• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Slayer Magic Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything looks fine for the most part from my perspective

The only question I have is with Erza she wouldn’t get the resistances granted by Demon slayer magic would she??

because I mean while she is Abel to wield the magic(so far a single spell)
she herself still isn’t a demon slayer but hey then again idk it seems kinda weird to me

Does she contain the magic itself or just the sword?
Into the sword
https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-100-Years-Quest-chapter-44-page-16.html

so I don’t think she should get the resistances granted by the magic

but I mean it’s possible she could enchant the magic into herself the same way she did with dragon slayer magic
but for now I don’t think she should be granted the resistances

but the other 3 people who do have demon slayer magic should be granted the resistances

IIRC Wendy taught her how to enchant and she used it to enchant Natsu and Gray's magic onto her swords. Regardless, yeah she shouldn't have the resistances since it's all in the swords.

@Antvasima Would it be fine to make this a power/ability page like Haki or Servant Physiology?

I think it warrents it because of how many Slayers there are in Fairy Tail

Only changes/additions I would make would be Resistance Negation of their own element and Resistance to Absorption for their spells for God Slayers. Aside from that, definitely agree given how we have dozens of characters/profiles that have Slayer Magic which is comprised of multiple powers and/or resistances.

Mitch:

That is probably fine, but it doesn't seem like there would be much information to fill it with.

Mitch:

That is probably fine, but it doesn't seem like there would be much information to fill it with.
Well that’s fair to some extent, but I feel that this page would be beneficial to the verse if we made it, I wanted to ask first as this isn’t a typical page I would be making, but since you checked off on it, then we’ll go through with it

Quick question would Dragon Slayer magic count as “Resistance Negation” or a limited form of it or something like that
Because it seems like Dragon slayer magic is special as it can affect armor that is covered with wizard canceler which made it immune to any and all magic except for Dragon Slayer magic for some reason
Wizard canceler made the Dorma Anim immune to magic

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-7.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-13.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-191-page-3.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-15.html

Even Mystogan reflecting the Dorma Anim own attack back at him has no effect on it

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-11.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-12.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-13.html

But yet dragon slayers are stated to be the only ones who can beat the animated dragon and dragon slayer magic can affect the Dorma Anim

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-15.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-18.html

https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-190-page-19.html

That also kinda proves Dragon Slayer Magic would work on Acnologia’s Dragon Form despite him having Magic Immunity, not his Human Form tho

Yea so that why I just wanted to see if DS magic would count as
“limited resistances negation”
or maybe
“limited resistance to power nullification”

due to DS magic being able to affect a type of armor counted in a type of power nullification

While I agree that it's Magic Resistance Negation or Powernull resistance given Natsu could destroy the Eclipse Gate which is highly resistant to Magic, but think this should have a separate thread as this isn't an ability CRT.

Pretty sure the Dorma Anim thing got dismissed back when we changed DSM to limited dura neg rather than magic resist negation. Must have spent over a day arguing against people who said DS don’t bypass magic resist.

I don't think it's dura negation, because the Dorma has specifically an armor that nullifies magic. If it isn't resistance negation, than it power null, but magic not being able to arm the Dorma has nothing to do with its sheer durability.

DSM still has dura neg in dragons, though.

I wasn’t around for that so I can’t speak on that

but I mean idk see why it can’t be both I mean I don’t see why DSM bypassing Magic nullification armor can’t mean that DSM can’t have Limited durability negation against dragons or vice versa

I believe it only worked on virtue of it being a "dragon". Natsu and the Eclipse gate is iffy to evaluate because Natsu and Eclipse were kind of made by the same person, so it might've just been him and not any dragon slayer.

