything, it means the pre-universe was irrational.

Wasn't magic just one flavor of interpretation of the lack of laws from the Pre-Universe? The Pre-Universe was kinda like the Warp, you could do and create whatever you want as long as you impose it.

No, the guardians always had their powers. Before the time lords did their thing and after. They weren't effected.

In doctor who lore "irrational" specifically means magic

Elder god powers are kind of... neither science nor magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back