• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Speed Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, now is the time to scale and rate the speed ratings of the Fairy Tail characters now that DF is accepted as an at least 4x speed multiplier, I'll try to be as specific as possible when explaining why people scale to specific speeds, so let's begin

First of all, we know that Base Natsu's Speed in X784 is calced at Mach 1381.7 (Massively Hypersonic+), so that's where we'll start with our scaling chain
  • X791 Base Sting and Rogue scale to Mach 1381.7 (Massively Hypersonic+) because we know their bases are far above Max Alors, who by X791 is stronger and faster than X784 Base Natsu
  • X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue would scale to Mach 5526.8 (Massively Hypersonic+) because via Dragon Force, they would be at least 4x faster than their Base Form's
  • X791 Base Natsu would also scale to Mach 5526.8 (Massively Hypersonic+) because he simultaneously kept up with X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue
  • X791 Dragon Force Natsu would scale to 2.5% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) because via Dragon Force, he would be at least 4x faster than his Base Form, he is the only character in X791 that would scale to Sub-Relativistic as he blitzed Etherious Mard Geer and no one scales to him in speed
  • X792 Base Natsu, Base Gajeel, Base Wendy, and Normal Spriggans would be 2.23% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) as they would be far faster than a crippled Erza who's speed was mega nerfed and managed to pull off a speed feat on that level, also no her Emotion Amp did not increase her speed, she was specifically crippled when it came to speed and still reacted to Deus Sema, the amp only increased her AP, this is supported by the fact that Base Wendy managed to react to this same crippled Erza when she went to attack Irene
  • X792 Dragon Force Gajeel, Dragon Force Wendy would be 8.92% SoL (Sub-Relativistic+) because via Dragon Force, they would be at least 4x faster than their Base Form's
  • X792 Erza should scale to at least 2.5% SoL, likely 8.92% SoL (At least Sub-Relativistic, likely Sub-Relativistic+) as she is around Spriggan level speed, but is able to keep up with Dragon Force Wendy and should be close to Dragon Force Gajeel
  • Base Irene would scale to at least 10% SoL, likely 17.84% SoL (Relativistic, likely higher) because she's far faster than Dragon Force Wendy and was able to easily keep up with an Erza, who's speed was doubled by Wendy
  • Top and God Tiers would be just scale to at least 10% SoL, likely 17.84% SoL (Relativistic, likely higher) as they scale above everyone else
So what do you guys think, I believe it is rather consistent and doesn't create any issues at all, the verse primarily caps at Baseline Relativistic and only likely scale aboves that

Agree with Proposal: 8 (DemonGodMitchAubin, AnonymousBlank, SenseiKeleon, Zackra1799, DragonGamerZ913, God900, DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa)

Disagree with Proposal:

Last edited:
Hold on, accidentally posted it early, just wait a bit before I finish the OP

- X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue would scale to Mach 5526.8 (Massively Hypersonic+) because via Dragon Force, they would be at least 4x faster than their Base Form's

-
X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue would scale to 2.5% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) because via Dragon Force

This is quite confusing here....they should be Mass. Hypersonic+ in general during X791

X792 Base Natsu, Base Gajeel, Base Wendy, and Normal Spriggans would be 2.5% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) as they would be far faster than X791 Dragon Force Natsu

The only thing I disagree with here is Base Wendy scaling when characters that are as strong as Natsu are way above her and air but 2.5% of SoL is close to baseline right? Base Wendy would have to below Sub-Red in general. Also using crippled Erza as a mean for her speed slowing down....eh idk how to feel about that since we dont even know that even when crippled Erza could still be faster or slower then people who are a bunch of league's below her when she's healthy (Base Wendy)

As Accelerator once said "just because i've gotten weaker, doesn't mean you are stronger!"

Anyone know why Alvarez Arc bases scale to Tartaros DF? Spriggans are stronger than anything they faced before, not faster.

Well personally it just makes sense to me that they would scale above him in speed, but if you want to disregard that, then they'd just scale to 2.23% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) and Dragon Force Gajeel would be 8.92% SoL (Sub-Relativistic+), which I am also OK with

- X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue would scale to Mach 5526.8 (Massively Hypersonic+) because via Dragon Force, they would be at least 4x faster than their Base Form's

- X791 Dragon Force Sting and Rogue would scale to 2.5% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) because via Dragon Force

This is quite confusing here....they should be Mass. Hypersonic+ in general during X791

X792 Base Natsu, Base Gajeel, Base Wendy, and Normal Spriggans would be 2.5% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) as they would be far faster than X791 Dragon Force Natsu

The only thing I disagree with here is Base Wendy scaling when characters that are as strong as Natsu are way above her and air but 2.5% of SoL is close to baseline right? Base Wendy would have to below Sub-Red in general. Also using crippled Erza as a mean for her speed slowing down....eh idk how to feel about that since we dont even know that even when crippled Erza could still be faster or slower then people who are a bunch of league's below her when she's healthy (Base Wendy)

As Accelerator once said "just because i've gotten weaker, doesn't mean you are stronger!"

