• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fighting Games General Discussion Thread

I make this since this gonna be good and aside Tekken discussion thread is ded and no SFV: AE discussion thread too. So here we go!!

Welcome to Fighting Games General Discussion Thread! In this thread we can discuss anything about fighting games, the most popular genre in competitive wise aside MMORPG. Discuss anything from Tekken, Street Fighter, BBTAG, UNIB, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros, and everything! From gameplay, roster, the development, Pro Players, etc!

And let's start the discussion!!

The State of the FGC in 2019
The State of the FGC in 2019

Since you brought up at the start Tekken and Street Fighter, lets start with this, when we might see Tekken x Street Fighter happen and how would other SF characters look in the 3d style pf Tekken

Late af but screw it

< s > word < / s > that how to do the line, don't use space because it just a example.

Also teabagging Daigo = get hate, and it just me or why pro doesn't choose Negan too much? I just realize it whenever i watch the tournaments

I dont see Noctis much either, despite that in season 2 he got buffed a lot and he is easy, perhaps its not to their liking?

Also thanks for that

Yeah, i just saw one Noctis player in tournament before against Asuka

Also what do you think about Samurai Shodown? Will it be good and get attention enough, because GBFV beta overshadowing this game a bit, also Shiki and Ruixiang will be top tier when released oco

I didnt checked much of Samurai Showdown to be honest, so im not sure sure on that

Also given its a game made by those who created Guilty Gear and BlazeBlue and Dragon Ball Fighter Z, i can tell Grand Blue Fantasy is honna be succesful too

If you didn't checked SS then you should watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_TydRcx1rU&t=171s

First tournament and its really good.

Yeah as much i want SS get so much success, GBFV might be really successful despite this franchise are not that known outside Japan (One of big fanbase after Touhou, Fate-Verse, Kancolle or Azur Lane, and Idol franchises), the gameplay tho GBFV is more towards casual but understandable since Cygames aiming this game for strategy and not for quick-insane combo like typical Arcys games, but it also has it own hype (See Sonicfox and Go1 wreck everyone with their OD Ferry and high-level Charlotta players with their badass mix). SS in other hand are slow yes, but again understandable too because the mechanic on this game are so good and hard. Then again both are fun, can't wait for pro-level tournaments

SS looks neat, but i assume GBF might indeed overshadow it, but SS might last longer, as far as i know DBFZ lasted for a while till people dropped it later, sane might go with GBF and SS could still do well after a longer time, much like how tekken 7 still goes strong

Nah, once SSB Gogeta and DBS Broly announced it will live, beside i don't think DBFZ are dropped till now, same goes to GBFV. SS in other might be dropped due of how the majority doesn't like a really slow and cheap damage gameplay

Even if dropped it will be rise again in EVO and when Gogeta and DBS Broly announced, this is one of famous series so it will live last longer

Also here is the SamSho top 8 hightlight (even tho the quality seems bad): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwFqopKP1w

Justin Wong doesn't play around lel, and he really want to win in EVO 2019, let's see then

But in same time peoples seems not interested with SamSho with some of factors, example this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljkNWkC6bI&t=1s

From what i see on that video and research it seems SamSho will get so less attention, so EVO is the only way to make SamSho at his peak, but even so there is GBFV who even still in beta take lot's of attention than SamSho before, so when the game fully out it can overshadowed SamSho

Anyway Majin Obama just showing us a numbers and wow, Under Night in Birth above DBFZ and SamSho in top five, this gonna be good

Forgot of this thread

Pretty neat that its in top 5 especially to these games

Also i didnt check the KLK game, but i was yold uts really really great

Soul Calibur gets a sesson 2 and a SamSho character as guest in it, Tekken gets season 3 with Zafina and the new character Leroy Smith

Also EVO made a nom funny joke about misleading people that Snake would be in tekken

So... possible 8-B feat for both Sakura & Ken?

Bump.

Who’s your favorite Street Fighter character, and which one do you think is the best? My favorite pick goes to Sakura, and the best Street Fighter representative - in my opinion - is Makoto, mainly due to how relatable she is in that even when times are dark, people always find ways to never give up.

Back