• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Featherine's tier questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no "so far". Umi is the only time we've seen Featherine, and I highly doubt we'll see her in Ciconia. The avatars, if we're even certain they're avatars, are the only things we'll see of her.

The real cal howard said:
There's no "so far". Umi is the only time we've seen Featherine, and I highly doubt we'll see her in Ciconia. The avatars, if we're even certain they're avatars, are the only things we'll see of her.
Yeah, it's highly likely we've only seen her Avatars, as it's stated she transcends Witches to the same degree Witches transcend Humans, so where the Witches go to their True forms, She is still in her avatars.

Even if she appears in Ciconia (which I'm sure she will), there's a 99.99% posibility that we'll only see her avatar. . . like with the rest of the Voyagers, Yes, even those in Umi, and likely Higurashi, were still avatars, with Bern's letter to Auau being probably the only time we "see" the true form of any of them.

Technically, we has already seen her avatar in Ciconia. Or more precisely, we heard it.

Ciconia's version of Skynet, the ruler of the world of machines from an apocalyptic future. A self-proclaimed messenger of God who brings "salvation" to people by sending their bodies to a meat grinder.

Ciconia is Featherine's gameboard, so she is apparently the main villain here.

This is only a game and her avatar. For herself (more precisely, for her meta-avatar) it's just a "next tea party".

The Umineko setting seems quite depressing in my humble opinion. There is no way to ensure a happy ending when a bunch of omnipotent sociopaths rule everything.

Well, they actually treat people with love and respect. Probably more so than the people themselves. Even acting as villains (in this case, they personify some negative qualities of the people themselves, and do not create problems from the outside), they basically let people see their own weaknesses and become better.

The lossing of the value of life, the destruction of society, sociopathy, excessive escapism and suicide are things that they criticize in people. But people do not have an evil dark lord whom they can defeat to cope with such problems, since the problem is in themselves. And higher witches can give people such a personification to defeat it. Their direct intervention cannot make the situation worse, but it gives people the possibility to make it better. As in the case of Ange, who was supposed to die due to suicide or murder, but the battle with Bern gave her the possibility to change her fate. This applies to active intervention. Their passive unconscious conceptual intervention does not bear any negative aspects at all and simply ensures the existence and development of the world and life.

Well, except Beato.

In the first chapter she just flat out goes and murders people for not believing in her.

Beato is not the higher witch. Well, that is, she does not rule the whole creation, only her own territory. (SPOILER) And everything is not quite as it seems with her. All that happens there is the problems of humans.

We still have to wait for Promestein to get the time to properly revise the verse and its characters. You can politely inform her about this thread if you wish though.

Sorry for having been living under a rock, but has High 1-A returned or is it still "fused" with Tier 0? Because if I recall correctly more than a year ago or so, it was decided that High 1-As would all automatically become part of Tier 0.

There's an entire WTC revision going on, so none of the tierings for the characters would likely be updated until the revision is done and the blogs posted.

I've heard a lot of talk on discord on how she, and the voyagers are gonna get massively downgraded. She might still retain her high 1-A tier, but at a different key.

Basically, don't be surprised if Masada stomps Umineko except for the Creator, if the revisions ever go through.

Well, DarkLK thinks that her true highest level of existence is tier 0, as it is in The Creator's domain, but that the version interacting with lower degrees of reality is tier High 1-A.

And I've heard people expressing their disagreements with these thoughts as well.

We are just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Yes. Promestein will finish when she finishes. There is not point in rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back