@BlackeJan First part was just a mistake in the OP that I have already fixed, Base Wendy can keep up with Spriggans

@AnonymousBlank I'm not, 2.23% SoL (Sub-Relativistic) comes from a crippled Erza reacting to Deus Sema

Theoretically, the scaling makes sense, but nothing depicts Erza as being likely faster than Natsu or Gajeel.

I actually agree that there's no evidence Spriggans would scale above DF Natsu's speed, so I'll edit the OP with the most conservative scaling possible

Wouldn't Base Irene, Larcade, and Base August all scale from WSDM String who would be 18.64% for absorbing Rogues Magic then entering DF?

So (2.33 + 2.33) * 4 = 18.64%

Wouldn't Base Irene, Larcade, and Base August all scale from WSDM String who would be 18.64% for absorbing Rogues Magic then entering DF?

So (2.33 + 2.33) * 4 = 18.64%
No, Dual Element Modes sadly only increase speed to an unquantifiable degree they don't add their speeds, but with that "Unquantifiable increase+Dragon Force" maybe it's enough to push WSDM Sting to Baseline Relativistic since he only needs to be 1.1x faster with a Dual Element Mode

No, Dual Element Modes sadly only increase speed to an unquantifiable degree they don't add their speeds, but with that "Unquantifiable increase+Dragon Force" maybe it's enough to push WSDM Sting to Baseline Relativistic since he only needs to be 1.1x faster with a Dual Element Mode
But this is an initial Dual Element mode, which is treated at person 1 + person 2, isn't it?

I mean, Natsu did go from consistently being outsped by base Hades to blitzing him. There's definitely a speed buff

Yes, for AP and Durability, not Speed Sadly, we have no proof that the Dual Mode adds their speeds
But, Why would speed be any different here?

The 2 different initial dual element modes we have seen all have the same scaling, Natsu after eating lighting became faster than Laxus, Gajeel after eating shadow's became faster than Possessed Rogue, so why would Sting's case be any different?

Personally I believe everything looks pretty consistent so I’ll agree for now

but since a lot of people were saying that the new multiplier would cause inconsistencies with speed I’ll see what they have to say to see if I change my position

I don’t agree with Base Wendy scaling to Sub Rel when is is weaker and slower than Erza/Natsu. Let’s not forget her opponent wasn’t trying at first cause she was cocky then decided to transform to show how serious she was. Not only that but if Base Wendy is slower then Erza/Natsu then she wouldn’t even be Sub Rel to begin with

Base Wendy is consistently shown to keep up with Erza, Natsu, and Spriggans tho, power has nothing to do with it

I don’t agree with Base Wendy scaling to Sub Rel when is is weaker and slower than Erza/Natsu. Let’s not forget her opponent wasn’t trying at first cause she was cocky then decided to transform to show how serious she was. Not only that but if Base Wendy is slower then Erza/Natsu then she wouldn’t even be Sub Rel to begin with
A heavily weakened Base Wendy was able to enchant Ezra's sword when she attacked Dragon Irene. This feat alone puts her at a Sub Relativistic level comparable to Erza.

Well Base Wendy and Sherria were able to dodge base Dimaria’s attacks on a couple of occasions

despite her attempting to kill both of them quickly as she stated she couldn’t play around with Sherria like she had planned to because she was a healer so she needed to kill her quickly

And she attempted to kill Wendy while time was frozen and then attack both her and Sherria while she was in a rage at ultear yet they still dodged her

And she also stated how she wouldn’t pull any punches just because they were kids

So while it’s true she didn’t go all out right off the back she still didn’t pull any punches and attempted to kill them as she needed to do rather quickly

My only issue is with Erza because nothing really depicts that she’s likely faster than Natsu or Gajeel.

Base Wendy is consistently shown to keep up with Erza, Natsu, and Spriggans tho, power has nothing to do with it
U mean from Dimaria who was holding back cause she was cocky the first fight? and no when was she ever shown to be as fast as Natsu and Erza because she was never shown to fight with Natsu and she was playing support for Erza

@Zackra1799 u are comparing a even more powerful Irene that even a healthy Erza couldn’t do anything against....are u to say that Base Wendy is as fast as someone who’s the top dog in the Spriggan group?

