• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Family guy Speed Feats

my last family guy revision thread was pretty bad but anyway this time I actually watched the episode to make sure they're canon

so characters have dodged bullets in the universe most recently there's the episode "PeTerminator" where a future brian sends a terminator version of peter to kill Stewie he dodges shotgun blasts both on foot and on his little tricycle

these feats can be supported by the instances of dodging bullets in "Petarded" we outright see Cleveland rolling out of the way from lois' gunfire this is most likely lower than the feats from peterminator since it's from a handgun from a farther distance away I did a little mock-up calc on a google doc which I'll post onto my sandbox

there's also a lot of instances of dodging lasers especially in fights revolving around Stewie we can see this a lot in "Mr. and Mrs. Stewie" his fight with Penelope and him show many instances of the two dodgings each other's lasers

there's also "The Hand That Rocks the Wheelchair" where Stewie clones an evil version of himself in his fight against himself he dodges lasers again

anyway, FTL is pretty consistent for Stewie at least I don't know if the family should scale to Stewie's reactions or not

For all of them he looks like he is reacting to the gun. Cleveland rolls away from the gun. We see stevie jump before Peterminator shoots. As for the laser feats, prove they are actual lasers.

Edit: The one time it looks like Stewie reacts to Penelope's laser he gets caught.

Last edited:
Also when Brian shoots actual Stewie if he was dodging the light (which I don't know if it is actual light.) itself he would have been able to move.

For all of them he looks like he is reacting to the gun. Cleveland rolls away from the gun. We see stevie jump before Peterminator shoots. As for the laser feats, prove they are actual lasers.

Edit: The one time it looks like Stewie reacts to Penelope's laser he gets caught.
so yeah gun feats are a bust but for lasers, there isn't much other than assumptions based on typical sci-fi gunfights but anyway Stewie does dodge her lasers in the form of that weird little laser chaingun she has we can see she starts firing before Stewie starts running Penelope also dodges Stewie's ray gun while not a laser it would still be light speed
Also when Brian shoots actual Stewie if he was dodging the light (which I don't know if it is actual light.) itself he would have been able to move.
It's a very common story cliche where one guy has to figure out who's the real person and not the clone so he has to shoot someone they were trying to get brian to shoot the other plus that wasn't even Stewie it was the clone that got shot if you're talking about the Michael Jackson reference at the end that isn't a story piece it's just gag something very common that family guy writers do

The clone should scale to Stewie. So the clone should be able to dodge. Also I still don't see any proof it's ACTUAL lasers.

The clone should scale to Stewie. So the clone should be able to dodge. Also I still don't see any proof it's ACTUAL lasers.
like I said earlier this is more for the sake of telling a story rather than an epic fight scene. like this aren't supposed to continue the fight it's supposed to stop and end them the writers didn't have him dodge just because it would prolong a story plus your logic is just ignoring 2 parts where Stewie is dodging lasers from the very same gun so it's either just that part is just inconsistent with the other two

like I said earlier this is more for the sake of telling a story rather than an epic fight scene. like this aren't supposed to continue the fight it's supposed to stop and end them the writers didn't have him dodge just because it would prolong a story plus your logic is just ignoring 2 parts where Stewie is dodging lasers from the very same gun so it's either just that part is just inconsistent with the other two
No, that was my proof he wasn't reacting to the laser, but more looking at the gun. Also is story-telling really how we are brush over feat inconsistency?

In the scene he wasn’t dodging where the gun was aiming we outright see Stevie moving out of the lasers way as they were already fired out of the gun in the way of story telling most writers don’t have power scaling on the mind especially family guy writers and even if we look at other media’s that do like jojo’s power is pretty inconsistent there since fights are focused on strategy and skill rather than brute strength which is why it’s a highly debated subject on how strong they are

FTL is too much of an outlier, and seems more like aim dodging or rule of cool PIS.

I could buy supersonic combat speed for dodging bullets though.

FTL is too much of an outlier, and seems more like aim dodging or rule of cool PIS.

I could buy supersonic combat speed for dodging bullets though.
yeah I rewatched the clips from PeTerminator and they look solid the family should scale to him since he’s a baby

Again, dodging lasers is too much of an outlier compared to the scale of the rest of the series. Sorry.

We need calculations for their other speed feats that have been placed in blogs in our wiki and evaluated though.

Yeah the only other thing now is this calc from buttersamurai which can’t be used now also I was told that Lois was too far away for her to scale to the full yield by chariot so I’ll do that when I have free time to re-calc that

Back