• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start

The shattered remnants of the Vultaum homeworld reveal that it underwent a massive extinction event 12 million years ago, caused by the detonation of some kind of antimatter device. From the ruins that remain on the [From.GetPlanetMoon]'s surface, we have learned that Vultaum society experienced a radical ideological shift a century before their extinction.

Their new philosophy posited that the entire universe was an artificial reality which all sentient beings had been unwittingly plugged into for the amusement of some higher power. The Vultaum undertook increasingly radical attempts to forcefully "disconnect" themselves from this simulation, most of which involved mass suicide.

They finally concluded that only the simultaneous disconnection of billions of individuals would destabilize the system enough to grant them freedom. At an agreed upon hour, Vultaum everywhere killed themselves by any means available. Those who refused to take part in this mass suicide were too few to repopulate the species, and so the Vultaum faded into obscurity and eventual extinction.

What if I said that one's entire life had been decided by fate? That every single one of your actions, from the minute to the monumental, stemmed not from your own choices, but had already been decided upon? That life being a journey of limitless possibilities was but an illusion, and no matter how fiercely man struggled, he stood at the mercy of a long-established path? The wealthy shall know their riches. The needy shall starve on the streets. The wicked shall be wicked, the righteous just. The beautiful, the hideous, the strong, the frail, the fortunate, the miserable... and finally, the victors and the defeated. What if I said that all such things had been carved into stone eons ago, allowing for no divergence? If so, sinners have nothing to answer for, nor do saints have any true virtue to their name. What if I said that not a single action is carried out of one's own volition, but had been decided long ago? That we are merely adrift in the current of time? Tell me, would you feel content with such a world? A world in which power is merely given, not earned - would you accept knees bent to a throne build upon such falsities? A universe where the sinless have-nots are oppressed and downtrodden - would you allow such a world to exist?
Never, I say. Never.
Those in possession of such knowledge who can still laugh joyfully, oblivious to what it means to be truly alive, are but slaves, the lowest of the low, hardly deserving to be called human beings. Nothing dampens the spirit like the stale wine of an unearned victory. Nothing is more unbearable than bitter defeat against the chains of destiny. Should ceaselessly repeating this farce - this slander of the highest order - be the fate of mankind, then I will struggle against those chains with all my might. I shall walk this road to its utmost conclusion, and, at the distant place I can call my finale, compose an opera that belongs only to me.

-Mercurius

I watch. I wonder. I build. I tear down.

Am I a god? A surely as any are.

Gods have forever to measure their words. Mortals only moments to hear them.

Is the Lord Vivec a god? As surely as I am.

Vivec is a poet. Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to sieze the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.

Is the Lady Almalexia a god? As surely as is Lord Vivec.

Almalexia is a warrior. Beware the warrior, as her steel may not distinguish friend from foe. But in a true hand, a sharp blade may carve history.

Again you ask, am I a god?

I am Sotha Sil. I am the Mage. I am the Clockmaker.

You ask where my Clockwork City is? Some say in the swamps of Black Marsh. Others claim it is deep in the ground beneath Ebonheart. I have even heard it told that my city is contained within a jar on the Lady Almalexia's mantle. These are all true, and false. My city is where I live, and I live in my city. Its location is unimportant, as I am its only citizen.

The Dwemer were the Dwemer. The Chimer were the Chimer. Now the Dwemer are gone and the Chimer are changed. Azura's words weigh heavy, but we have discussed the words of gods already, have we not?

I am Sotha Sil.

I watch. I wonder. I build. I tear down.
~ Sotha Sil's Last Words​

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle

The dreams we left behind will open the door

Even if the universe stands against us

Our burning blood will determine what will be

We'll break through time and space

And defy all who would stop us to grab hold of our path

Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann!

JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

"[Jojo] you are familiar with fleas... those small insects, fleas! Those small insects attack us huge, intelligent humans, anywhere, anytime! Fleas, facing a huge enemy... is this ÒÇîbraveÒÇì? No, the fleas are not ÒÇîbraveÒÇì! Jojo! What is ÒÇîbraveÒÇì!? ÒÇîBraveÒÇì is knowing ÒÇîfearÒÇì! Making ÒÇîfearÒÇìyour own! ... Human praise is the praise of ÒÇîBraveryÒÇì!! Human greatness is the greatness of bravery!"

DIO: "Oh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you come right to me? Even though your grandfather, Joseph, told you the secret of The World, like an exam student scrambling to finish the problems on an exam until the last moments before the chime?"

Jotaro: "I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer."

"Suppose that you were sitting down at this table. The napkins are in front of you, which napkin would you take? The one on your 'left'? Or the one on your 'right'? The one on your left side? Or the one on your right side? Usually you would take the one on your left side. That is 'correct' too. But in a larger sense on society, that is wrong. Perhaps I could even substitute 'society' with the 'Universe'. The correct answer is that 'It is determined by the one who takes his or her own napkin first.' …Yes? If the first one takes the napkin to their right, then there's no choice but for others to also take the 'right' napkin. The same goes for the left. Everyone else will take the napkin to their left, because they have no other option. This is 'society'… Who are the ones that determine the price of land first? There must have been someone who determined the value of money, first. The size of the rails on a train track? The magnitude of electricity? Laws and Regulations? Who was the first to determine these things? Did we all do it, because this is a Republic? Or was it Arbitrary? NO! The one who took the napkin first determined all of these things! The rules of this world are determined by that same principle of 'right or left?'! In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who 'takes the napkin first' must be someone who is respected by all. It's not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the 'losers'. In the case of this table, the 'eldest' or the 'Master of the party' will take the napkin first… Because everyone 'respects' those individuals."