I mean if the argument was only based on DSM being Abel to bypass the Armor of the Dorma Anim because it’s a “Dragon” well then when Mystogon reflected the Dorma’s own attack back at it then it should have done some type of damage yet it did nothing due to the armor nullifying magic

So if people were arguing DSM only bypassing the armor because it’s a dragon before then that doesn’t make much sense because the Dorma isn’t even a real dragon it’s a magical device

Also I don’t really think the gate and Natsu both being created by Zeref has anything to do with Natsu being able to destroy the gate the only reason Natsu was created was to kill Zeref not destroy Zeref’s other creations also according to Lucy and the others it was possible to destroy the gate by using all of their powers together it’s so it’s both just Natsu being the only one capable of destroying the gate it’s just before they got a second chance at an attack in the gate Natsu destroyed it
And were not saying any old DS could have destroyed the gate we are saying that DSM can still bypass magic nullification
(as seen in the Dorma case as well as the gate)

and also still keep limited durability negation against dragons
As one doesn’t invalidate the other

I mean if the argument was only based on DSM being Abel to bypass the Armor of the Dorma Anim because it’s a “Dragon” well then when Mystogon reflected the Dorma’s own attack back at it then it should have done some type of damage yet it did nothing due to the armor nullifying magic
Does the Dorma use slayer magic?
So if people were arguing DSM only bypassing the armor because it’s a dragon before then that doesn’t make much sense because the Dorma isn’t even a real dragon it’s a magical device
Slayer magic also works on enemies that have "dragon/god/demon-like properties".
Also I don’t really think the gate and Natsu both being created by Zeref has anything to do with Natsu being able to destroy the gate the only reason Natsu was created was to kill Zeref not destroy Zeref’s other creations also according to Lucy and the others it was possible to destroy the gate by using all of their powers together it’s so it’s both just Natsu being the only one capable of destroying the gate it’s just before they got a second chance at an attack in the gate Natsu destroyed it
If everyone else combined could do it, doesn't that just mean that the nullifying effect is partial, and they just thought Natsu was the only one strong enough?
and also still keep limited durability negation against dragons
As one doesn’t invalidate the other
Of course.

Does the Dorma use slayer magic?
No it doesn’t but my point was if the arguments previously were saying that the reason they rejected DSM by passing magic nullification was due to the Dorma being a “Dragon” and them saying only other Dragons or Dragon slayers can damage other Dragons well then logically when mystogon reflected the Dormas own attack back at it then it should have actually did damage as it was a Dragons attack hitting a Dragon yet it didn’t and it was stated the reason it didn’t was due to the armor being coated in a type of armor that nullifies all forms of magic but yet DSM is somehow able to by pass that effect of the armor
Slayer magic also works on enemies that have "dragon/god/demon-like properties".
Yea that’s true but I’m not really sure what your getting at here

but where talking about DSM in particular and it specifically bypassing a type armor that nullifies all other forms of magic

see not all slayer magic works the same so not all slayer magic would be Abel to by pass a type of magical nullifying armor as far as we know only DSM has shown that capability
If everyone else combined could do it, doesn't that just mean that the nullifying effect is partial, and they just thought Natsu was the only one strong enough?
I wouldn’t say it’s partial because even when they attempted They failed to do any type of damage to the gate

See We don’t know if everyone else combined could do it though (and when I saying everyone I mean Lucy and Yukino)

all that was stated is that the gate had to be destroyed

and Lucy thought that if she and Yukino used their full power together they could destroy it as that was there only option
(which they attempted to do and failed)

And that’s when Natsu came flying out of nowhere and destroyed the gate accidentally as he was fighting future rouge and just punched rouge into the gate

See No one asked Natsu or thought Natsu was the only capable of destroying the gate he was in the air fighting at the time he just came out of nowhere and destroyed the gate after Lucy and yukino failed to by punching Future Rouge into it
Of course.
Right exactly so see my point was if previously DSM by passing magic nullification was rejected due to it being changed to DSM currently having Limited Durability negation

That isn’t a reason to reject it as there’s no reason DSM can’t do both as we see in the manga DSM is indeed capable of both

I also think the two power can co-exist.
And even if DS magic can hurt anything that resembles a dragon, it doesn't change the fact that the Dorma had a specific ant-magic armor.
I'm not sure about the gate, but it can be a support evidence, since Dorma is enough to grant the power.

Zackra’s Right we should be saving this discussion for a later date

I only brought it up since we were talking about a Slayer magic page but I agree that this will require it’s own CRT down the line

the page its self looks fine and Ant agreed so I guess it’s fine for Mitch to make it

Could DSM users gain Resistance to BFR and Transmutation via the Anima failing to teleport them to Edolas and transmuting them onto Lacrima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back