• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Favorite Fictional Weapons

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Now I'm really surprised no one made this.

What are some of your favorite fictional weapons? In terms of how much you like them, style, effectiveness, looks etc.

I'll give my list in a bit

Akame's Murasame. Simple yet deadly.

Doraemo's Air Cannon, Reflecting Mantle, Small Light and Momotaro Dango. So nostalgic.

Ryuko's Scissor Blades. Unique-looking swords.

MCU Mjolnir. Amazing in battle. Iconic sound effect. While it's less haxxy than its comicbook version, at least this Mjolnir doesn't suddenly has a God Storm inside it and throws everything about Thor under the bus because "Gorr was right".

Kenpachi's Nozarashi. While it's unique looking it also manages to be, you know, just a sword with some limited space-cutting hax. Not some damn concept-cutting, existence-erasing swords that really undermine the basic swordsmanship, IMO.

Link's variety of weapons. The Master Sword, while looking simple, is an iconic holy blade and the purple hilt looks nice. The Clawshot is a unique weapon, how it's a chain that both, pulls you to things and pulls things to you.

100% Agree on Murasame

Knight Leader's Hrunting is easily one of the coolest looking swords I've ever seen, I love its reference to Beauwolf and I love how it can change and adapt to different situations. I mean look at it

Weiss Schnee's Myrtenaster. I love how much more simplistic and elegant it is by comparison to other weapons. Also this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bXl572TkDqc

Nightmare's Soul Edge....FREAKING LOOK AT THIS THING! ITS HUGE! YET SEXY! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHtafKiLgQ

Why not do one per verse.

Dark Souls: DS2s Crypt Blacksword. Say what you will about ds2 compared to the others, I liked the PvP quite a lot. Running a CBS with hexes, specced all into strength and hex stats, you get this fun glass Canon type build that can cover so much area with their swipes. The Onyx Blade of DS3 was fun as well, and I liked it's unique buff. I would say MLGS, but either ran strength, quality, or pyro so it didn't fir my builds. Dark Souls has a lot of cool weapons though.

Magic: The Gathering: Blightsteel Colossus because behind Emrakul, it's probably the most fun cheese creature to cheat in. Batterskull is a great card too

Bloodborne: Either the Kos parasite or the MLGS. Similar reasons too Dark Souls.

Berserk (Verse): Besides the obvious, I really like the arm cannon, if mostly for that scene where he pretends to be dead only to blow an apostle's head off with it.

Cthulhu Mythos: That's not really how this works

Darkest Dungeo: All of the max upgraded ones

Destiny: For the PCs, D1 is Thorn both lorewise (search up thorn on Ishtar Collective, maybe I'll elaborate more tomorrow) and gameplaywise (pre nerf, would 2 shot headshot anyone). Red death also, because it was like thorns only counter and also has some ominous history around it. Touch of Malice is also cool, Destiny's also got some sick weapons. In D2, Whisper of the Worm, 1K Voices, my God roll Mindbender's ambition, and Luna's howl. Besides WOTW, those are due to gameplay reasons, but whisper is busted as **** gameplay wise too.

Warhammer 40,000: Another verse with a lot to pick from, but I'm gonna have to go with either Drach'nye or the Animus Speculum of the Culexus Assassin. The former used to be a daemon that actually hurt the emperor, and now exists as the sword of Abaddon. There's some really nice symbollic subtext with Drach and Abaddon when one considers what they represent, especially with relation to the emperor and the imperoum. As for the latter, I like the Assassinorum.

Salt and Sanctuary: Northern Cross for fitting my build, Flasks of Defilement to cheese the game.

Hotline Miami: The flamethrower. Hard mode S ranks on those levels were honestly easier than beating them the first time through because of it, and I got my first full combo basically because of it.

Hollow Knight (Verse): Pure Nail.

Super Smash Bros.: Cloud's sword, because easy spacing and weirdly little endlag.

The Legend of Zelda: 5 shot bows in BOTW. Gotta do Stasis>5 shot bomb arrows>5 shot shock arrows when stasis stops, most things will be dead.

DOOM: The Doom 4 Super Shotgun, especially upgraded. Thing does so much damage with 2 shots, and if you find it early things are so much easier on nightmare and permadeath.

Funny thing is...you're right. Psywave Spoon is an awesome name, it can cause freaking tornadoes, and it's an awesome staff that's like, seven feet.

Grey Sword and Garuru Canno. This shit never fails to give me chills when I watch the scene (even bad quality can't ruin it for me).

Gae Bolg. Simple, hax, spammable, present from Shishou, and I just like the color red.

Fullbring Shikai Zangetsu. My favorite design out of all the different Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu. Just a big ass sword that shoots energy waves and gave us the best (imo) Getsuga Tenshou in the series.

And if mechs count as weapons, the ORB-01 Akatsuki. Cool name, different gear for each occasion, piloted by two of the best character in the series, laser spam galore, and I also really like gold (thank god for the remaster).

Omnitrix. This would be hilarious to have.

White Lantern Power Ring. If you are gonna pick one of the rings, it may as well be the best one.

Gáe Bolg: Same reasons as AnonBlank said, plus the added ability of its thrown version. Really like a spear that gives off a nuke like explosion. Too bad it didn't kil Archer in UBW due to Rho Aias last petal protection though(?).

Ichigo's original Shikai and Bankai: Big sword, Thin sword. I kinda liked its original design back when Ichigo didn't know about his true powers or not using his actual full powers at the time of the Aizen conflict. IDK, it just appeals to me that much compared to its form after that.

Keyblade: Really just like the idea of a blade shaped in the form of a key being used like a sword and being able to also use it like an actual key to lock and unlock stuff...at times ^^'

Casull and Jackal: Handguns that might as well be handcannons and also deal some degrees of anti-regen. Top notch for me, even though I'm sure there's more lethal guns out there (Like this guy's Black Barrel weapo, or this guy from what I've heard of him)

His spear: Effective and I always felt a divine aura coming from it everytime it appears. Its also the oh sh*t weapon when you know you are f*cked

His relic: Ren's relic is pretty unique as it houses a waifu in a form of a blade that kills true godly. Its shape intrigued me and how the concept of gullotines are used for it

Gáe Bolg: Like the ppl above mentioned

Ea: It looks like a simple yet odd sword but I felt its a very nice looking weapon that has history and is one of those oh sh*t you are F-ed weapons

Rebellion and Sparda: If i must chose from this guys arsenal i have to with his two sword like weapons. Simple and effective with sparda having neat weapon changing mechanics (I could add his motor cycle here cuz hot damn!)

Yamato: The simple samurai design piqued my interest and its stylish slashes made it a really cool weapon in my book

This is for the moment cuz i need to remember a lot lol

Blood-Scythe and Azure Grimoire: The feeling, when you soul shreds and absorb it to replenish your life with this equipment, it's so satisfying man.....and the sword can turn into scythe and its awesome, doesn't mention AG can turn your hand into kind of beast claw.

Unlimited musket, final cannon, and the ribbons: Summon it and shoot it at the same time, and use them as the barrage, so cool, and with final cannon as the finish. Ribbons is ribbons, trap you, bondage you, and power null you. :v

Vasavi Shakti and Kavacha Kundala: The divine dart/lance, can be used as fire and lighting spear too. The armor grant you a 90% damage reduction, how's that not OP?

Back