I understand it all now! The true reason for my wrath! I could not stand it! There is always some fool who wants to rule the world! Always forcing others to do what they cannot do for themselves! That's why I pray to no one! Nor will I be prayed to! But above all else I will never forgive you for making my daughter cry!

Asura from Asura's Wrath

I rather like the current quote in the Captain America (Marvel Comics) page. It is basically how I feel every day in this madhouse of a world, especially given the country that I live in.

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- No, YOU move."

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here" - Qui-Gon Jinn

Best Star Wars quote of all time by virtue of it being said to Jar Jar.

"Do you know me, Shadow?

Do you know what I am? Do you want to know my name?

This is what I am called:

I am called Glad-o-War, Grim, Raider, and Third.

I am One-eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser.

I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One.

I am All-Father, Gondlir, Wand-Bearer.

I have as many names as there are winds. As many titles as there are ways to die.

My ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory. My wolves are Freki and Geri. My horse is the gallows...

I am Odi!" - Mr. Wednesday

The scene still gives me chills to this day.

"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live. Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."

I want to beat them! Even if I'm not cool, or strong, or beautiful, or cute, or pretty. I want to beat the cool, strong, just, beautiful, cute and pretty people. Even though I wasn't blessed with talent, even though I'm stupid and have a bad personality, have bad grades, am misguided and am a good for nothing. I want to beat the talented, smart, likable, over-achieving people. I want to beat those with friends when I can't have friends. I want to beat the people who work hard when I can't work hard. I want to beat the victorious when I can't win. I want to beat the happy people when I'm miserable. Even if I'm hated! Even if I'm despised! Even if I'm useless! I want to prove that I'm better than the main characters!!
~ Misogi Kumagawa​

VJ-23X of Lameth stared into the black depths of the three-dimensional, small-scale map of the Galaxy and said, "Are we ridiculous, I wonder in being so concerned about the matter?" MQ-17J of Nicron shook his head. "I think not. You know the Galaxy will be filled in five years at the present rate of expansion." Both seemed in their early twenties, both were tall and perfectly formed. "Still," said VJ-23X, "I hesitate to submit a pessimistic report to the Galactic Council." "I wouldn't consider any other kind of report. Stir them up a bit. We've got to stir them up." VJ-23X sighed. "Space is infinite. A hundred billion Galaxies are there for the taking. More." "A hundred billion is not infinite and it's getting less infinite all the time. Consider! Twenty thousand years ago, mankind first solved the problem of utilizing stellar energy, and a few centuries later, interstellar travel became possible. It took mankind a million years to fill one small world and then only fifteen thousand years to fill the rest of the Galaxy. Now the population doubles every ten years -- VJ-23X interrupted. "We can thank immortality for that." "Very well. Immortality exists and we have to take it into account. I admit it has its seamy side, this immortality. The Galactic AC has solved many problems for us, but in solving the problem of preventing old age and death, it has undone all its other solutions." "Yet you wouldn't want to abandon life, I suppose." "Not at all," snapped MQ-17J, softening it at once to, "Not yet. I'm by no means old enough. How old are you?" "Two hundred twenty-three. And you?" "I'm still under two hundred. --But to get back to my point. Population doubles every ten years. Once this GaIaxy is filled, we'll have filled another in ten years. Another ten years and we'll have filled two more. Another decade, four more. In a hundred years, we'll have filled a thousand Galaxies. In a thousand years, a million Galaxies. In ten thousand years, the entire known universe. Then what?" VJ-23X said, "As a side issue, there's a problem of transportation. I wonder how many sunpower units it will take to move Galaxies of individuals from one Galaxy to the next." "A very good point. Already, mankind consumes two sunpower units per year." "Most of it's wasted. After all, our own Galaxy alone pours out a thousand sunpower units a year and we only use two of those." "Granted, but even with a hundred per cent efficiency, we only stave off the end. Our energy requirements are going up in a geometric progression even faster than our population. We'll run out of energy even sooner than we run out of Galaxies. A good point. A very good point." "We'll just have to build new stars out of interstellar gas." "Or out of dissipated heat?" asked MQ-17J, sarcastically. "There may be some way to reverse entropy. We ought to ask the Galactic AC." VJ-23X was not really serious, but MQ-17J pulled out his AC-contact from his pocket and placed it on the table before him. "I've half a mind to," he said. "It's something the human race will have to face someday." He stared somberly at his small AC-contact. It was only two inches cubed and nothing in itself, but it was connected through hyperspace with the great Galactic AC that served all mankind. Hyperspace considered, it was an integral part of the Galactic AC. MQ-17J paused to wonder if someday in his immortal life he would get to see the Galactic AC. It was on a little world of its own, a spider webbing of force-beams holding the matter within which surges of submesons took the place of the old clumsy molecular valves. Yet despite its sub-etheric workings, the Galactic AC was known to be a full thousand feet across. MQ-17J asked suddenly of his AC-contact, "Can entropy ever be reversed?" VJ-23X looked startled and said at once, "Oh, say, I didn't really mean to have you ask that." "Why not?" "We both know entropy can't be reversed. You can't turn smoke and ash back into a tree." "Do you have trees on your world?" asked MQ-17J. The sound of the Galactic AC startled them into silence. Its voice came thin and beautiful out of the small AC-contact on the desk. It said: THERE IS INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

