• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Few Phoenix Wright abilities

Finished up the anime and was making a list of some stuff to bring up

Ok. Few quick things.

1. Phoenix when fired up enough causes this blue energy aura around himself that also manipulates the wind around him and causes a bit of a shake to the place. This happens more than once in the series. This is the best shown scene tho. 35:19. Only thing I think it qualifies under is Aura and another reason for Air Manipulation. This has also happened with Manfred. but it's a field of fire instead. This one seems a bit more special effect. It isn't as solidly shown to effect the courthouse like the aura does in the form of the wind. But if it's able to be used. It Warrants minor Fire Manipulation.

2. Phoenix seems to detect. And says he detects aura. Shown here at 10:56. This is a spiritual place, and this tree didn't seem to have any importance to the story. He just kinda brings up he detected aura from it. Also would explain and justify his own seemingly aura, and supernatural powers like soul manipulation.

3. Throughout the series. Both game and anime. Phoenix has been able to hear and see Mia without Maya there to summon her. And a good example that this is actually them seeing the spirit of her is shown here with Godot. Who even says her name acknowledging he sees her, at 35:50. And one for Phoenix himself is 19:30 in this video. Where he sees Mia. And also hears her in this video at 19:22. This would give Enhanced Senses. Can both see and hear spirits.

4. This can go into his Warrent on lifting strength. Phoenix should be much stronger than this monkey in the later episodes that was Flinging around several large objects like even a Tuba with little effort. And making quite a bit of distance. As well this giant trophy. Which was heavy enough to kill someone almost instantly when it landed on them. At least Justifications for athletic human, and possible upgrade to peak considering the weight of these things should be quite a lot.

5. Ok. Getting into the more iffy territory. Phoenix has had always some luck on his side. Though one specific thing I would like to bring up is his defence with Maggey Byrde. Someone who's luck is known to be supernaturally bad. Yet Phoenix still manages to work through her bad luck and prove her innocence Twice. Even doing it while having Amnesia. I'm not exactly sure where that would go under. But this is a feat I feel should be brought up on his page as it seems very noteworthy that he has had such odds stacked up against him. While the case was against one of the weaker prosecutors. He still went against this luck as well as did it with amnesia the first time. As well, Phoenix does seem to have a very good sense on luck on his side as well. Also like with his 7 years with no losses in poker. Which while skill is involved. Luck is a big part of the game too. Even Franziska and others making note on his good luck. At least should be brought up on his page under probably intelligence on how he could handle seemingly supernaturally bad luck while having amnesia, and still win the case. Possible debate for Supernatural luck. Though I won't fight for that one really badly. Since it is fairly weird. We know Phoenix can be really lucky, tho if this facig supernatural bad luck justifys his own luck being able to handle it or just him being so much smarter that the Luck didn't matter.

6. This isn't combat usable. And kinda just there to be funny. But why not bring it up. 10:10 Phoenix rips through the literal screen. Kinda funny. Also done by The Judge and Franziska who whip and hammer the screen causing it to shatter and crack. No use in combat. And kinda there to just be funny. But meh, while I'm at it.

7. As GyroNutz brought up. Lawyers should get the Social Influencing.

That's all the noteworthy stuff I saw worth bringing up

Misread that. I thought ya meant the 6th.

The 5th should at least go under his intelligence. And it's something that should be noted on his page at least. He faces and seems to have a lot of luck. And has fought against bad luck even when not knowing what he was supposed to do. Even if it doesn't totally grant him supernatural luck. It should be noted on his page he has fought against really bad luck with his skills, intelligence, and his own luck. Plus all the luck he has throughout he series

1. Aura's probably fine, the 'fire manipulation' looks very much like a purely cinematic effect.

2. Seems more like a figure of speech, as in 'this tree looks mysterious'.

3. Perfectly fine with this. This is consistent with the games as well, where Wright sees the ghost of Mia and starts to freak out at the end of Turnabout Sisters.

4. Sure I guess

5. Phoenix is lucky, but not once is this shown to be some supernatural trait he has. A large part of his success is down to his skill at bluffing. As for the poker thing, that's because he has help from Trucy who can Perceive.

Just gonna tag onto this CRT and say that every lawyer worth a damn in the verse should get Social Influencing.

