• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
You know how Gil, Nero, Tamamo, and those peeps have resistances to everything BB does?

That should be removed.

They have said resistances because some tree they have access to has equal to or more Authority than BB

That's a weakness for BB, who can't affect things like that. Not a plus for the heroes.

I feel like this is the case for a lot more verses, but this was the first thing to come to mind.

Makes sense to me, though this isn't a verse I'm knowledgeable on.

Hmm...

I'm not sure since I'm the one who put those in the first place.

On one hand, you do have a point in that I can't remember explicit instances of resistance.

But on the other, the Zero Form's power is supposed to be equal to the Earth Mother's Authority, which governs all things including life and death as well as all of the powers of the Moon Cell.

Other Servants, like Karna, have the same resistances for being able to lolnope everything that the Moon Cell can throw at it. So denying them the same resistances for nearly identical reasoning would be dishonest.

I knew that "opposed by a power of equal potency" bit was going to come up sooner or later.

Rep, I leave it to you, as you know more about the Power of Origins than I do

@Cal

Well, I might be making a false equivalency here, but hear me out.

Karna currently has his resistances because even the Moon Cell wasn't able to delete him after he lost his fight, which was standard policy. He held on for an entire week before handing off his armor to his Master, who was able to safely exist the Moon Cell without being erased from existence. Said armor is also stated to be difficult for gods (aka Divine Spirits who have all sorts of space-time hax, conceptual manipulation, and other ridiculous powers through their authorities) to destroy.

The Zero Form offered the Servants the same protection against the same authority imposed by the Moon Cell used through BB. So why should they be treated any differently?

You know hundreds of times more than me on this, as I'm just going by profiles. But does Karna resist by having equal or greater Authority? If not, the reason for the resistances should still be changed on the peeps I named above.

Simply "The Zero Form grants the same level of resistance as Karna, who could resist essentially all of the above"

I mean, his armor is a Divine Construct. It could very well be an application of Authority, in the same way that Gae Bolg's piercing function is.

Back