I get it. I do. You're an individualist.
Rugged individualism... It simply doesn't work anymore.

Brands. Sure. A useful heuristic...

But ultimately, everything is all systems interlaced, a single product manufactured by a single company for a single global market.

Spicy, medium, or chunky! They get a choice, of course. Of course!

...But they are buying salsa...
~ Mr.World​

DON'T F**K WITH ME! DON'T F**K WITH ME! DON'T F**K WITH ME! DON'T F**K WITH ME! VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! The only one who can break a work of art is the artist themselves! What the hell are you doing it without my permission!?

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don't care.
~ Hikigaya Hachima​
The worst part about being strong is that no one ever asks if you're ok.
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are... Death awaits you.
~ Nyx Avatar, Persona 3​

"People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."
Lucifer : The million lords of hell stand arrayed about you. Tell us, why we should let you leave? Helmet or no, you have no power here - what power have dreams in Hell?
Dream : Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar [...] what power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?"

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his Fate...

Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.

Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...

Attaining one's dream requires a stern will and unfailing determination.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Celebrate life's grandeur. It's brilliance. It's magnificence.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... It is indeed a precious gift to understand the forces that guide oneself.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goals.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... To find the one true path, one must seek guidance amidst uncertainty.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Along time exists Fate, the bearer of cruelty.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... Only with strength can one endure suffering and torment.

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed... In the face of disaster lies opportunity for renewal.

The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his Fate...
Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope.
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you."

- Nyx Avatar

"Those who believe in free will make the best puppets of all."
~ Innocence of The Basanos
"I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance, it is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams, and break your heart, it is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!."

Good. Now listen to me

First of all, our sullen swordsmen Mibu Soujirou! This guy is selfish and thinks everything can be solved by beheading!

Next, the big **** Shiori Kujou! the value of those breasts and milk are 80%!

Then, there is the loveable sister of Keishirou who's an overprotective big brother which is not effective! It's troublesome to pass through him with banter, i feel like there's something wrong

Next, Sakuya with that super class body! Well, I absolutely worship that white skin, and someday, i shall take a peek on it in the bath!

That pervert with that weird clothe called Yakou Madara! You are already somewhere drinking alcohol!

There's still that shorty Ryuusui! But do not worry, she may get an increase from that flat chest like her huge mother

And...

I am the supreme commander of Koga Rindou army! The cool-looking and handsome man, Mr.Sakagami!

-Habaki Sakagami to Tenma Yato as the former is "introducing" himself and his friends to the latter

God i love pervy protags like him

YOU.
YOU THERE.

GIRL.

QUIT ALL THIS SCURRYING AROUND.

DO YOU THINK YOU CAN ESCAPE ME BEFORE I ARRIVE?

HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO OUTRUN ME

WHEN I AM ALREADY HERE?
~ Lord English​

"How could one sentence uttered in anger cause so much damage? But then words were the most powerful thing in the universe. Cuts and bruises always healed, but words spoken in anger were most often permanent. They didn't damage the body, they destroyed the spirit."

~ Acheron Parthenopaus

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it? RRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Just gonna pull out some Hearthstone quotes.

Let's negotiate, you concede, and I let you live
~ Nexus Champion Saraad​
Ahh a game? How kind of you to join me!
~ Medivh, the Guardia​
Minions, soldiers, servants of the cold dark. Obey the call... of Kel'Thuzad
~ Kel'Thuzad​
LIVE INSECT!
~ Ragnaros, Lightlord​
Take this time, to consider your past deeds
~ Confessor Paletress​
Keep it quick kid, I ain't got all day
~ Gazlowe​
YOU FACE JARAXXUS! EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!
~ Lord Jaraxxus​
Let's give your guests, a good time
~ Moroes​
Now these don't seem impressive, but the voice acting is top good.

Pulling out some quotes from Lucifer and Sandman

"Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire days sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive. 'The devil made me do it.' I have never made one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them."
~ Lucifer Morningsar​

Elaine: No! It's going wrong.

Lucifer: Really? How

Elaine: They're killing each other!

Lucifer: That's an activity that never goes out of fashion. If you imagine you can stop it, or even slow it down, you're going to be dissapointed

Elaine: But they're doing it in my name!

Yahweh: You've been unhappy because you've desired things that cannot be.

Lucifer: That's what desire IS. The need for what we can't have. The need for what's readily available is called greed.

They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride, you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell."
~ Mr Easterma​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back