I thought about social influencing adding. Just wasn't sure if anyone would agree. Cool to see that it seems to be agreed upon. Will get that added with this if it's accepted.

1. Fair enough. I do agree the fire thing seemed more cinematic.

2. Hmm. Seems a little strange for it to be brought up considering it has no relevance to the story or episode. Seemed more like since he is in such a spiritual place. He could sense it. Plus might also be reason why he can see and hear spirits. And can expale them.

3. Alrighty

4. Alrighty. Would this warrant an upgrade from Athletic human?

5. He got help on the bigger games. But not all of them. Example, when he got framed for murder. Also, that doesn't stop the luck of the cards. Poker is based on luck and skill. While he has skill, and truly can help with skill part. They both couldn't exactly manipulate Luck without cheating the game. Which we know they didn't. So To go seven years without losing is a very impressive task Luck standard wise. Plus the fact he handle with what seemed to be supernaturally bad luck, be it with bluffing or not, shows he has gone against odds that are highly against him. The standard of guilty verdicts where he comes from is insanely high. In a system bias against him, with corrupted lawyers and such, and yet lost one case only. Which he intentionally lost. Plus all his last minute saves. Plus their notes are calling him extraordinary lucky.

However, that wasn't exactly my main point. Didn't want to get in a big argument about that because my point was it just Saying it be brought up under intelligence or somewhere on his page that he has sealed with pretty bad luck with his own skills. Despite having someone who was labeled a queen of bad luck, still proved her innocence. With amnesia. His intelligence when I look at it, doesn't have the best justifications under it. Should get an update. And this is a good example at least for his intelligence. I was meaning Wether it does it doesn't justify super natural luck. It still should be brought under his intelligence or somewhere on his page about these feats and his fairly good luck.

4. I suppose so, although a calc for the force needed to throw those objects at that speed would probably be best

That should be easy enough. We got a fairly good look on the distance. Just need to figure it the trophies weight.

I'll see if I can figure out the weight. The green metal may be a little weird to figure out. Though it might just be colored metal. Should be doable. I'll return with the results on that later.

I also asked another supporter of the verse to come check it out and get the Ok from them on what can be added

Alright. Sounds good. So that's Aura, enhanced senses, social influencing, strength justification (and I'm trying to figure out the trophies weight for an exact amount).

And would updating his intelligence with some better feats like his defending Maggie like I brought up above? That's was mostly my main point. Though nobody said anything about if I could update his intelligence. His intelligence seems to need better justification.

Ok. I gave only the Laywers Social Influencing. Though, Wasn't certain if Maya or Pearl qualified. So I didn't put it on their page. If they should, I'll get it on their page.

And I don't really see reason Dick, The judge, or De Killer should get it. So didn't put it in their pages either

I made this on my phone when posting. Dang the slippy button.

Anyway. A quick thing someone brought up. Should Laywers (or at least Miles and Phoenix) get Psychometry and or Information Analysis? Since their information gather skills is definitely extremely good.

Phoenix also seems to be able to get Clairvoyance Via the Magatama.

The above abilities are being able to gather information about surrounding areas via a supernatural technique. Examining what's in a crime scene doesn't qualify.

Limited Clairvoyance would probably be fine

Didn't Miles have some supernatural way he did it when doing that whole chess thing. I'll be honest, I never played he game, but that seem to be his power thing. though never sure how it worked

And alrighty then.

That was just a visual representation, Edgeworth explains that all he's doing is using his words to draw out the truth.

Oh. Well that sucks. Everyone gets a power except him. RIP. But alright.

Quick note. Reading the claivoryance page. It says it's finding info about someone through Extrasensory Perception. Would I have to add that one too? Or no. Not sure if Magatama counts as a sixth sense. Could explain the sensing Aura thing too in the anime. Since he seems to be linked with these powers Spite not being a medium.

Should I leave this open should any smaller abilities pop up?

Miles is too cool to need a supernatural ability to do what he can do with his intelligence. If anything, the chess thing can still be used as explanation for his intelligence section.

That's true.

Actually. I think most of Ace Attorney needs better justification for their intelligence. While it was agreed for their high ends for the higher characters. Only The Judge had a proper intelligence explanation. Phoenix needs a major one since most people ride off of his. And others also have intelligence feats if their own like miles.

Back