• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Quotes in Fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yukari- "Well, there are still some things that are kind of scary."

Reimu- "Like jelly donuts?"

Yukari- "Yeah, their shape is like a giant insect egg... And the jelly inside, it reminds me of..."

Mokou- "My god, jelly donuts are so scary."

"If you strike me down… THEN I'LL RISE UP AGAIN FRIENDLIER THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE!"

-Ichigo (kind of) to Ichigo (kind of)

"We will kill you.

We will burn your fields, steal your treasure, destroy your house, and enslave your children. We will murder your spouse, poison your pets, and blaspheme on the graves of your ancestors. We will do all this, and the only way to avoid it is if we cannot find you.

We've already found you."

- Toshiro Umezawa, Magic: The Gathering

"Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn't change people's habits. It just kept them inside the house."

"In feature films the director is God; in documentary films God is the director."

"A clear horizon — nothing to worry about on your plate, only things that are creative and not destructive… I can't bear quarreling, I can't bear feelings between people — I think hatred is wasted energy, and it's all non-productive. I'm very sensitive — a sharp word, said by a person, say, who has a temper, if they're close to me, hurts me for days. I know we're only human, we do go in for these various emotions, call them negative emotions, but when all these are removed and you can look forward and the road is clear ahead, and now you're going to create something — I think that's as happy as I'll ever want to be."

― Alfred Hitchcock (not fiction as the thread title requests, but who cares)

Hitchcock in Darkness

"Welcome to the Department of Redundancies Department! Welcome! Now, if you'll just be seated over here, we can get you seated so that we can begin the presentation on how presentations work. If at any time you need to use the bathrooms, the bathrooms are located over here for your use at any time. At twelve-O-clock we will be providing cookies."

"That last part wasn't redundant..."

"Budget cuts."

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Ha! Joke on you I already failed no nut november
-random YT comment
I failed no nut november in the first minutes

I went to the bathroom midnight to nut, came back and found out it was no nut november.

This is me.

Ichigo, what's the difference between a king and his horse? I don't mean kiddy shit like "One's a person and one's an animal" or "One has two legs and one has four." If their form, ability and power were exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the king and controls the battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the king?! There's only one answer. Instinct! In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power they need to become king, they must search for more battles and power! They thirst for battle, and live to mercilessly, crush, shred, and slice their enemies! Deep, deep within our body lies the honed instinct to kill, and slaughter our enemies! But you don't have that! You don't have those pure, base instincts! You fight with your brain. You try to defeat your enemies with logic! And it doesn't work! You're trying to cut them with a sheathed sword! That's why you're weaker than me, Ichigo! I'm not gonna have it, Ichigo. I don't know about Zangetsu, but I refuse to carry a king who's weaker than me and get cut to ribbons with him. If you're weaker than me, then I'll destroy you, and take your crown for myself
~ Zangetsu​

Let's be xenophobic! It's really in this year
Let's find a nasty, slimy, ugly alien to fear
There's no more cutesy stories 'bout E.T. phoning home
Let's learn to love our neighbors, like the Christians learned in Rome!

We know we ought to hate 'em; they're different, you see
We've seen they're mean and ugly on movies and TV
The folks that ought to know have told us how it's got to be
The gospel truth is found in scenes from Alien and V

Let's wipe out any lifeform that seems to be a threat
We'll serve 'em up a genocide they never will forget
'Cause if we miss a couple, they'll breed a couple more!
And soon we'll all be hating twice as many as before

You see, aliens can never be as good as humankind
A more delightful race than us you'll never, ever find
So step aside, you star slime, we're ready for your worst!
We know you want to beat us, enslave us and defeat us,
Oppress us and browbeat us, unless we get you first!

"It must have been centuries since you left your hometown. I thought you were becoming distraught with homesickness, so I had some sake from the Lunar Capital prepared for you."

-Yukari, giving the biggest shit-eating grin she ever give to Eirin, knowing that she have completely brain-fked her

However, the biggest weakness of wise beings are when they act composed without intending to do so. All wise beings know this.

-A quote from Cage in Lunatic Runagate: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cage_in_Lunatic_Runagate/Last_Chapter

Your heart is telling you!? Who's the boss, you or your heart? You are! Your heart is your employee! So get your heart off its butt and back to work!
~ Hank Hill (again)​

"I have one more surprise for you. I ask for my life.

When I killed your Empress and took her daughter, something broke inside me.Now I see the design on the back of your hand, the mark of the Outsider himself, and I remember all I've done.

The years of waiting for the right moment to step forward from an alley and drive a knife between the ribs of some noble. All the money exchanging hands, from one rich bastard or another. Killing for one of them one year, then being paid to kill him in return the next.

But what have I accomplished?

More than you have, or much less?

I remember bending at the shrines, listening as the Outsider whispered that I was going to change things, that I was somehow important. It felt good, made me believe I was powerful. Now I want nothing but to leave this city. And fade from the memories who reside here, I've had enough killing. The men you worked for asked you to kill for them, but you found some other way. You took a path I could have followed, but did not.

So my life is in your hands, make your choice.

And you choose mercy.

Extraordinary..."

"Giygas goal is to destroy' you. Listen carefully! Everything in the universe could be destroyed at the hands of Giygas. But he and his followers are also in trouble. The apple of enlightenment foretold that Giygas' attempt will fail. It is because of the existence of a boy named Ness. ...that's me! Free your mind and KNOW what you must do! Your destiny has already been decided. You... I... Where should we go? You know deep within the reaches of your mind. ...S...Sat... ... Saturn Valley... Yes Go to the valley where the Mr. Saturn lives. ...You'll get something new there. Soon, Magicant will be no more. We must be quick! Go to Saturn Valley! Go to Saturn Valley Now!"

- Ness

I'm not superman so I can't say anything big like "I'll protect everyone on earth" I'm not a modest guy who will say "It's enough if I can protect as many people as my two hands can handle" either. I want to protect... a mountain load of people
-Ichigo Kurosaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back