• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This was something that kind of fell to the wayside a long time ago, and I figured we'd might as well try to get this general standards up and running for the site.

To summarize, back in 2018, we had an issue regarding how fighting game scaling was even handled to where virtually every single character just cross scaled despite more often than not, the story doesn't always treat that as a blatant scaling and context can be missing with the feats. Then fast forward to 2020, we had a more glaring issue with a verse like Mortal Kombat where fatalities just become way too contradictory to be used for scaling, or even some stage transitions being contradicted by either other lesser forms of stage transitions being enough to kill someone, or in the story, the characters consistently showcase far weaker end feats for a franchise despite having some ultra mega super that would put them much higher.

It's with these in mind, on top of some folks not being fully aware of what actually counts for scaling with super moves in the first place not long after that, I believe we should have some standard page akin to something like our Crossover page. That way we can at least make it crystal clear on whether Arcade modes, versus mode stuff or even supers can be viable to scale for any fighting game verse.

I've made a sandbox to explain the whole standards for fighting games as a whole due to the weird complications this genre has compared to other forms of video games, this at the very least can help whether or not certain things can be scalable for any fighting game or not.

This seems fine

I assume this same thing applies to feats that happen in game trailers (reveal, launch, character trailers, etc.) as well and if they're referenced or not im some way in lore as well.

Back