• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While off topic, there will always been disagreements and agreements over everything. Currently both sides has express their opinion to see if it is truly legit or not. I decide to take a look into @Ever's argument regarding the respective links. It seems there has been no offical confirmation on the size of dimensions that specific summons has been to known to destroy/created. *chuckles to himself*

Here is the summon animation for the Knights of the Round (Table): https://youtu.be/sv9aI5RkoeQ

It seems it was used for dramatic effects if I have to be honest as without the background distorted, I may able to tell whether or not that will be considered as a reality wrap or just simply breaking the space time continuums consider how we see it being broken into pieces.

@Gar Hmm I think you talk about Zack's involvement during the Crisis Core event as I am petty sure Minerva make her appearance there in that game that was confirmed to be a prequel of the original events of the Final Fantasy 7 as far as I am aware.

Edit: My bad, but food for thought there.

I am personally fine with The Everlasting's suggestions.

@Antvasima The only problem with The Everlasting's suggestion as this is primarily with summons like the Knights of the Round summon. TheEverLasting does have some fine solid points, but at the same time it will cause a lot of mess up powerscaling throughout the other FF series:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_the_Round_(summon)

The fact they have made their appearance in some other game of the FF series and not all summons has the exact tier ratings regardless of their appearance in multiple game of the FF series. If we were to give the 4-B rating to the Knight of the Round, then expect a huge upgrade for other characters in different games that feature the said summons. Bahamut included as well.

Nope, every incarnation of the summons is differente iirc, and each one of them has their own backstory and differences.

FF7!KotR wouldnt scale to anything outside the FF7 world/saga. The same applies to FF7!Bahamuth. Exceptions to this rule are Gilgamesh, Omega,Shiryuu because they are in The Rift (which connects all the dimensions).

@Pa True, but different incarnations of the said summons could have somewhat similar backstory and lore, which it is hard to pinpoint things from there, even then it will probably only applied to summons that doesn't featured in multiple games. The only thing that will solve that issue if we just simply noted there are various differences for the summons, items, and even abilities for each individual games.

Edit: In addition, the Ulimate End move has been used as well in the other FF games that I listed there.

@Star well, of course they have similar lore, they are "bahamuth", "ifrit", etc. So that means the lore must be somewhat similar in order to maintain continuity. However, trying to scale the summons to each of the different games' selves would be like... trying to scale the different The Flash to each other, doesnt make sense.

So I think we agree, dont we?

@Pa It is frowned upon cross scaling from other FF series as I remember agreeing to not do it. Even the moves that the summons has used remained the same power, either less powerful in other games or just being more powerful.

I think yourself answered your first post: "at the same time it will cause a lot of mess up powerscaling throughout the other FF series:"

It wont.

@Pa Indeed as I answered myself on that one. However, my concerns is this involved both Final Fantasy Crisis Core and FF7. Both games are in the Same continuity as I recall it has been stated the Final Fantasy Crisis Core being the prequel of FF7. In addition, I happen to remember this scene here:

Angeal vs. Genesis vs
Angeal vs. Genesis vs. Sephiroth (HD 1080p)-0

Gg

The speed of Supernova is the attack speed of Supernova. Or more accurately, the comet that causes Supernova. It doesn't scale to any of the cast, since literally nobody reacts to it in any way. Obviously it can be applied to the speed at which Sephiroth can spam Supernova, though.

Not sure about accepting the Bahamut Fury thing, as it's a bit too speculative for me when Final Fantasy VII doesn't take place in our solar system, anyway. Not to mention, unlike Supernova's meteor, there is pretty much zero indication of how far Bahamut Fury flew, and I don't think it's wise to just assume it went to an entirely different solar system.

The Knights of the Round and scaling things from them seems legitimate. If other incarnations of the Knights don't have remotely comparable feats, we can just apply it to the FFVII versions and be done with it.

Hmmmm MFTL+ attack speed with Supernova only seems fine with me for Sephiroth.

Edit: I don't see Sephiroth spamming attacks at MFTL+ as other evidences are suggesting otherwise as this will only applied to Supernova.

@Azathoth

Not sure if this counts, but given the fact that the Solar System depicted in Supernova has the same planets as ours, would it be wrong to say that the size of FF VII's Solar System is similar to our own?

I did a quick calc the other day and determined that Bahamut Fury would be just under Massively FTL for his summoning animation, having flown from the Asteroid Belt to Earth.

@Reppuzan Two problems: There isn't any stated timeframe and the distance is unknown hence why I believe it was not agreed upon using that particular feat.

@Repp

I honestly don't know, because the replica of our solar system was not actually in the original Japanese game, and was added later to the international release so Supernova didn't appear to underwhelming.

Assuming he flies from the Asteroid Belt would probably be safe in any case, since there do appear to be numerous asteroids in the animation when he takes off. Though there is a large planet behind him when he takes off, so I don't know, really.

@Star

Yes, there is the problem of there not really being any reliable distance between point A and point B. We can probably make safe guesses, but it depends on if others are OK with it or not.

@Aza True as I am finding a lot of difficulties on whether or not we could put specific characters at MFTL depending on the type(s) of speed being used. Tbh I not so sure if the inferences will be fine wihout the distance being mentioned and timeframe being stated. Maybe the other videos will be helpful as I have linked the summoning animation for The Knights of the Round (Table as I just add there for fun fact)

Edit: For FF7, I mean.

@Azzy

"I honestly don't know, because the replica of our solar system was not actually in the original Japanese game, and was added later to the international release so Supernova didn't appear to underwhelming."

If I recall, the FFVII Ultimania actually uses both the International and Japanese versions of Supernova, so technically both are usable.

Ah, uh-oh, I just realized something. Does Sephiroth not create the galaxy seen in the Supernova animation?

@Azzy

What of the matter that AMM and I discussed?

EDIT: Oh, and I approve of the speed feats brought up. In fact, I believe they lend more credence to my claims of the Supernova meteor's speed applying to about everyone.

@The Everlasting & Azathoth So what was the conclusion here?

@Antvasima

As far as I can tell, we may be able to upgrade Sephiroth's attack speed with Supernova given that both the International and Japanese versions of the move are referenced in the official guidebook (FFVII Ultimania).

In addition, we may be able to upgrade Final Fantasy VII's cast to an extremely high end of FTL+ given that Bahamut Fury approached the Planet from an Asteroid Belt, which would be just under 100 times the speed of light if we use Earth's distance from the Asteroid Belt as a benchmark.

Okay. You can message Azathoth & The Everlasting about this thread, so they can help to decide if we should apply these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back