• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Planet Size Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
My chad friend KingTempest did this as well, so I’m just keeping the good fight going

Here are the criteria for an allowed bigger planet
1. The planet does not sharply resemble Real Life Earth.
2. There are canonical measurements/references of measurement that don't require calculation stacking.
3. There are multiple consistent statements or frames of reference regarding it's size.
4. There are multiple consistent shots/images/maps of it's size.
5. There is little to no counterevidence or antifeats as to the planet's size.

Fairy Tail’s Planet is very clearly bigger than Earth

1. Ok, so a small country in Fairy Tail is Fiore, which has a stated distance given on the country, which is 370 Kilometers and that makes Fiore as big as Russia pretty much, and this is supported by a 1900 Miles statement also being on the county, this ends up making Ishgar, the smallest continent on the planet have a surface area greater than Earth, and with a small shot of the 3 continents we’ve learned of so far, we’ve only seen a small fraction of the planet so far, yet it’s already massively above Earth

2. The world is very clearly different from Earth, the world contains monsters such as Demons, Giants, and Dragons, and has magic and curses and plenty of different societies from IRL Earth

3. The planet also has a 100 Kilometer tall Dragon that dwarfs mountains with its hand alone and casually sits on the planet and we don’t see curvarure or anything, and this doesn’t make a dent into the size of the continent

It’s pretty directly not Earth and is clearly bigger than Earth, denial of this is blatantly wrong

Last edited:
1. Ok, so a small country in Fairy Tail is Fiore, which has a stated distance given on the country, which is 370 Kilometers and that makes Fiore as big as Russia pretty much, and this is supported by a 1900 Miles statement also being on the county, this ends up making Ishgar, the smallest cotinent on the planet have a surface area greater than Earth, and with a small shot of the 3 continents we’ve learned of so far, we’ve only seen a small fraction of the planet so far, yet it’s already massively above Earth
Agree 100% if the logistics of this check out, if canon distance/size statements give part of the planet a larger surface area than Earth, it's undeniably larger than Earth.

Edit: Can you drop the scans and maths for this? For the people not so antiquated with the FT stuffs.

Obviously I agree with this. I mean, Fiore is one of the smallest countries on Ishgar and it's the size of Russia going off of pure canon statements. There is a major lack of anti-feats too, so this should be fine.

We can get a massive lowball that still makes it far bigger than Earth
True.

I personally want it to be massive (I'm talking One Piece-planet size here).

Not for any calc reasons, oh no, I just think Earth-like planets that are the size of stars in fiction are really, really cool.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a sci fi geek.

Ehhhh, will this really boost anyone?

Unless the Deus Sama feat gets a serious upgrade from this (or maybe we can take a look at the Deus Sama meteor splitting the clouds but with the upgraded planet size), then I don't think any of our calcs, main or supporting, get boosted by this.

Asides from maybe the 5-A God Tiers if the power needed to destroy the larger planet is somehow above 2.7 yottatons, although I doubt it.

Ehhhh, will this really boost anyone?

Unless the Deus Sama feat gets a serious upgrade from this (or maybe we can take a look at the Deus Sama meteor splitting the clouds but with the upgraded planet size), then I don't think any of our calcs, main or supporting, get boosted by this.

Asides from maybe the 5-A God Tiers if the power needed to destroy the larger planet is somehow above 2.7 yottatons, although I doubt it.
Only thing that gets noticeably affected is Deus Sema's speed, which affects the Erza speed calc

That said, the point of this thread is less for upgrades and more for trying to be accurate.

Only thing that gets noticeably affected is Deus Sema's speed, which affects the Erza speed calc

That said, the point of this thread is less for upgrades and more for trying to be accurate.
^I'm just sick of us not being able to use the big planet when it clearly is bigger

Outside of speed, it changes nothing major

True.

I personally want it to be massive (I'm talking One Piece-planet size here).

Not for any calc reasons, oh no, I just think Earth-like planets that are the size of stars in fiction are really, really cool.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a bit of a sci fi geek.
How big is One Piece's planet?

I mean FT and OP's planets are both massively above Earth, we've only seen fractions of both

They are very likely similar in size

I'm not knowledgeable about FT, so I'm completely going off of what Mitch is saying in the OP. But this makes sense to me, just like in the One Piece case.

Like, this planet has little to no similarities with IRL Earth, and has canonical statements to corroborate a larger size, so I don't see the issue with accepting a larger planet in all honesty.

I'm sorry but when was this 1900 miles stated?

I do agree with the OP, although I'm not sure we can actually find how large the planet is.

Also, the fact that it takes hours to go from Hargeon to Magnolia (according to a light novel) further supports the size of Fiore being huge.
It's the distance from Warrod's house to the Sun Village

My chad friend KingTempest did this as well, so I’m just keeping the good fight going

2. There are canonical measurements/references of measurement that don't require calculation stacking.
3. There are multiple consistent statements or frames of reference regarding it's size.

1. Ok, so a small country in Fairy Tail is Fiore, which has a stated distance given on the country, which is 370 Kilometers and that makes Fiore as big as Russia pretty much, and this is supported by a 1900 Miles statement also being on the county, this ends up making Ishgar, the smallest continent on the planet have a surface area greater than Earth, and with a small shot of the 3 continents we’ve learned of so far, we’ve only seen a small fraction of the planet so far, yet it’s already massively above Earth

2. The world is very clearly different from Earth, the world contains monsters such as Demons, Giants, and Dragons, and has magic and curses and plenty of different societies from IRL Earth

3. The planet also has a 100 Kilometer tall Dragon that dwarfs mountains with its hand alone and casually sits on the planet and we don’t see curvarure or anything, and this doesn’t make a dent into the size of the continent

It’s pretty directly not Earth and is clearly bigger than Earth, denial of this is blatantly wrong
agree, btw, what is this thread about? just to accept that it is bigger than earth or something? i agree btw

Well this was accepted unanimously by multiple staff, so we can calc and find the planet's size

It's a major lowball considering we only get a small shot of the planet, but at the very least, I got the the circumference of the planet to be 85588806.98 Meters
1. Nice calc!

2. Is there any way to get a mid-ball or high-ball calc?

3. Honestly, the fact that Acnologia, the Phoenix (who Base Zeref is equal to), Selene, and other people on that tier can destroy the world (meaning that they scale to 2.3 yottatons) only further supports the God Tiers being 5-A!

Also, in this image of Earthland, you can see the continents of Earthland.

Couldn't we use the length of Ishgar (since the continent on the top right of Earthland's surface seems to probably be Ishgar judging by its shape) to determine Earthland's diameter?

Just one thing since when 370km make you as big than russia ? The size of russia is 9000km for east/west and 2500/4500km for south/north

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back