• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fighting Platinum (RP: 1st Game Thread)

''Carefully scout around and be ready to have everyone bail if needed''

Oh damn this is the hardest thing ever how i am to choose?

"I'll go right, i feel there are mongrels in that direction." I go.

@Crimson and @Dragon and @Edwell

After following the road for a bit you find yourself at the gates of a city.

@Crimson

the gate are too heavy

A gaurd looks at the group of people at the doors of the city from above the gate.

He then give a sign to the guards at the bottom, who activate the opening meccanisms.

As the the gates open the PCs are confronted by a guard.

"Travelers, I guess, right ?"

He ask you

@CrimsonStarFallen

"Athene, and you are welcome in our city, travelers"

He then leaves the group alone

@Christian

The beds are still there

@Psycho and @Dragon

As you wonder around the city you notice that it's a weird mix of ancient and modern Athens, with, for exemple, people wearing traditional clothes while using electronical devices.

Your stone tablets brighten up, now showing the map of the city, alongside a few pointers indicating locations of interest.

Those being the temple of Olympian Zeus, Syntagma Square and the Parthenon

Also, from various posters scattered on multiple walls, you can deduce that there's some sort of festival happening currently in the Syntagma Square, something about a contest of physical strength.

@For those that have't chosen if to go right or left yet

The left road seems to go towards the sea

I wait to see what Leon or Everyman do so I can follow one of them... wait, where is Everyman? Guess I'll just follow Leon.

@Ed

You arrive at the gates of a city

@Psycho

You arrive at the temple, which seems to have been brought back to his golden days, as the marble collums are smooth and without cracks of any kind. You also notice a great amount of people entering and exiting from it, it's as popular as you would expect from a temple of the godhead of the Greek pantheon.

Also it there's a quite strong smell of meat from inside of it

@DMUA

[I don't mind, post everything your character does, even if you think it's unnecessary]

@Psycho

As you enter the temple you notice that the smell comes from a pile of offerings, which are a vast assortments of meats, in front of a giant statue of Zeus.

There' s also a large amount of people inside the temple, some simply chatting, while other are praying to their god, but one particular person strikes out of the rest.

He's a tall, swole, dark bearded man, who's wearing warrior's clothes and the pelt of a lion.

This individual is right in front of the offerings and he seem to be talking to the statue, but you can't quite understand what is he saying.

@Edward

Your spooky physical apperence spooks the citizens who encounter you, who keep the self far away from you.

Soon enough, some [3] guards arrive.

They point their spears at you

"Stop right there, you slime monster"

One of the guards says to you

@Dragon

You arrive at the Syntagma Square.

Like the posters told, there's a festival, with multiple stalls selling various things, from food to clothes, and there's a quite large makeshift arena in the center of the square.

@Crimson and @Edwell

You arrive at the Parthenon., which just like the temple of Zeus, it's back to his prime self.

You can feel some sort of "aura" coming from inside of it.

"Don't mind the shapeshifter, she's harmless. Mostly harmless."

@Edward

"... Yes ... Is that the reason you came here ?"

Another of the three guards says

@Dragon

The arena is of circular shape, of around 10 meters in diameter, sorrounded by spectator seats and with a taller placed seat, which is clear it's for the king.

As you approach the arena you notice that there's are multiple matal boxes around it

You also notice that a number of people in a line in front of what happers to be a registration table, all of them seem quite excited.

Back