@Zackra1799 u are comparing a even more powerful Irene that even a healthy Erza couldn’t do anything against....are u to say that Base Wendy is as fast as someone who’s the top dog in the Spriggan group?
I never even compared Wendy to Dragon Irene, so I don't know what your even getting at. All I said was that Wendy was able to enchant Erza before she was about to attack Irene. So a weakened Wendy would have speed comparable to Erza's 2.23% sol feat.

She dodged a point blank Dimaria Attack
She kept up with Base Irene and Erza in their battle, managing to enchant Erza faster than they could react
She was throwing hands with Erza when she was possessed by Irene and was keeping up with her
She was keeping up with the other Dragon Slayers when they were fighting Acnologia, being able to react with them
She was able to enchant Erza's sword before Erza could swing it

Base Wendy is able to keep up with Spriggan level characters in speed

@BlackeJan what does her being cocky have to do with anything?

once again Dimaria stated how she wouldn’t pull any punches just because they were kids
so while it’s true she didn’t use her full power she still wasn’t holding back to a considerable amount

once again she saw sherria as a threat she even stated how she couldn’t play around with her like she originally planned she stated she had to killer her due to her being a healer

and while enraged and not pulling any punches she attacked both base Wendy and base sherria yet they still dodged her attack

Last edited:
@BlackeJan what does her being cocky have to do with anything?

once again Dimaria stated how she wouldn’t pull any punches just because they were kids
so while it’s true she didn’t use her full power she still wasn’t holding back to a considerable amount

once again she saw sherria as a threat she even stated how she couldn’t play around with her like she originally planned she stated she had to killer her due to her being a healer

and while enraged and not pulling any punches she attacked both base Wendy and base sherria yet they still dodged her attack
Where does it say that she wasn’t pulling punched because the reason Dimaria didn’t finish them off (she could had done that from the get go if she felt like it) was because of Ultear

@DemonGodMitchAubin
Don’t remember her dodging a point blank attack. Not a good thing to say that she can keep up with Base Irene who was toying around with them in general. Wendy being possessed by Irene to fight Erza who was already injured and tired from her previous battle + didn’t want to fight Wendy already says a lot. Most def not something to say that she can react to Acnologia of ALL people (u know the one that even August/Zeref himself was scared of)

My points weren't that she was keeping up with Base Irene and Acnologia, my point was that she was respectively keeping up with Erza and the other Dragon Slayers by fighting alongside them, she wasn't falling behind, Erza wasn't crippled when she was fighting Wendy, I don't know how you think that means Wendy is way slower than Erza, they were going back and forth, and she did dodge a point blank slash from Dimaria

@BlackeJan
In chapter 471 page 19 we see Dimaria state that she couldn’t play around with Sherria as she had originally planned to so instead due to the fact that sherria was a healer she intend to kill her right off the batt

And In Chapter 472 page 13 it’s stated by Dimaria that she wouldn’t be pulling any punches just because Wendy and Sherria were kids

So while she wasn’t going out all and showing her true power
we do see that she isn’t playing around either she is attacking with the internet to kill them as stated by Dimaria herself

In chapter 474 pages 19-21 Dimaria attacks Wendy with the intent to killer her but yet mid sword swing with the blade being inches from her face Wendy still dodged the blade and counter attacked along with sherria

(Yea we know she was only capable of dodging because ultear told her to but in the words of Max in his battle with Warren in the anime just because you know when an attack is coming doesn’t mean your fast enough to dodge it)

In chapter 475 pages 3-7 we see Dimaria is enraged due to the fact that ultear made it possible for Wendy and Sherria to to move and we see her attack both Wendy and Sherria yet both we’re able to dodge and counter attack

Last edited:
Again, I don’t agree with Erza likely having a speed value higher than Natsu or Gajeel. Throughout Alvarez, the times she’s been shown with characters like them, she’s been depicted as comparable.

Again, I don’t agree with Erza likely having a speed value higher than Natsu or Gajeel. Throughout Alvarez, the times she’s been shown with characters like them, she’s been depicted as comparable.
It's just because she's been shown keep up with Dragon Force Wendy, she doesn't have transformations that Amp Speed like DF, FDKM, Devil Slayer Mark, or Dual Element Modes, the only Armor that is confirmed to greatly amp her speed is her Flight Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back