• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OFF game Nothingness buff (possibly)

So of course, in OFF, the biggest speed feat and the most consistent is the statement that everything in the Nothingness moves at the speed of light, given by an experienced user of the Nothingness, and this feat is displayed several times within the game. (In this video at 12:25).

Now the argument for this feat not counting I believe is the fact that there is barely anything in the Nothingness, and that the Batter can't dodge really anything to have it scale to his reactions. However. What you do in the Nothingness is move to a location, and then stop to then enter the zone. That is a time frame we can have. And we can easily just scale the Batter to the height of an average man. That's your distance. You also know the Batter is moving at the speed of light.

"(Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters) ] / (Speed of projectile in meters/second) = Perception Time of Character in seconds"

The distance can simply be the in-game distance, which we can easily determine. And then the speed of the projectile which in this case will be the Batter running to a zone spot. And the second is of course one second, or the seconds it takes for that to happen, I don't remember. I'll need someone to clarify that for me, but the point is, that that's completely doable.

The reason why I'm putting this and not just doing the calc right now is the fact that the lightspeed statement is rather vague. In the dialogue, the Judge says "WHERE you can travel from one place to another at the speed of light". But the Batter isn't really going to the zones when in the Nothingness. He's going to an area which allows access to the zone, especially proven when he has to have an item to gain access. They're like doors.

The Judge may just be referring to the fact that when going to a zone, The Batter seemingly warps at a fast speed from the Nothingness, and goes into the zone in the same fashion. The point of this thread is to see whether people agree whether the Judge is referring to moving within the Nothingness, or the "warping" effect when going to zones that no character scales to the speed of.

I will say that I believe that the Judge is referring to the warping motion that happens when going to a Zone, and not the actual moving within the Nothingness.

Back