• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if this has been discussed beforre, but bandits can destroy towns in the enemy phase if they do reach said towns.

At first, i thought that this was just a game mechanic, or that the events on the map are meant to take place over various days or something of the sort, but since i started playing binding blade again, this old folk´s dialogue made me suspect that.

https://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Collapse_of_the_Alliance/Script

"House: "The mountain bandits and pirates attack towns. Once they destroy a town, there won't be anything left. Save the towns!""

He flat out says destroy, and it should be on a very short time frrame because a "turn" ends as soon as every unit makes an action, and that action could be calculated to be arround the same time it takes them to land one or two blows on each other at massively hypersonic speeds, and the fact that the old folk does say that there is "nothing left" (which of course doesnt mean vaporization or something like that), does mean that the main buildings are destroyed at once.

and based on the GBA sprite, you could say that this is at least 4 to 6, which would be around 8-B to 8-A in AP.

And this would apply for FE6,7,8.

Thoughts?

And, before someone says that they do go inside "towns" later, it is implies that chapter "towns" arer either cities or protected by other 8-B to 8-A fighters inside, so i dont think that should be a legit counterr to the upgrade.

It's over time despite happening in a turn and many superhuman 8-C bandits can pretty much destroy everything in it, also these town are not as big as you expect. As with the phase there won't be anything left is because they steal everything in it, they only leaves ruins.

I mean, do you have evidence of that? The turn is over as soon as every unit does their thing at once. (since there is no real reason why they would all stop fighting and wait for the others to do their thing), but even if you stack a massively hypersonic combat and multiply it by 20 or so, it would still be above 8-C.

And if you did read my post, you would know that i did adress the size, being the main reason i did not propose 7-C right out of the bat.

Its mostly because they are able to bust 4 to 6 large buildings at once based on the sprites.

While they should be far bigger based on the city chapters.

"House: "The mountain bandits and pirates attack towns. Once they destroy a town, there won't be anything left. Save the towns!""

And, i dont know if destroying a 7-C town over time could just be 8-C, since entire chapters dont take more than a couple of hours in "lore time".

If the fight starrts at day time, it still ends on day time, and unlike Fates or awakening, the day doesnt change while moving units around.

Not to mention that is just ONE bandit.

Forget it.

She is talking about the sacaean plains and how the Lorca tribe was poisoned and then killed at night.

https://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Lorca

1.-The Lorca were debilitated by poison.

2.-Killing a bunch of nomads (aka, should be considered to be equal or comparable to the bandiits that raided them) does not somehow mean that they cannot destroy buildings or something more.

So no, this does not contradict the town busting thing.

But even then, Night is from sunset to sunrise, so from 8:01 PM until 5:59 AM

10 Hours for an entire "chapter" at most.

So, the bandits are indeed busting these towns at a fraction of that time.

(a 20 turn chapter would be 30 minutes per town destruction made by a single bandit)

So, 8-B to 8-A.

Just some additional data.

In the recuitment screens...Where we see the towns from the perspective of a FE Person...

https://youtu.be/6wKdGl5WYmU?t=2m21s

There are at least 6 of them visible to the player, separated by trees, and a lot of empty space between them, and those are being destroyed until " there won't be anything left." in at most 30 minutes (in a 20 turn chapter) if we consider Lyn´s poisoned Tribe being destroyed at night to be the lenght of an entire chapter. (Since 1 to 1 combat between lorca folks and bandit folks is considered to be 1 action.).

I still want to note that the bandits screwing over the lorca "On one night" does not mean that it took them the entire night to do so, since it is a flat out inconsistency that we scale that to two Massively hypersonic opponents hitting each other at least twice.

And, Lyn says "The bandits came AT NIGHT", which means that it was already night when they started to attack the Lorca, so it would be far less time.

---

And another unrelated thing.

Hector has precognition on a very limited scale.

• Hector's B-Rank support conversation with Eliwood has him dreaming of his not-yet-born daughter playing with an red-haired boy in the future, and him getting supremely annoyed at the possibility that he may lose his daughter to Eliwood's son. Unfortunately for Hector, he's right, as Lilina ends up developing feelings for Roy and, depending on the player's actions, ends up marrying him.

I agree with Dark, this has been discussed and debunked multiple times; and from the same person using multiple accounts no less. We can't upgrade them to anything higher than 8-C based on vague assumptions; at best, they're destroying the village one building at a time. And none of the buildings are skyscrapers.

Also, actually, the Hector thing is canon, but here's the thing. It's not legit precognition at all. Normal humans IRL do often have dreams that predict the future, but don't know that it happens till it does. Even I've had dreams like that before IRL.

Yes since Hector even suspected that something was suspicious on the kingdom of Bern.

And, by "they", the old man is defering to the two types of town destroying units.

Like i explained above, this is ONE bandit doing this on the space of one action until there is "nothing" Left, as stated above, how can you assume they are destroying one building at a time when the time frame is just too small for a bandit to destroy it all by destrroying one building at a time.

Ive already proven that chapters in the GBA take no more than a dawn.

Why did you fail to mention either of those aspects?

I think ive already exxplaied this above i great detail, and debuked Dark´s Lyn statement.

Let me handle this

The way the game shows the towns being destroyed is simply Gameplay Mechanics, we see a Bandit stop at the entrance and the town is then in ruins

Bandits that have shown absolutely no AoE whatsoever suddenly messing up an entire town, even then it's really just that roofs have been destroyed with other minor damage to the houses, and what's weird is that in Sacred Stones, Ross took damage from a bandit attack and Garcia didn't...so we're gonna say that some Bandit pulled his Town level AoE out of nowhere and only damaged Ross? Said Bandit was also ordered to kill anyone who was trying to escape...how were they going to escape a giant AoE axe swing? Then again said AoE really likes to keep houses mostly intact for some reason and completely avoided Garcia, almost like it's actually done over time and that Bandits actually don't have any AoE that they only use on towns for some reason after all.

There we go, thread's done for real this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back